Share those D'oh! Moments! - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
S197 Member

Ok Guys heres mine. Last October I was pleasently suprised by a decent bonus from my boss. Spent a few days deciding whether to spend it on mods for the mustang or to by a beater for the winter and spare the GT the salt and shi--y roads of the NJ winters. So I decided to get the beater and preserve.

Wife and I are out cruising the used car lots when I finally find an explorer that is worth the cash. So, I tell my wife that this is the one I am going to buy. I also tell her to drive the mustang home and follow me. Of course that is after the 1/2 hour lecture of what not to do to my baby.

I finally get the keys to the explorer and the wife who was 7 months pregnant at the time asks me to bring the stang over to her since it was parked in a tight car lot and she was afraid to back it out of the spot it was in. So as I am doing this and she of course is watching I back into a concrete pillar holding a light post that was in the blind spot D'OH .

It killed me to think that I did this while looking for a vehicle to keep mine from getting screwed and scratched and especially after lecturing the wife. I still hear about it to the day. Total cost was $400.00 to repair the scratches in the rear bumper cover.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

nghtrnnr

leaving the car running for nookie isnt so bad...i was delivering some stuff to a church in this big ol van and i saw the cutest gal standing outside...my co pilot in the van dares me to talk to her so i pull the van in front of the church and start yakkin with her about how we're deliverin some old clothes for homeless folks and the conversation was goin good...you know how your buddies are when they see you doin well with a hottie so he gets out and goes around the van to say somethin stupid( now that i broke the ice he feels he can talk to her...) so i get out to smack him in the head but i left the van in drive and all none of us notice that the van is moving until it picks up enough speed to smash into the church wall...me and my bud were watchin our toe nails grow for a long time on that one.

didnt even get the girl..i think we lost her when we started fightin but i'm sure we lost her when the van hit the wall

MACH I Member
S197 Member

I just had my Homer moment. I spent the afternoon washing and preping the car for a show I'm going to be in tomorrow. Now, you all know how you can wash and dry the car, move it 10 feet, and all the water you just tried so hard to dry off and not leave water marks runs out of all the little crevices. So I decide to shake her off before I put the car back in the garage. I figure, I'll head off all the little water marks. So I back the car down the driveway and nail it. Then do the same in reverse. Get back in the driveway and find I've now flung mud all over the side of the car.

'05 Sonic Blue GT w/ '07 V8 engine, 5-sp, IUP, Beige leather interior, nothing else -
just the way I wanted it. (1 of 113)
OK, so I've added a few things to it. Check my Profile - too many to list here.

PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via MSN to Hoodlum
Was driving mine through a parking lot to an ATM. Cut through the "empty" parking lot and parked next to the ATM. Pulled out some money then preceded to leave. Back the car out and as I start to go forward and turn in the direction that I came from(cutting throught the parking lot again) I was going about 5-10 miles an hour and was about to finish the turn when *BAM* shopping cart(one of the tall ones that dont have a deep basket and you can see through easily) nailed my hood and rolled the paint and aluminum up like a sardine can. At that point I proceeded to leave went home didnt even eat that night and that was what I went to the ATM for. Word of advice if you are tired *DO NOT* drive your mustang
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeiMa
I guess we are both out of wack - there is a reason my Mustang is in the spot in the garage that is directly under our bed upstairs!!!
Well, that's just Feng Shui :thumbsup

BTW, your online name is what New Yorkers say when they are on TV.

2006 Black, GT, spoiler delete, five speed, leather, custom welded straight pipes with resonators, sequential turn signals, Hurst Pro Performance shifter. FRPP 4.10s with Motive bearing kit, Spydershaft one piece aluminum driveshaft, w/ Spicer 1330 U-joints, Steeda UCA and LCAs, chrome moly panhard rod. bye bye wheel hop, hello traction! SCT XCalII, BBK CAI, ZEX 100 shot.
I've written a book or two. Google David Buschhorn to laugh at my scribblings.
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Deep breath....

A couple of months ago, I was pulling the baby out of the garage.

I open the entry door to the garage.

Slip into the driver's side to put in the coffee cup and lunch bag. Oops, coffee cup is sort of oval. Doesn't fit in the cupholder. Oh well, I'll just be careful.

Get out. Walk carefully around the Mustang. Open the bay door. Walk back around and into the Mustang. Forgetting all about the coffee, on the armrest, I knock it into the backseat. [BLOOSH]

It's all over everything. Armrest, seat, carpet [smells good but I am furious].

I pull the car forward a little too fast, hit the brakes and jump out to grab a towel from downstairs. I unlock the front door, race down, race back....

