How Do You V6 Guys Take The Heat?!?! - Page 10 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools

point is moot....get a civic si for 20 grand or so, and beat the Mustang V6. Point is, 210 hp from a 4 liter V6 is on the low side, only 1 or 2 engines available have less horsepower. Alright sixers....show me which V6's have less horsepower....on your mark, get set, go!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscoyote
Looks to me like he was referring to this post.
No, I wasn't. I am referring to the SOUND, not the rpm range, torque range, etc. The sound!!!! :handball:

nghtrnnr

its about time another gter showed up

Quote:
Originally Posted by reekostang
point is moot....get a civic si for 20 grand or so, and beat the Mustang V6. Point is, 210 hp from a 4 liter V6 is on the low side, only 1 or 2 engines available have less horsepower. Alright sixers....show me which V6's have less horsepower....on your mark, get set, go!
I think the point is that the S197 V6 is a "bullet proof" motor with lots of low-end torque that is differentiated from the GT by less displacement then any previous years' designs, but with modest constraints in power oriented engineering designed to maintain a low sticker price and leave it in the perfect position to be modified by the already thriving aftermarket enthusiast crowd.

So at stock it's designed to be a modest performer, so as not to intrude on the market for the GT, no?

I'm willing to bet the Civic SI motor is for the most part maxed out already at stock. The vehicle weighs a fraction of the Mustang, so comparing them is like comparing a V6 to a motorcycle with 2 cylinders and a seat, that can beat the Stang. When you buy the Mustang you are buying the steel as well as the performance. It's light enough to be fast and heavy enough to kick ass.

Instead of showing you a 6 cyl engine with LESS power, it would be a fair contest to compare maximum output achieved vs. cost per vehicle in the same weight class.

Would you really drive an SI?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssoss
I think the point is that the S197 V6 is a "bullet proof" motor with lots of low-end torque that is differentiated from the GT by less displacement then any previous years' designs, but with modest constraints in power oriented engineering designed to maintain a low sticker price and leave it in the perfect position to be modified by the already thriving aftermarket enthusiast crowd.

So at stock it's designed to be a modest performer, so as not to intrude on the market for the GT, no?

I'm willing to bet the Civic SI motor is for the most part maxed out already at stock. The vehicle weighs a fraction of the Mustang, so comparing them is like comparing a V6 to a motorcycle with 2 cylinders and a seat, that can beat the Stang. When you buy the Mustang you are buying the steel as well as the performance. It's light enough to be fast and heavy enough to kick ass.

Instead of showing you a 6 cyl engine with LESS power, it would be a fair contest to compare maximum output achieved vs. cost per vehicle in the same weight class.

Would you really drive an SI?
I would think that the V6 could have 280 hp, and there would be people that know the the SOUND of the V8 is just as important as the look, wouldn't you agree? Can anyone tell me they prefer the gentle whisper when the V6 starts up as opposed to the growl of the V8? I love getting into my 'Stang and starting her up, and watching heads turn and smile as they acknowledge the sweet sound of that engine! Maybe as a two time Emmy award winning sound fx editor I place more importance on the sound than the average bear, I don't know.....Anyone else love the low end growl of the V8?

Quote:
Because we've been through this already.

Guess what? your 25000 GT is slow compared to my 68!

Both the Cougar AND the Mustang.

I paid 1750 for the Stang and $2000 for the Cougar.

BFD!

Your car is an expensive poseur. A POS. A Wannabe 1968 Mustang. A Retread. A fraud!

Why would you get a GT when a 2003 or 2004 Cobra would whup it?

Shoot, for the same money, I could whup ya in a 1978 KING COBRA!
I'll double check some of my Mustang books when I get home from work, but I believe that a 68 'Stang hits 60 in about 6.5 seconds. This GT is, I believe, the fastest non-Cobra Mustang produced. Once again, I will double check my Mustang reference books. Point number two, line up your 2005 GT next to a 67 or 68 fastback(wait, you don't have one? What are you doing trolling in our forum? Hating on the SN197? Hmmmmmm........) Anyway, it's a great modernization of the old breed, look at the two from the rear. The 2005 is much broader "shouldered" than the 60's models. I'll get some pictures at the next Mustang show I go to. Most of the people line up to take pix of the old and new fastbacks next to each other, but if you think that they are a "clone" of each other, you need to get your eyes checked.....and look for a forum called "bitter, non 2005 Mustang owners"
nghtrnnr

