How Do You V6 Guys Take The Heat?!?! - Page 12 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTLM4LIFE
what do you think of a ford conspiracy theory??..do you think they are just setting us up??..you can see by the options list for the 07's that they were holding stuff back..now comes the shelby..then they'll wait for the camaro's and challangers and come out with higher hp v8's...they knew we would grab all these cars up..now will we all start trading up in 08 and 09 for 350 hp models...i think these early/new designs are just teases..the muscle is yet to come..obviously the technology is there..they're holding it back on purpose to make the 08's and 09's more appealing..especially to those who's leases will expire then...hmmm....what do you think??
It's not a conspiracy theory, it's the march of technology v.s. production line costs & profit margin.

They're not making the cars for YOUR benefit, they're selling cars to make a profit.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

'a stock gt can run with the best of em and hold its own'

- I could care less if it can hold it's own or not. The fact is a V8 is supposed to blow out V6's not compete or 'run with the best of them'. The fact that Ford made their V8's as WEAK as Infiniti's best V6 or even Subaru's or even Mitsubishi's 4 Cylinder pisses me off. Talk about getting short changed.

SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

What's really funny about the guys who are down on 6ers is the NEW GT can barely keep up with an 18 year old GNX v6 Buick, and a 17 year old v6 GMC Syclone.

Stock.

:kooky:

Just eggin' y'all on . . . .

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17

nghtrnnr

now ya bein silly wolfpac...or maybe you just arent gettin the point....ya lost ya way....none of us down the v6 in general....just the ford v6 stock is pretty weak...go talk to johnny and he'll show ya what to do with it...are there v6's that can smoke a gt? gasp...of course there are...for gods sake look at the porsche...but YOURS cant smoke much of anything..in stock form...but racin is a lifestyle anyway....if you got the car strictly for the look then cool for you...my plate says streetracer...the mustang gt is an awesome car...could be stronger sure but it damn sure gets the job done...and its too much fun to drive.....

i think i read a kscoyote quote that "its not whatcha got, its whatcha do with it" some dumb **** like that...his wife or his boyfriend probably tells him that to make him feel better in the sack when he trys to use his 4 inch wonder

the v6 mustang is a cool car...the v8 mustang is a awesome car
if you wanna save money...get the v6

its like pickin great adventure over disney world
nghtrnnr

maybe me and koyote can keep this thread goin till it beats the "always off topic gang"
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nghtrnnr
maybe me and koyote can keep this thread goin till it beats the "always off topic gang"
You only need about 1,697 more posts to go :walksmile

AFM Site Administrator
2006 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT Manual.
Alpine H/U with Infinity speakers.
Powerhouse CAI and Tune.
Previous Mustangs:
1978 2.8 L, 1979 5.0, 1982 5.0 "HO", 1986 5.0 GT

Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today
nghtrnnr

in that case....

99 BOTTLES OF BEER ON THE WALL!!!!!!!!
Apprentice

'now ya bein silly wolfpac...or maybe you just arent gettin the point....ya lost ya way....'

- No, I'm just pissed off that ford's V8 is just as weak as Infinit's bets V6..... I think I have a valid reason to be pissed off. The Mustang name is legendery and you're telling me it can only 'run' with the best and not blow the best out of the water? Ridiculous!

'none of us down the v6 in general....'

- I didn't say you were. I'm just pissed off that the V8 isn't stronger, that's all.

'just the ford v6 stock is pretty weak...'

- Yeah it is but I'd be more upset of the fact that there are 4 cylinders out there that can pump out as much hp as Ford's V8. That's insane!

'are there v6's that can smoke a gt? gasp...of course there are...for gods sake look at the porsche...but YOURS cant smoke much of anything..in stock form...'

- Yeah but your V8 can ONLY beat V6's. You can't smoke them. That's what pisses me off.... Ford creates a V8 that can ONLY compete with high end V6's, not smoke them.....

'but racin is a lifestyle anyway....if you got the car strictly for the look then cool for you...my plate says streetracer...the mustang gt is an awesome car...could be stronger sure but it damn sure gets the job done...and its too much fun to drive.....'