Where's my car?

Car in neutral+gently sloping driveway=Houdini car!

Mustang has rolled down the driveway and T-boned into the side of the Taurus.

Both cars were fine [undamaged!] but that was a sickening feeling.

"OH [insert good swear words here]!!!!"

2006 Black, GT, spoiler delete, five speed, leather, custom welded straight pipes with resonators, sequential turn signals, Hurst Pro Performance shifter. FRPP 4.10s with Motive bearing kit, Spydershaft one piece aluminum driveshaft, w/ Spicer 1330 U-joints, Steeda UCA and LCAs, chrome moly panhard rod. bye bye wheel hop, hello traction! SCT XCalII, BBK CAI, ZEX 100 shot.
I've written a book or two. Google David Buschhorn to laugh at my scribblings.
post #22 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-07-2006 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Boy you guys with these stories are making me feel better about my little mishap already! Those are some real winners! Thanks for being willing to share. May this forum continue to serve as warnings to all of us. Keep 'em coming!:thumbsup

08 Roush 427R GT Torch Red Premium
Painted Side Mirror Covers
100% Roush synthetic oil
06 V6 Vert Premium w/Pony Package
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via MSN to Hoodlum
Quote:
Originally Posted by iplaydat
Boy you guys with these stories are making me feel better about my little mishap already! Those are some real winners! Thanks for being willing to share. May this forum continue to serve as warnings to all of us. Keep 'em coming!:thumbsup
I just hope as each of these scenarios start to unfold in everyone elses life that these posts in the thread will flash in to the minds of everyone and prevent the same "doh- moments" from happening. If my "doh-moment" can save one persons hood this thread would have been worth it.:thumbsup
S197 Member

This one was not my fault but still a good one. I had a 93' Vibrant White special edition LX convertible before my 05 GT. I had a Cobra R cowl hood installed and the bumpers & side molding repainted.

After a week and half of waiting, I got my car and was very happy. That night I was going out on the town with a friend. I get to the expressway entrance and gun it. Well, all I see is this flash of white and then I realize my hood has blown open, it smashes in the cowl and then detaches and flies away like a kite. My friends is like holy crap all I say is STFU and take a moment to realize what happened. Luckily, my hood did not hit another car and it landed in the far right lane which traffic was avoiding it. I ran down the sholder and retreived my new hood, dropped my convertible top stuff my hood vertically behide the front seats. So, I am driving down the expressway with no hood top down with a the remains of old hood stuffed behinde me heading back home.

Neddless to say I got quite tosted that night at the bar.

Bodyshop neglected to attach the saftey latch! And beleive me you, I let that Mo have it!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pic000.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	16305  
PONY Member
S197 Member

Getting gas..the "attendant" opened the gas lid so hard he bent the lid & dinged the body.
Praise Jeezus I had 'dent fixer' (today) get the ding out painlessly & the body shop re-aligned the gas lid.
Not a huge deal since the car is back to perfection however that $25 fill up ended up costing me $175.

Also I hit a curb & had to repaint / restripe the front splitter last year day. Day after I got it back, Wife runs over a pothole , & screws up the splitter again

$300 to repaint the splitter & restripe twice $450 total for nothing .

White GT500 Vert / Blue Stripes- I'm waiting.....

In some other post I had mentioned that I had had been trapped and beaten by a carwash, much in the way a spider snares insects. Here's how it went down.

I pull into the carwash, slowly, like the sign says. I've neve really done this before, so I just pull forward straight like I've seen others do. Simple enough, right? Suddenly my car hits something hard, like a barrier in font of me. No idea what it is. I go a little farther, and the entire right side of my car lurches up. Ok, so thats bad. I pull out, very carefully, and go back in, and the same thing happens, despite my best attempts to avoid whatever it was I hit. It looked like some black thing under the tires. I go up, the car lurches completely to the left side again, I get very worried, start to back out, I can't. The light on the carwash changes to red, and things start groaning and hissing. Now I'm panicked, so I throw it into the reverse, the car starts fishtailing in place everwherere, so I stop that and try everything I can to get the car straight. I get stuck. , at a 45 degree angle in the carwash. The moving cleaners, those hulking pieces of metal, start to move forward towards me. I can only watch and cover my eyes as it goes past, hits my fender, stops, and then pushes forward and scrapes the paint off the side of my car. By some miracle I was able to straight up after this, and get out of the carwash as soon as I could.

Then I felt sick and proceeded to panick in the parking lot. The scratch wasn't *too* big, thankfully, and isnt very noticable with touch up paint on there- but the right side of my bumper is pressed in just a centimeter. Its not very noticible, but its not flush with the fender.

