MRT Exhaust Tips Available - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006 Thread Starter
Apprentice

MRT Exhaust Tips Available

I installed some Corsa axlebacks, and thus no longer need my MRT Tips (http://mrt-direct.com/2005/Pages/exh%20tips.php). I'm looking to sell them, and I hope it's okay to post such a thread here. If not, moderator please pull the thread and accept my apologies.

Tips have about 300 miles on them - near new condition (certainly look new), and they include the clamps. I have some pictures of them on my car, if interested. New ones sell for around $100/pair. Will sell for $50.

Send a PM if interested.

2016 GT Shadow Black, 6 speed, Performance Package
Mods: Procharger Stage II supercharger; SLP Loudmouth exhaust; Foose quarter window scoops; T-Rex black steel mesh front grill; Ford Performance Street Lowering X-Springs; Hurst Competition Plus short-throw shifter; Auto Meter a-pillar 2 gauge mount with Cobalt fuel pressure and boost gauges; 20" RTR Tech 7 wheels; Mickey Thompson Street Comp 275/35 front 305/35 rear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006

Re: MRT Exhaust Tips Available

I've sent you a PM. Please email me a few pictures
Thanks

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Here are some pics...thought I had more than one pic w/ them on the car, but a search of the forum will yield pics of other cars w/ the same tips.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tips.jpg
Views:	396
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	16152   Click image for larger version

Name:	tips2.jpg
Views:	401
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	16153   Click image for larger version

Name:	tips3.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	16154   Click image for larger version

Name:	tips4.jpg
Views:	637
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	16156  

Mods: Procharger Stage II supercharger; SLP Loudmouth exhaust; Foose quarter window scoops; T-Rex black steel mesh front grill; Ford Performance Street Lowering X-Springs; Hurst Competition Plus short-throw shifter; Auto Meter a-pillar 2 gauge mount with Cobalt fuel pressure and boost gauges; 20" RTR Tech 7 wheels; Mickey Thompson Street Comp 275/35 front 305/35 rear.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006
V6 Member
S197 Member

yo how do the MRT tips sound on the car
does it make any difference
cause im thinkin about changing the muffler completely unless these add a nice sound and look good
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006 Thread Starter
Apprentice

These make no difference in the sound at all. Just for aesthetic purposes.

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006

How many HP do these add??

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-30-2006

Thanks for the pic's, I just shot a pm back to you
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006
GT Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by creolechowder
I installed some Corsa axlebacks, and thus no longer need my MRT Tips (http://mrt-direct.com/2005/Pages/exh%20tips.php). I'm looking to sell them, and I hope it's okay to post such a thread here. If not, moderator please pull the thread and accept my apologies.

Tips have about 300 miles on them - near new condition (certainly look new), and they include the clamps. I have some pictures of them on my car, if interested. New ones sell for around $100/pair. Will sell for $50.

Send a PM if interested.
I assume you have sold these but I was wondering about a couple of things since I want to change my tips but retain the stock mufflers. According to the MRT description, they just slide over the stock tips, right? That being the case, does it make it look weird or cheap to see the old tip inside the new one? Also, was it hard to keep them from discoloring? Thanks.

2016 GT350, tech pack, JLT intake, Lund flex tune
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006
BOSS Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

65sohc....I brought a set from MRT a few weeks ago for my wifes pony car...they do look alot better than the stock tips but..... you can see the old tip inside the new ones....I took the car to a shop...they had to expand the MRT tips a bit...these did not slide over the stock tips...They were alomost the same excat size... they cut the stock tip off with just enough sticking out for the MRTs to clamp onto. it looks good but would be expensive to get a shop to cut the stock tip all the way off and install these MRTs into the stock muffler...... no discoloration yet...my PYPES tips get ugly after a while but steel wool shines them right back up

Saleen S/C 3.2 pulley. Chris Rose tune.

Hot Rod cams, GT500 pumps, CHE goodies on the rear, 4.10's, KOOKS/ O/R X pipe with PYPES Violators, Spydershaft, TCI 3500 stall, PA deep tranny pan. Meziere w/p,M&H 325/45/17 DRs.
S/[email protected]/[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page