First Scratch 14months after purchase. - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006 Thread Starter
S197 Member

First Scratch 14months after purchase.

14 months after puchase I've gone and done it. Put the first scratch on my car, myself. I apparently closed the trunk with my keys in my hand and put a 2cm long scratch right through my right 3m rally stripe.

At least it's on the spoiler and not into the clear coat as far as I could tell.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member

Re: First Scratch 14months after purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandil
14 months after puchase I've gone and done it. Put the first scratch on my car, myself. I apparently closed the trunk with my keys in my hand and put a 2cm long scratch right through my right 3m rally stripe.

At least it's on the spoiler and not into the clear coat as far as I could tell.
Count yourself lucky! I, on the other hand, pulled a real stupid maneuver the other day. I mis-judged the length of the curb of the parking slot I was in. I backed up, turned the wheel to the right, and put on the gas. Well, to my horror my left side went up in the air as I bounced my way over the leading edge of the curb. When I got out to look, there was a nice set of gouges all the way to the plastic starting at the lower part of the front bumper (the little pointy part toward the center), and all along the underside of the drivers side rocker panel. Luckily it appears I didn't bend the wheel. At least most of the damage is hidden from plain sight!

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k5GTC
Count yourself lucky! I, on the other hand, pulled a real stupid maneuver the other day. I mis-judged the length of the curb of the parking slot I was in. I backed up, turned the wheel to the right, and put on the gas. Well, to my horror my left side went up in the air as I bounced my way over the leading edge of the curb. When I got out to look, there was a nice set of gouges all the way to the plastic starting at the lower part of the front bumper (the little pointy part toward the center), and all along the underside of the drivers side rocker panel. Luckily it appears I didn't bend the wheel. At least most of the damage is hidden from plain sight!

possible chin spolier cover up the bumper damage? just an idea.

The 1st ones over with Vandil, you can relax now, lol

'06 Tungsten GT 18" CT-R Gunmetals
Xcal2, JLTII, UDP, ProKit, Dspecs, Bump Steer kit, SS brake hoses, Strut Tower Brace, UCA, Adj.LCA's, AntiSquats, Panhard bar, MGW shifter, Steeda cowl hood, Hood pins, MRT hood struts*, 14" Antenna, Sequencial TL's, 07 Plenum cover, PJ Saleen heritage fascia, CDC ductail, SSE 1/4 window louvers, MAG mirror inserts, Rear trunk painted, MGW window switch plates, Billet door lock pins, Interior trunk release, Tint.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006
Apprentice
S197 Member

Share those D'oh! moments!

OK. Since you guys are talking about some D'oh! moments, I guess I will share this with you(against my better judgement, which I was severely lacking at this time). Last week, I arrived home in the evening and parked the Mustang in the driveway, in front of my attached garage. The garage doors were locked, and since I just moved in I have not changed the lock so I can not unlock it from the outside. So I leave the car running, and go inside and make my way to go to the garage to move the Mustang. On my way to do that, I notice my wife is home from her week long business trip from London. So we start talking, and she gives me the wink and says let's go to the bedroom before the teenage kids get home for dinner. Of course I jumped at that, and forgot all about the Mustang running in the driveway. So then we have dinner, watch some TV, and we go to sleep. The next morning my kids get up for school(pretty early 5:30am), and I am woken up by my son yelling, "the Mustang is running in the driveway!". Turns out the car was idling all night long, for about 8 hours! D'oh! Double D'oh! I wonder how much wear that's gonna have on the engine? Lucky for me I live in a small town, so the car was still there the next morning. I still can't believe I did this, and now you all know!

08 Roush 427R GT Torch Red Premium
Painted Side Mirror Covers
100% Roush synthetic oil
06 V6 Vert Premium w/Pony Package
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Rofl, I cant even comment on that

'06 Tungsten GT 18" CT-R Gunmetals
Xcal2, JLTII, UDP, ProKit, Dspecs, Bump Steer kit, SS brake hoses, Strut Tower Brace, UCA, Adj.LCA's, AntiSquats, Panhard bar, MGW shifter, Steeda cowl hood, Hood pins, MRT hood struts*, 14" Antenna, Sequencial TL's, 07 Plenum cover, PJ Saleen heritage fascia, CDC ductail, SSE 1/4 window louvers, MAG mirror inserts, Rear trunk painted, MGW window switch plates, Billet door lock pins, Interior trunk release, Tint.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage

Okay, all of you need to go stand in the corner for 20 mins so you can think about what you have done and consider yourselves chastized!

That being said, my turn for the story. I bought my car with the 20" wheels on it from the dealer. I had the car for maybe two weeks when I pulled up to a stop light for a left turn. I saw the island out of the corner of my eye. I noticed that the curb dropped away, like a driveway. But what I did not notice is that it went right back up a few feet away. Needless to say, when the light turned green, I turned the wheel left, stepped on the gas and SMACK!!! right into the curb. YES, I severely gouged the left front wheel, so bad that I had to replace the wheel. Yes, I did go stand in the corner for 20 minutes after that boneheaded boo-boo.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoenr
possible chin spolier cover up the bumper damage? just an idea.

The 1st ones over with Vandil, you can relax now, lol
Hehe. My thoughts exactly! The CDC Classic Chin Spoiler would look good. My only concern is knocking it off on those stupid parking spot stop block thingies. I destroyed 3 bumpers on my 87 Mustang GT that way!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006

My poor car has been subjected to the rigors of a learning teenage driver. Its in fairly good shape, actually, aside from a scratch on the rear (Caused, actually, while I wasn't even in my car) and a terrible mishap I had a month ago with a carwash.

I will never, ever use the carwash again.

I had to drive to the southern tip of florida and back before I could get my liscense. For this reason, I'm a better driver than my peers, and its probably whats kept me out of an accident. That, and luck.

Fortunately I've learned usual lessons, after a year. My car is safe now (Hopefully!).
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-06-2006
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k5GTC
Hehe. My thoughts exactly! The CDC Classic Chin Spoiler would look good. My only concern is knocking it off on those stupid parking spot stop block thingies. I destroyed 3 bumpers on my 87 Mustang GT that way!
I've hit a few parking blocks with my chin spoiler. Even bent it all the way back once. Just a small scrape on the bottom but it held tight. That 3M tape is worth its weight in gold.

1965 Mustang Coupe
S197 Member

When I first got my Stang a year ago, I put a gouge in the bottom of chin spoiler by pulling into a parking spot too far. Fortunately, I was taking it in to get the stripes painted and the body shop repaired the deep scrath and the holes the dealer drilled in for the front license plate.

Since then I've been really careful not to pull to far in to a spot and damage the front.
Apprentice
Classic Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member

Harry Canary

2k5GTC;
I GUESS YOUR GOING TO HAVE TO COMMIT
"HARRY CANARY"

1964.5 Coupe V8, 1965 GT Coupe V8, 1979 5.0 Fastback & Sweet V6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page