Quote:
I would think that the V6 could have 280 hp, and there would be people that know the the SOUND of the V8 is just as important as the look, wouldn't you agree? Can anyone tell me they prefer the gentle whisper when the V6 starts up as opposed to the growl of the V8? I love getting into my 'Stang and starting her up, and watching heads turn and smile as they acknowledge the sweet sound of that engine! Maybe as a two time Emmy award winning sound fx editor I place more importance on the sound than the average bear, I don't know.....Anyone else love the low end growl of the V8?
me...i love it too bro
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
I could care less about the sound. I have a house with neighbors I don't care to wake up every morning at 6:00AM.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
I'll double check some of my Mustang books when I get home from work, but I believe that a 68 'Stang hits 60 in about 6.5 seconds. This GT is, I believe, the fastest non-Cobra Mustang produced. Once again, I will double check my Mustang reference books. Point number two, line up your 2005 GT next to a 67 or 68 fastback(wait, you don't have one? What are you doing trolling in our forum? Hating on the SN197? Hmmmmmm........) Anyway, it's a great modernization of the old breed, look at the two from the rear. The 2005 is much broader "shouldered" than the 60's models. I'll get some pictures at the next Mustang show I go to. Most of the people line up to take pix of the old and new fastbacks next to each other, but if you think that they are a "clone" of each other, you need to get your eyes checked.....and look for a forum called "bitter, non 2005 Mustang owners"

Poor baby, did I insult your ride? Why so sensitive?

Stock, it was slower than that -try 7.5 secs.

But mine wasn't even stock when I bought it. Neither one of 'em.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
Rookie
V6 Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to afixer
i handle it like this
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	stangx1 Large e-mail view Large Web view.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	16651  

2005 scremin yellow v6 coupe 12" black stripes
sequencial taillights yellow seat and door inlays
explorer express x-charger # 001 8.95 1/8 mile
Apprentice
S197 Member

I have the manual 05 GT and an auto 06 V6 vert. My wife got the V6 because she said she didn't want the power or louder sound, and wanted better gas mileage to/from work. She was a little afraid of the V8 power.

Now, playing both sides of the isle, my wife said to me yesterday that after driving the V6 for a couple of weeks, she kinda wished she got the bigger power of the V8! I told her so! And when I mentioned the louder sound of the V8, she said she wouldn't really mind that either. Aargh! She's killing me!

Either way, these are great cars and the vert is fun to drive. If she wants more power, we can put in a supercharger on the V6 to bring it up closer to the V8 stock.:thumbsup

08 Roush 427R GT Torch Red Premium
Painted Side Mirror Covers
100% Roush synthetic oil
06 V6 Vert Premium w/Pony Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by iplaydat
I have the manual 05 GT and an auto 06 V6 vert. My wife got the V6 because she said she didn't want the power or louder sound, and wanted better gas mileage to/from work. She was a little afraid of the V8 power.

Now, playing both sides of the isle, my wife said to me yesterday that after driving the V6 for a couple of weeks, she kinda wished she got the bigger power of the V8! I told her so! And when I mentioned the louder sound of the V8, she said she wouldn't really mind that either. Aargh! She's killing me!

Either way, these are great cars and the vert is fun to drive. If she wants more power, we can put in a supercharger on the V6 to bring it up closer to the V8 stock.:thumbsup
Thumbs up to your wife!!! She's got bigger balls than the average coyote, that's for sure!!!!!
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Thumbs up to your wife!!! She's got bigger balls than the average coyote, that's for sure!!!!!
Does she reek?

:thumbsup

If she's got balls, I reckon reekostang's in love -he always went for the shemales . . . .

Quote:
Poor baby, did I insult your ride? Why so sensitive?

Stock, it was slower than that -try 7.5 secs.

But mine wasn't even stock when I bought it. Neither one of 'em.
When comparing cars, you have to compare STOCK, that's the only fair way, obviously. As far as you not caring about the sound, I now understand where you are coming from. Hey, you should support Buick, they make really nice quiet cars for seniors, sounds perfect for you. Go pop an O'douls non-alcoholic, and marvel at the greatest Mustang ever built-yours!!!:thumbsup

Quote:
I could care less about the sound. I have a house with neighbors I don't care to wake up every morning at 6:00AM.
The phrase is actually "I COULD'NT care less." If you say "I could care less," that means that you care some amount. Most people with lower IQ's get that wrong, so don't feel too bad.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page