How Do You V6 Guys Take The Heat?!?! - Page 13 - Ford Mustang Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member
 
kscoyote's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Topeka
Posts: 11,432
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nghtrnnr
now ya bein silly wolfpac...or maybe you just arent gettin the point....ya lost ya way....none of us down the v6 in general....just the ford v6 stock is pretty weak...go talk to johnny and he'll show ya what to do with it...are there v6's that can smoke a gt? gasp...of course there are...for gods sake look at the porsche...but YOURS cant smoke much of anything..in stock form...but racin is a lifestyle anyway....if you got the car strictly for the look then cool for you...my plate says streetracer...the mustang gt is an awesome car...could be stronger sure but it damn sure gets the job done...and its too much fun to drive.....

i think i read a kscoyote quote that "its not whatcha got, its whatcha do with it" some dumb **** like that...his wife or his boyfriend probably tells him that to make him feel better in the sack when he trys to use his 4 inch wonder


the v6 mustang is a cool car...the v8 mustang is a awesome car
if you wanna save money...get the v6

its like pickin great adventure over disney world
I'd rather have the great adventure, than having an adventure created for me -complete with lines of everyone else having the same "adventure."

************************************

Aren't YOU the one who digs shemales with balls? Why are you suddenly concerned with the size of my package? Do you think about that often? No that there's anything wrong with that . . .

:thumbsup

I don't equate manhood with the car one drives -perhaps it's because my package is the least of my worries. Nor am I concerned with anyone else's car, -except people driving foreign cars with love America stickers . ..


Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
kscoyote is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member
 
kscoyote's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Topeka
Posts: 11,432
 
http://budgetperformance.com/articles/gnx/

Buick looked back to their massive torque-monger from 1970, the Buick GSX Stage I, as an inspiration for their special project--only this time, they would do it with a turbocharged V6, instead of the monster bigblock 455 featured in the GSX.
Buick called in ASC/McLaren (who had previously worked with Buick on their Wildcat Concept Car as well as their V6-powered Indy cars) to aid in the tuning of the engine, who modified the original 3.8 turbo by bolting on a Garrett T-3 Ceramic Turbine-wheel Turbocharger, as well as an advanced design high efficiency intercooler and new PROM Computer for best engine tuning. This boosted the little V6 to an advertised 276 horsepower, which was actually over 300 horsepower, with an impressive 380 ft lbs at a low 2600 RPM (some performance magazines have claimed dyno runs with torque as high as 420 ft lbs). The engine ran with a relatively low 8.4:1 compression ratio to deal with the extreme boost, flowing through a standard free-flow dual exhaust.
. . .
All of these extra performance goodies rocketed this 3500 lb. black stallion to times in the high 12 second range, with a 0-60 time of about 5 seconds flat (Car and Driver even claimed to run a 4.7 0-60!). Despite the turbocharger, the 3.8 V6's ability to produce that high torque at such a low RPM made it very easy to melt off those 255 50VR-16 Goodyear Eagle VR Gatorbacks (mounted on 16 inch aluminum alloy wheels). The styling cues from the Grand National remained essentially the same, with full analog instrumentation featuring tachometer, speedometer, turbo-boost, coolant temperature, oil pressure and fuel level guages by Stewart Warner.

...

Specifications Dimensions
Wheelbase 108.1"
Curb Weight approx 3500 lbs
Tires P255 50R15
Weight Distribution (Front/Rear) 55 / 45
Powerplant Sequential Port Fuel Injected 3.8 litre (231 cid) V6
Compression Ratio 8.4:1
Blower Garret T-3 w/air-to-air intercooler
Transmission Automatic 4 Speed Turbo Hydromatic
Final Gear Ratio 3.42:1
Power Output 300 hp @ 4400 RPM, 380 ft lbs torque @ 2600 RPM
Top Speed (est.) 142 mph
0-60 mph 5.4 seconds
1/4 mile 13.43 seconds @ 104 mph (Car and Driver, many have gone much quicker)
***********************************************

the G35 AND the Mustang are pretty much playing catch up with this 20 year old car . ..


Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
kscoyote is offline  
nghtrnnr
Guest
 
nghtrnnr's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by kscoyote
Does she reek?


