How Do You V6 Guys Take The Heat?!?! - Page 10 - Ford Mustang Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
reekostang's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 91
 
point is moot....get a civic si for 20 grand or so, and beat the Mustang V6. Point is, 210 hp from a 4 liter V6 is on the low side, only 1 or 2 engines available have less horsepower. Alright sixers....show me which V6's have less horsepower....on your mark, get set, go!

reekostang is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
 
reekostang's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 91
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kscoyote
Looks to me like he was referring to this post.
No, I wasn't. I am referring to the SOUND, not the rpm range, torque range, etc. The sound!!!! :handball:

reekostang is offline  
nghtrnnr
Guest
 
nghtrnnr's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
its about time another gter showed up
 
 
ssoss's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 78
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by reekostang
point is moot....get a civic si for 20 grand or so, and beat the Mustang V6. Point is, 210 hp from a 4 liter V6 is on the low side, only 1 or 2 engines available have less horsepower. Alright sixers....show me which V6's have less horsepower....on your mark, get set, go!
I think the point is that the S197 V6 is a "bullet proof" motor with lots of low-end torque that is differentiated from the GT by less displacement then any previous years' designs, but with modest constraints in power oriented engineering designed to maintain a low sticker price and leave it in the perfect position to be modified by the already thriving aftermarket enthusiast crowd.

So at stock it's designed to be a modest performer, so as not to intrude on the market for the GT, no?

I'm willing to bet the Civic SI motor is for the most part maxed out already at stock. The vehicle weighs a fraction of the Mustang, so comparing them is like comparing a V6 to a motorcycle with 2 cylinders and a seat, that can beat the Stang. When you buy the Mustang you are buying the steel as well as the performance. It's light enough to be fast and heavy enough to kick ass.

Instead of showing you a 6 cyl engine with LESS power, it would be a fair contest to compare maximum output achieved vs. cost per vehicle in the same weight class.

Would you really drive an SI?
ssoss is offline  
 
reekostang's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 91
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssoss
I think the point is that the S197 V6 is a "bullet proof" motor with lots of low-end torque that is differentiated from the GT by less displacement then any previous years' designs, but with modest constraints in power oriented engineering designed to maintain a low sticker price and leave it in the perfect position to be modified by the already thriving aftermarket enthusiast crowd.

So at stock it's designed to be a modest performer, so as not to intrude on the market for the GT, no?

I'm willing to bet the Civic SI motor is for the most part maxed out already at stock. The vehicle weighs a fraction of the Mustang, so comparing them is like comparing a V6 to a motorcycle with 2 cylinders and a seat, that can beat the Stang. When you buy the Mustang you are buying the steel as well as the performance. It's light enough to be fast and heavy enough to kick ass.

Instead of showing you a 6 cyl engine with LESS power, it would be a fair contest to compare maximum output achieved vs. cost per vehicle in the same weight class.

Would you really drive an SI?
I would think that the V6 could have 280 hp, and there would be people that know the the SOUND of the V8 is just as important as the look, wouldn't you agree? Can anyone tell me they prefer the gentle whisper when the V6 starts up as opposed to the growl of the V8? I love getting into my 'Stang and starting her up, and watching heads turn and smile as they acknowledge the sweet sound of that engine! Maybe as a two time Emmy award winning sound fx editor I place more importance on the sound than the average bear, I don't know.....Anyone else love the low end growl of the V8?
reekostang is offline  
 
reekostang's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 91
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kscoyote
Because we've been through this already.

Guess what? your 25000 GT is slow compared to my 68!

Both the Cougar AND the Mustang.

I paid 1750 for the Stang and $2000 for the Cougar.

BFD!

Your car is an expensive poseur. A POS. A Wannabe 1968 Mustang. A Retread. A fraud!

Why would you get a GT when a 2003 or 2004 Cobra would whup it?

Shoot, for the same money, I could whup ya in a 1978 KING COBRA!
I'll double check some of my Mustang books when I get home from work, but I believe that a 68 'Stang hits 60 in about 6.5 seconds. This GT is, I believe, the fastest non-Cobra Mustang produced. Once again, I will double check my Mustang reference books. Point number two, line up your 2005 GT next to a 67 or 68 fastback(wait, you don't have one? What are you doing trolling in our forum? Hating on the SN197? Hmmmmmm........) Anyway, it's a great modernization of the old breed, look at the two from the rear. The 2005 is much broader "shouldered" than the 60's models. I'll get some pictures at the next Mustang show I go to. Most of the people line up to take pix of the old and new fastbacks next to each other, but if you think that they are a "clone" of each other, you need to get your eyes checked.....and look for a forum called "bitter, non 2005 Mustang owners"
reekostang is offline  
nghtrnnr
Guest
 
nghtrnnr's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by reekostang
I would think that the V6 could have 280 hp, and there would be people that know the the SOUND of the V8 is just as important as the look, wouldn't you agree? Can anyone tell me they prefer the gentle whisper when the V6 starts up as opposed to the growl of the V8? I love getting into my 'Stang and starting her up, and watching heads turn and smile as they acknowledge the sweet sound of that engine! Maybe as a two time Emmy award winning sound fx editor I place more importance on the sound than the average bear, I don't know.....Anyone else love the low end growl of the V8?
me...i love it too bro
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member
 
