Warranty? and the changes - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006 Thread Starter
V6 Member
S197 Member

Warranty? and the changes

Does anyone know exactly what you can do to the engine without voiding the warranty, or is it only the exhuast you can work on?
Im getting a new muffler i know that doesnt void it? am i aloud to even touch the engine without voiding it. b/c i know you you change the intake it does

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006
V6 Member
S197 Member

Re: Warranty? and the changes

No... changing the intake should not void the warranty. I think they have to prove that what you did to the car caused what ever problem you are taking it to the shop for to void the warranty work. there have been many many posts on this subject... do a search and see what comes up.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006
S197 Member

I've had my cars modded with the CAI and tunes for almost a year. My dealer knows they are modded and I haven't had any problems. I usually ask the service writer if they are going to access the computer so I can put the stock tune back in. The dealer installs cold air kits and other performance goodies. I think they would have a hard time busting me for thngs they have made a lucrative business out of. Unless some failure is caused by the mod your warranty shouldn't be affected.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006 Thread Starter
V6 Member
S197 Member

o ok, there are no problems with my car its just ive talked to people who say it voids the warranty if you do anything to it. But if my dealer will let me get away with it and then just switch between the stock parts and the modded ones then its fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page