- Yeah it gets the job done.... barely.... but hey, if you can settle for barely then all the more power to you. If I had a V8 I'd want more, that's all. Hell, quite honestly I think it's good I got the V6. I'd be pissed if I bought the V8 and found out it can ONLY compete with a high end V6.

'some dumb **** like that...his wife or his boyfriend probably tells him that to make him feel better in the sack when he trys to use his 4 inch wonder'

- Dude, why are you getting so mad? You got your GT.... it's the car you like. So what if Infiniti's V6 is just as strong? It's your thing..... I'm just pissed because I expect more, that's all. If you're willing to settle for less that's your thing.... I just have higher expectations, that's all..... No need to get upset and start throwing insults at people. That's just being immature.....
post #174 of 526 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

i'm new to the ford game..but other then specialty vehicles(cobras/shelbys)..did the mustang ever stand on top of the stock production 1/4 mile world like the buick gn did in the mid 80's or the big block chevelles in the late 60's...it seems ford designs the gt to compete and give you a starting point..the rest is up to you...and it seems like that's the way we want it, cause we're all mod crazy or we wouldn't be on this site!

06 GT PREMIUM Manual, 18's, Hurst billet, Webelectric sequentials, painted 10" stripes, Cervini KR500 hood w/functional ram air kit, K&N air filter, Cervini side exhaust, chin spoiler, hood struts, rear ducktail, quarter panel scoops, and quarter window scoops, Midweat Auto Gear strut tower covers, 1/2 mirror covers, and fuel rail covers. Pioneer touch screeen head unit w/blue tooth, dvd & sirius.Also haves: 1969 Lemans & 1968 Firebird.
nghtrnnr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpac
'now ya bein silly wolfpac...or maybe you just arent gettin the point....ya lost ya way....'

- No, I'm just pissed off that ford's V8 is just as weak as Infinit's bets V6..... I think I have a valid reason to be pissed off. The Mustang name is legendery and you're telling me it can only 'run' with the best and not blow the best out of the water? Ridiculous!

'none of us down the v6 in general....'

- I didn't say you were. I'm just pissed off that the V8 isn't stronger, that's all.

'just the ford v6 stock is pretty weak...'

- Yeah it is but I'd be more upset of the fact that there are 4 cylinders out there that can pump out as much hp as Ford's V8. That's insane!

'are there v6's that can smoke a gt? gasp...of course there are...for gods sake look at the porsche...but YOURS cant smoke much of anything..in stock form...'

- Yeah but your V8 can ONLY beat V6's. You can't smoke them. That's what pisses me off.... Ford creates a V8 that can ONLY compete with high end V6's, not smoke them.....

'but racin is a lifestyle anyway....if you got the car strictly for the look then cool for you...my plate says streetracer...the mustang gt is an awesome car...could be stronger sure but it damn sure gets the job done...and its too much fun to drive.....'

- Yeah it gets the job done.... barely.... but hey, if you can settle for barely then all the more power to you. If I had a V8 I'd want more, that's all. Hell, quite honestly I think it's good I got the V6. I'd be pissed if I bought the V8 and found out it can ONLY compete with a high end V6.

'some dumb **** like that...his wife or his boyfriend probably tells him that to make him feel better in the sack when he trys to use his 4 inch wonder'

- Dude, why are you getting so mad? You got your GT.... it's the car you like. So what if Infiniti's V6 is just as strong? It's your thing..... I'm just pissed because I expect more, that's all. If you're willing to settle for less that's your thing.... I just have higher expectations, that's all..... No need to get upset and start throwing insults at people. That's just being immature.....

I dont know where to start on a post like this....where i'm from men dont fight battles for other men...kscoyote doesnt need you to protect him...hes a pretty down guy and he can handle his own...i'd raise a glass with him any day...get off his stick...where in the world do you get this whole..."mustang gt can only battle a high end v6 crap"...i already smoked infinity's high end 6...i smoked chargers hemi 8...i smoked bmw's 850 12 cylinder....go to kill stories...its what i do...i've been smoked by a viper...been smoked by a vette...got taken by a mazerati..but at least i can race them...this car lets me do that...so fine...now find me a stock 4 that can smoke me without a blower...cause i can mod my stang well above 500hp and still drive it to work...can you?
Apprentice

'I dont know where to start on a post like this....where i'm from men dont fight battles for other men...kscoyote doesnt need you to protect him...hes a pretty down guy and he can handle his own...i'd raise a glass with him any day...get off his stick...'