:thumbsup


If she's got balls, I reckon reekostang's in love -he always went for the shemales . . . .
you went into the homo insults first laddie
 
nghtrnnr
Guest
 
nghtrnnr's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by kscoyote
http://budgetperformance.com/articles/gnx/

Buick looked back to their massive torque-monger from 1970, the Buick GSX Stage I, as an inspiration for their special project--only this time, they would do it with a turbocharged V6, instead of the monster bigblock 455 featured in the GSX.
Buick called in ASC/McLaren (who had previously worked with Buick on their Wildcat Concept Car as well as their V6-powered Indy cars) to aid in the tuning of the engine, who modified the original 3.8 turbo by bolting on a Garrett T-3 Ceramic Turbine-wheel Turbocharger, as well as an advanced design high efficiency intercooler and new PROM Computer for best engine tuning. This boosted the little V6 to an advertised 276 horsepower, which was actually over 300 horsepower, with an impressive 380 ft lbs at a low 2600 RPM (some performance magazines have claimed dyno runs with torque as high as 420 ft lbs). The engine ran with a relatively low 8.4:1 compression ratio to deal with the extreme boost, flowing through a standard free-flow dual exhaust.
. . .
All of these extra performance goodies rocketed this 3500 lb. black stallion to times in the high 12 second range, with a 0-60 time of about 5 seconds flat (Car and Driver even claimed to run a 4.7 0-60!). Despite the turbocharger, the 3.8 V6's ability to produce that high torque at such a low RPM made it very easy to melt off those 255 50VR-16 Goodyear Eagle VR Gatorbacks (mounted on 16 inch aluminum alloy wheels). The styling cues from the Grand National remained essentially the same, with full analog instrumentation featuring tachometer, speedometer, turbo-boost, coolant temperature, oil pressure and fuel level guages by Stewart Warner.

...

Specifications Dimensions
Wheelbase 108.1"
Curb Weight approx 3500 lbs
Tires P255 50R15
Weight Distribution (Front/Rear) 55 / 45
Powerplant Sequential Port Fuel Injected 3.8 litre (231 cid) V6
Compression Ratio 8.4:1
Blower Garret T-3 w/air-to-air intercooler
Transmission Automatic 4 Speed Turbo Hydromatic
Final Gear Ratio 3.42:1
Power Output 300 hp @ 4400 RPM, 380 ft lbs torque @ 2600 RPM
Top Speed (est.) 142 mph
0-60 mph 5.4 seconds
1/4 mile 13.43 seconds @ 104 mph (Car and Driver, many have gone much quicker)
***********************************************

the G35 AND the Mustang are pretty much playing catch up with this 20 year old car . ..

thats all good but compare that 1970 high end buick to the mustang v8 of its day...the 429cid 4v v8 boss mustang of 1970 that rocked ya buick with 375hp....we're in 2006 now pal...any buicks of today you wanna throw at us?
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member
 
kscoyote's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Topeka
Posts: 11,432
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by reekostang
Thumbs up to your wife!!! She's got bigger balls than the average coyote, that's for sure!!!!!
Reekster sets, coyote steals and scores!

********************************

Hey man, I never said there was anything wrong with that.



Your gender is your business!

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
kscoyote is offline  
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member
 
kscoyote's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Topeka
Posts: 11,432
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nghtrnnr
thats all good but compare that 1970 high end buick to the mustang v8 of its day...the 429cid 4v v8 boss mustang of 1970 that rocked ya buick with 375hp....we're in 2006 now pal...any buicks of today you wanna throw at us?
I thought we were talking 6s vs 8s?

You're all over the map, man.

*********************************************

You brought Buick into it.

*************************************8

How many of those Boss 429s sold?

