How Do You V6 Guys Take The Heat?!?! - Page 11 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reekostang
When comparing cars, you have to compare STOCK, that's the only fair way, obviously. As far as you not caring about the sound, I now understand where you are coming from. Hey, you should support Buick, they make really nice quiet cars for seniors, sounds perfect for you. Go pop an O'douls non-alcoholic, and marvel at the greatest Mustang ever built-yours!!!:thumbsup
If I had a choice between car that did 0-100-0 in 4 seconds was light on its feet, and sounded like a lawn mower, -or one that sounded like a harley, that was styled in yesterdays suit, and weighed a ton, guess which one I would pick?

I'd go Buell over Cruiser any day of the week. Ducati's are awesome.

Poseurs unite! Reekster needs you! Reekster is the Leisure-Suit Larry of AFM. Somebody get him an Si with a recording of v8 exhaust. He won't know the difference -it sounds good!

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
The phrase is actually "I COULD'NT care less." If you say "I could care less," that means that you care some amount. Most people with lower IQ's get that wrong, so don't feel too bad.
I could care less, but not much.

I couldn't care less about your fetish for shemales.

Compensatin' haters . . . my favorite!

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
The phrase is actually "I COULD'NT care less." If you say "I could care less," that means that you care some amount. Most people with lower IQ's get that wrong, so don't feel too bad.
People with higher IQ's generally don't get self-worth from an inanimate object.

SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

duplicate post. editied by yours truly

SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
When comparing cars, you have to compare STOCK, that's the only fair way, obviously. As far as you not caring about the sound, I now understand where you are coming from. Hey, you should support Buick, they make really nice quiet cars for seniors, sounds perfect for you. Go pop an O'douls non-alcoholic, and marvel at the greatest Mustang ever built-yours!!!:thumbsup
I can compare cars any way I choose.

There are a couple of Buicks I wouldn't mind having. GNX for one, a couple of GNs from the late 60s and early 70s . . .

O'Douels are great! Get the taste after a hot day at the lake, and not kill anybody on the way home.

So you're starting to learn, there, sonny-boy!

I built my car for a purpose -the 40,000 miles I drive every year. I get great gas mileage, cruise between 2000-2500 RPM, and have plenty of passing power without puttin a ton of money to my insurance co and Exxon-Mobile.

When I was young and without responsibilities and had a ton of cash, my priorities were different.

It's called growing up -you should try it sometime.

Apprentice

'210 hp from a 4 liter V6 is on the low side'

- That's actually not too bad... what really pisses me off is the fact that the GT is only getting 300 hp with a V8 while Nissan is pumping out 300 with their V6's alone.... That totally sucks.....if that's the case then 300 hp from a V8 is even more on the low side than it is for 210 hp from a V6 being on the low side.

Last edited by Wolfpac; 05-23-2006 at 04:14 PM. Reason: grammatical correction
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpac
'210 hp from a 4 liter V6 is on the low side'

- That's actually not too bad... what really pisses me off is the fact that the GT is only getting 300 hp with a V8 while Nissan is pumping out 300 with their V6's alone.... That totally sucks.....if that's the case then 300 hp from a V8 is even more on the low side than it is for 210 hp from a V6 being on the low side.
I agree with you on the low V8 power. I suppose that Nissan has many other cars that get higher gas mileage, while Ford has a lot of big trucks with lower gas mileage. So Nissan can tune to get the most out of their engine, while Ford has to be more conservative so their fleet does not exceed whatever those gov't mileage standards are. Too bad for us! Another gov't intrusion into our free market economy!

08 Roush 427R GT Torch Red Premium
Painted Side Mirror Covers
100% Roush synthetic oil
06 V6 Vert Premium w/Pony Package
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iplaydat
I agree with you on the low V8 power. I suppose that Nissan has many other cars that get higher gas mileage, while Ford has a lot of big trucks with lower gas mileage. So Nissan can tune to get the most out of their engine, while Ford has to be more conservative so their fleet does not exceed whatever those gov't mileage standards are. Too bad for us! Another gov't intrusion into our free market economy!
Not to mention those little I-4 Subarus and Mitsubishis . . . they're producing 300 hp . . .

Edit Flat/Boxer and I-4s

I'm being facetious - different physics . ..

Apprentice

'Not to mention those little I-4 Subarus and Mitsubishis . . . they're producing 300 hp . . .'