kscoyote's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Topeka
Posts: 11,432
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by reekostang
I would think that the V6 could have 280 hp, and there would be people that know the the SOUND of the V8 is just as important as the look, wouldn't you agree? Can anyone tell me they prefer the gentle whisper when the V6 starts up as opposed to the growl of the V8? I love getting into my 'Stang and starting her up, and watching heads turn and smile as they acknowledge the sweet sound of that engine! Maybe as a two time Emmy award winning sound fx editor I place more importance on the sound than the average bear, I don't know.....Anyone else love the low end growl of the V8?
I could care less about the sound. I have a house with neighbors I don't care to wake up every morning at 6:00AM.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
kscoyote is offline  
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member
 
kscoyote's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Topeka
Posts: 11,432
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by reekostang
I'll double check some of my Mustang books when I get home from work, but I believe that a 68 'Stang hits 60 in about 6.5 seconds. This GT is, I believe, the fastest non-Cobra Mustang produced. Once again, I will double check my Mustang reference books. Point number two, line up your 2005 GT next to a 67 or 68 fastback(wait, you don't have one? What are you doing trolling in our forum? Hating on the SN197? Hmmmmmm........) Anyway, it's a great modernization of the old breed, look at the two from the rear. The 2005 is much broader "shouldered" than the 60's models. I'll get some pictures at the next Mustang show I go to. Most of the people line up to take pix of the old and new fastbacks next to each other, but if you think that they are a "clone" of each other, you need to get your eyes checked.....and look for a forum called "bitter, non 2005 Mustang owners"

Poor baby, did I insult your ride? Why so sensitive?


Stock, it was slower than that -try 7.5 secs.

But mine wasn't even stock when I bought it. Neither one of 'em.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
kscoyote is offline  
Rookie
V6 Member
S197 Member
 
afixer's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Post falls
Posts: 25
 
Send a message via AIM to afixer
i handle it like this
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	stangx1 Large e-mail view Large Web view.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	16651  

2005 scremin yellow v6 coupe 12" black stripes
sequencial taillights yellow seat and door inlays
explorer express x-charger # 001 8.95 1/8 mile
afixer is offline  
Apprentice
S197 Member
 
iplaydat's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: South Jordan
Posts: 241
 
I have the manual 05 GT and an auto 06 V6 vert. My wife got the V6 because she said she didn't want the power or louder sound, and wanted better gas mileage to/from work. She was a little afraid of the V8 power.

Now, playing both sides of the isle, my wife said to me yesterday that after driving the V6 for a couple of weeks, she kinda wished she got the bigger power of the V8! I told her so! And when I mentioned the louder sound of the V8, she said she wouldn't really mind that either. Aargh! She's killing me!

Either way, these are great cars and the vert is fun to drive. If she wants more power, we can put in a supercharger on the V6 to bring it up closer to the V8 stock.:thumbsup

08 Roush 427R GT Torch Red Premium
Painted Side Mirror Covers
100% Roush synthetic oil
06 V6 Vert Premium w/Pony Package
iplaydat is offline  
 
reekostang's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 91
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by iplaydat
I have the manual 05 GT and an auto 06 V6 vert. My wife got the V6 because she said she didn't want the power or louder sound, and wanted better gas mileage to/from work. She was a little afraid of the V8 power.

Now, playing both sides of the isle, my wife said to me yesterday that after driving the V6 for a couple of weeks, she kinda wished she got the bigger power of the V8! I told her so! And when I mentioned the louder sound of the V8, she said she wouldn't really mind that either. Aargh! She's killing me!

Either way, these are great cars and the vert is fun to drive. If she wants more power, we can put in a supercharger on the V6 to bring it up closer to the V8 stock.:thumbsup
Thumbs up to your wife!!! She's got bigger balls than the average coyote, that's for sure!!!!!
reekostang is offline  
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member
 
kscoyote's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Topeka
Posts: 11,432
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by reekostang
Thumbs up to your wife!!! She's got bigger balls than the average coyote, that's for sure!!!!!
Does she reek?


:thumbsup


If she's got balls, I reckon reekostang's in love -he always went for the shemales . . . .

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
kscoyote is offline  
 
reekostang's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 91
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kscoyote
Poor baby, did I insult your ride? Why so sensitive?


Stock, it was slower than that -try 7.5 secs.

But mine wasn't even stock when I bought it. Neither one of 'em.
When comparing cars, you have to compare STOCK, that's the only fair way, obviously. As far as you not caring about the sound, I now understand where you are coming from. Hey, you should support Buick, they make really nice quiet cars for seniors, sounds perfect for you. Go pop an O'douls non-alcoholic, and marvel at the greatest Mustang ever built-yours!!!:thumbsup
reekostang is offline  
 
reekostang's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 91
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kscoyote
I could care less about the sound. I have a house with neighbors I don't care to wake up every morning at 6:00AM.
The phrase is actually "I COULD'NT care less." If you say "I could care less," that means that you care some amount. Most people with lower IQ's get that wrong, so don't feel too bad.

reekostang is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Where did you guys get your avatars? Chowder Head Fun Zone 93 10-01-2010 06:34 PM
Question to all you 5.0 windsor guys... 5.0L Tech 3 01-11-2002 10:47 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1