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
kscoyote is offline  
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member
 
kscoyote's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Topeka
Posts: 11,432
 
http://www.buickforums.com/2007-buic...ional-gnx.html

2007 Buick Regal Grand National GNX
General Information
Price: $38,500
Miles Per Gallon: 17/25 mpg
Curb Weight: 3698 lbs
Layout: Front-Engine/AWD
Transmission: 6-Speed Manual

Engine
Type: DOHC V6
Displacement: 3600 cc
Horsepower: 450 bhp @ 5200 rpm
Torque: 465 lb-ft @ 4000 rpm
Redline: 6500 rpm

Performance
0-60 mph: 4.2 sec
0-100 mph: 10.2 sec
Quarter Mile: 12.8 sec @ 112.5 mph
Skidpad: .96g
Top Speed: 179 mph
Braking, 60-0 mph: 115 ft
Slalom Speed: 66.4 mph

Production of the 2007 Buick GNX will begin in September 2006 at Holden's award-winning Elizabeth plant in Australia using the latest techniques to ensure both measurable and "perceived" quality. Projected annual production will be 18,000 vehicles.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
kscoyote is offline  
nghtrnnr
Guest
 
nghtrnnr's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by kscoyote
I thought we were talking 6s vs 8s?

You're all over the map, man.

*********************************************

You brought Buick into it.

*************************************8

How many of those Boss 429s sold?
i'm all over the map? didnt you just throw a 1970 buick 6 at me.?...i threw a 1970 mustang 8 back at ya...6's and 8's...right?
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member
 
kscoyote's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Topeka
Posts: 11,432
 
The Aussies get all the fun . .. .

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
kscoyote is offline  
nghtrnnr
Guest
 
nghtrnnr's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by kscoyote
http://www.buickforums.com/2007-buic...ional-gnx.html

2007 Buick Regal Grand National GNX
General Information
Price: $38,500
Miles Per Gallon: 17/25 mpg
Curb Weight: 3698 lbs
Layout: Front-Engine/AWD
Transmission: 6-Speed Manual

Engine
Type: DOHC V6
Displacement: 3600 cc
Horsepower: 450 bhp @ 5200 rpm
Torque: 465 lb-ft @ 4000 rpm
Redline: 6500 rpm

Performance
0-60 mph: 4.2 sec
0-100 mph: 10.2 sec
Quarter Mile: 12.8 sec @ 112.5 mph
Skidpad: .96g
Top Speed: 179 mph
Braking, 60-0 mph: 115 ft
Slalom Speed: 66.4 mph

Production of the 2007 Buick GNX will begin in September 2006 at Holden's award-winning Elizabeth plant in Australia using the latest techniques to ensure both measurable and "perceived" quality. Projected annual production will be 18,000 vehicles.

okay....throwin a pre production car at me eh?...i see your pitch and smack it back with 2 words "2007 shelby" 6's and 8's right?
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member
 
kscoyote's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Topeka
Posts: 11,432
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nghtrnnr
i'm all over the map? didnt you just throw a 1970 buick 6 at me.?...i threw a 1970 mustang 8 back at ya...6's and 8's...right?
you told me to stick to buicks, so I named a couple of buicks an old fart like me wouldn't mind having -one of which is a pre-historic (to you) GNX -a 6 cylinder mind you -that outperforms your GT.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
kscoyote is offline  
S197 Member
 
Blk06GT's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 58
 
Just my 2 cents but for 38k i dont want a car that looks like a bloated cavalier..For that price i'd look for a 1-2 year old vette or terminator. Just my opinion though.
Blk06GT is offline  
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member
 
kscoyote's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Topeka
Posts: 11,432
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nghtrnnr
okay....throwin a pre production car at me eh?...i see your pitch and smack it back with 2 words "2007 shelby" 6's and 8's right?

Isn't Shelby a pre-production car right now?


:thumbsup

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
kscoyote is offline  
nghtrnnr
Guest
 
nghtrnnr's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by kscoyote
you told me to stick to buicks, so I named a couple of buicks an old fart like me wouldn't mind having -one of which is a pre-historic (to you) GNX -a 6 cylinder mind you -that outperforms your GT.
i said stick to buicks?
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member
 
kscoyote's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Topeka
Posts: 11,432
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk06GT
Just my 2 cents but for 38k i dont want a car that looks like a bloated cavalier..For that price i'd look for a 1-2 year old vette or terminator. Just my opinion though.
I'm jerkin' his chain, since he seems to like attacking 6ers.

Never could stand bullies. It's how I became a 'Stanger, anyway.


Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
kscoyote is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Where did you guys get your avatars? Chowder Head Fun Zone 93 10-01-2010 06:34 PM
Question to all you 5.0 windsor guys... 5.0L Tech 3 01-11-2002 10:47 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1