So, overall, can't tell. Only I know the signs of my shame.

Does anyone know what those black blocks in the middle of the carwashes are for?
S197 Member

This happened yesterday and I already made a thread of my own but I might as well add to this one with the original post from the other thread....

"As this just happened about 7 minutes ago I am still steaming mad.. at myself of course ..

Anyway I was just washing the car and I was completely done everything gleaming clean looking perfect and I was just thinking to myself 'I hope it doesn't rain for a week so the car will stay clean'.. Then for whatever reason I decided to reverse the car into the garage instead of pulling it in forwards like I always do. So I'm backing up verrry carefully, but obviously not carefully enough as I hear a grrrrinnndddd/scrrraatcch on the right side. So I yell 'OH F*CK!!' and get out to see what I've just done. The right side of the rear bumper is scraped and has paint from my garage across it and the bumper is dented in now I can't express in words how mad/sick I feel right now."

Update: Most recent quote I received was $800, so it will most likely cost me about $800 because I attempted to reverse into my garage
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1292 (Medium).jpg
Views:	75
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	18071   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1288 (Medium).jpg
Views:	66
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	18072  
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iplaydat
As careful as we are with our new Mustang babies, sometimes our minds go on vacation and we do something dumb that we wouldn't want to bring up at the next family reunion. But we can share those moments here in relative anonymity. Since this is my thread, I will start. Who can top me?

Last week, I arrived home in the evening and parked the Mustang in the driveway, in front of my attached garage. The garage doors were locked, and since I just moved in I have not changed the lock so I can not unlock it from the outside. So I leave the car running, and go inside and make my way to go to the garage to move the Mustang. On my way to do that, I notice my wife is home from her week long business trip from London. So we start talking, and she gives me the wink and says let's go to the bedroom before the teenage kids get home for dinner. Of course I jumped at that, and forgot all about the Mustang running in the driveway. So then we have dinner, watch some TV, and we go to sleep. The next morning my kids get up for school(pretty early 5:30am), and I am woken up by my son yelling, "The Mustang is running in the driveway!". Turns out the car was idling all night long, for about 8 hours! D'oh! Double D'oh! I wonder how much wear that's gonna have on the engine? Lucky for me I live in a small town, so the car was still there the next morning. I still can't believe I did this, and now you all know!
Great way to do the break in

Sunny morning, top down, stereo cranked, slight hangover...pull up to light behind new Porsche Boxster and see guy eyeing the GT behind him, light green he nails it, I nail and don't bother shifting to 2nd gear and smack hard into rev limiter and look like an idiot as the Porsche leaves me in a big way. sorry Vantage but "I'm the Moron" (thank god for the rev limiter, thought I blew engine)
GT Member
S197 Member

1st time to the track in the stang, heck 1st time there in almost 5 years, 1st manual trans i ever had with about 1000 miles logged behind the wheel. run 1 was a 15.0 due to traction, second run:

i dump it on the last yellow, reaction time perfect. car spins crazy off the line, i shift it into second, traction is restored and now i am moving, i get overzealous shifting into 3rd and fling it hard into 1st at about 6,000 rpms and i believe close to 80mph!!! the following smilies best describe my emotional state at the time: rear tires, driveline, everything locks the f--- up right there in the middle of the track, the sound of tires screeching to a halt under the new drag that i just created. luckily, i had the sense to realize i screwed up bad, real bad and pushed the clutch in. momentarily regaining my composer, i manage to drop it in into 3rd this time and punch it popping through the traps at a 15.8 i continue straight through down to the turnout, and head my unhappy embarrassed a$$ home to grab a 12 pack and deal with the situation and the possibility that i might have just totally blew out my 1st gear. (drove home floating lights and signs threw second just in case) thankfully, that 3650 really is bulletproof b/c as far as i can tell, she took a hell of hit and kept right on going. thats also when i started looking for a better shifter.... other than that one bad mishap, car has never had any misfortune....yet...knock on stang.....

2006 Tungsten GT 5 speed -Hurst | C & L CAI, | Predator running 91 torque tune (91 race for track)-BAMA. | MAC Boomtubes | FRPP 4.10s|Kaenan 3in cowl hood.

2006 F150 Supercrew Lariat 4x4 Black- 5.4, Hellbent Steel 2.5 level with 35x12.5x20 toyo m/ts on blk XD Hoss wheels, roll up tonneau, Gotts CAI, predator 91 performance tune.

Wifes Ride: 2013 Explorer XLT 2.0 Ecoboost. Stock as stock can be, but hey... on the bright side... she has a turbo!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page