- Dude, I have no idea what you're talking about there.... I guess I'd probably come out with the gay jokes and insults too if I was immature and pissed.

'where in the world do you get this whole..."mustang gt can only battle a high end v6 crap"...

- Easy just do the math. Look at the engines. I'd be pissed if I had a V8 that only had the same amount of hp as a high end V6. But that's just me....

'i already smoked infinity's high end 6...i smoked chargers hemi 8...i smoked bmw's 850 12 cylinder....go to kill stories...its what i do'

- Big deal, I smoked a Corolla the other day. My point is you have a V8 that ONLY has 300 hp where and Infiniti ONLY has a V6 yet it has 300 hp.... if Ford can get only 300 hp out of their V8 just imagine how much Infiniti can get out of a V8 if they made one.

'i've been smoked by a viper...been smoked by a vette...got taken by a mazerati..but at least i can race them...this car lets me do that...so fine...'

- I can race them too . I'll just get smoked just like you so what's your point? Any car let's you do that but the question is, will you win? Besides this isn't even the point of the discussion. I'm just pissed that a Ford V8 ONLY has the numbers of an Infiniti V6.

'now find me a stock 4 that can smoke me without a blower...cause i can mod my stang well above 500hp and still drive it to work...can you?'

- Anybody can go out and mod. The point is you didn't mod and you owning a V8 shouldn't HAVE to mod just to get higher HP numbers than an Infiniti V6.
nghtrnnr

you really are in love with that infinity arent you? theres no talkin to a guy like you...and i get that you have no idea what i'm talkin about..at least the coyote is worth arguin with...so i guess i'll leave you to your dreams of one day owning that mighty infinity...good luck with that
4.6L Member

If ford had more hp in thier 8's then it would cost more to make it ,and that would mean more money it would cost us to buy them. Thats why the infiniti's cost just around the same.......Plus ford does make a bad a** v8..... its called the Ford GT.
Apprentice

'you really are in love with that infinity arent you?'

- Nope, just saying how pissed off I am about how a Ford V8 ONLY has as much power as an Infiniti V6.

'theres no talkin to a guy like you...'

- Funny I'm thinking the same thing about you. I guess if I was immature and petty I'd deny the numbers too.

'and i get that you have no idea what i'm talkin about..'

- Wow another good one. I guess I'd also break out the 'you have no idea what I'm talking about' argument too if I'm in denial of the fact that Ford's V8 engine for the GT is horrible when there is a V6 engine producing just about the same numbers.

'at least the coyote is worth arguin with...'

- Yeah I'd think somebody is worth arguing with too.... But only if I was immature enough to insult him by calling him names while he in return has the maturity to not insult me and call me names. I guess that's how you percieve yourself as winning this discussion, huh?

'so i guess i'll leave you to your dreams of one day owning that mighty infinity...good luck with that'

- Thanks, but only if Ford doesn't come out with a V8 that produces significantly higher numbers than Infiniti's V6.
nghtrnnr

pssst...hey stang brothers...theres a jap car lovin ricer in here posin as a mustang guy...calls himself ballsac or somethin like that..anyway...he challenged me to do math regardin his beloved g35 and our awesome mustang gt...so here goes

g35 298hp at 6400rpm
stang gt 300hp at 5750rpm
hmmmm...looks like we're reachin a higher top hp faster...whatever could that mean off the line ?

g35 260 torque at 4,800rpm
stang gt 320 torque at 4,500rpm
eeep...more power to the ground too at a quicker rate...

g35 starting at $33,800 for less power
stang gt starting at $25,870 for more power

hmmmmmmmm....happy rice to you

ps if ya gonna worship a 6 like that loser...at least accept no substitute...worship a 911 porche

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page