- Damn, 300 hp on a 4 cylinder? Damn! We're all getting ripped off!
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscoyote
People with higher IQ's generally don't get self-worth from an inanimate object.
That is the best comment in this entire thread! :thumbsup
post #161 of 526 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

what do you think of a ford conspiracy theory??..do you think they are just setting us up??..you can see by the options list for the 07's that they were holding stuff back..now comes the shelby..then they'll wait for the camaro's and challangers and come out with higher hp v8's...they knew we would grab all these cars up..now will we all start trading up in 08 and 09 for 350 hp models...i think these early/new designs are just teases..the muscle is yet to come..obviously the technology is there..they're holding it back on purpose to make the 08's and 09's more appealing..especially to those who's leases will expire then...hmmm....what do you think??

06 GT PREMIUM Manual, 18's, Hurst billet, Webelectric sequentials, painted 10" stripes, Cervini KR500 hood w/functional ram air kit, K&N air filter, Cervini side exhaust, chin spoiler, hood struts, rear ducktail, quarter panel scoops, and quarter window scoops, Midweat Auto Gear strut tower covers, 1/2 mirror covers, and fuel rail covers. Pioneer touch screeen head unit w/blue tooth, dvd & sirius.Also haves: 1969 Lemans & 1968 Firebird.
nghtrnnr

absolutely...they are holdin back but whereas a stock gt can run with the best of em and hold its own...a stock v6 cant...its really rather simple....not bein rude but just statin a fact...and i'm sorry kscoyote but 1750 even 15 years ago aint buyin ya a classic mustang any way ya slice it...at least not one that runs anyway...i dont wanna burst ya bubble old timer...(then again....i really do)
and besides the wrx....which of the cars you mentioned comes standard stock with 300hp anyway? what are you makin this **** up as you go? alzheimers sux dont it....maybe you shouldnt even be drivin anymore coyote....somebody get this fella a scooter!!

Like alot of V6ers I just could not afford $5,000 more at the time I bought my car, still can't with other bills to pay. If I had, surely I'd have gotten the GT, after all it's the top of the line stang. So I got the premium V6. It's my daily driver & I get passed by GTs from time to time but they only beat me to the next red light where I pull up right behind them. Don't mind being behind them cause I get to enjoy looking at their stang. Because of the timing of the lights and the short length between them it takes 40 min. to & from work. It would still take 40 min. with a GT. The only way to beat that is to run thru red lights & get tickets. So the horsepower doesn't play into it. I just enjoy the appearance & styling. I really love driving with the manual trans. That's what makes it fun & worth it for me.
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscoyote
Maybe not, but they sure get self satisfaction from entertaining themselves.

AFM Site Administrator
2006 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT Manual.
Alpine H/U with Infinity speakers.
Powerhouse CAI and Tune.
Previous Mustangs:
1978 2.8 L, 1979 5.0, 1982 5.0 "HO", 1986 5.0 GT

Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nghtrnnr
absolutely...they are holdin back but whereas a stock gt can run with the best of em and hold its own...a stock v6 cant...its really rather simple....not bein rude but just statin a fact...and i'm sorry kscoyote but 1750 even 15 years ago aint buyin ya a classic mustang any way ya slice it...at least not one that runs anyway...i dont wanna burst ya bubble old timer...(then again....i really do)
and besides the wrx....which of the cars you mentioned comes standard stock with 300hp anyway? what are you makin this **** up as you go? alzheimers sux dont it....maybe you shouldnt even be drivin anymore coyote....somebody get this fella a scooter!!
I can pick up a 68 with issues now for 2500, adjusting for inflation, it's even cheaper.

You don't know much about cars do you?

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...4&aff=national

1968 Ford Mustang
Description — $2,250, 1968 Mustang Coupe, AT, pwr steering, grn/grn, blk top, console, nds rest'd, $2,250 OBO. 816-918-3545

GET MORE DETAILS

Listing Date: May 23, 2006

Listing Source: Kansas City Star

Find Area Codes for Listings from Kansas City Star

Who said it ran well when I bought it?

Who cares how it runs, when you're gonna' modify it anyway? I put in a new engine, rebuilt the transmission, re-did the suspension, installed an aluminum driveshaft, and swapped the carb.

Stock, it was slower than the six I have now, so if you're gonna' talk about "American Muscle," get your facts straight, son.

The 99+ sixes are more muscular than the stock 289/302 * 390s of 1967/8 and every one from 1971-1986.

Remember:

1) It's not whatcha' got in the modified world, -It's whacha' DO with it. Any idiot can buy a fast car. Rodders make a slow car fast -for FUN.

2) The man makes the car, not vice versa.
It's not whacha' got, it's whatcha' DO with it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page