How Do You V6 Guys Take The Heat?!?! - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTLM4LIFE
..i was impressed..then i walked to the front and saw the v6 front end..oh well, nice v6...
you know... I like the front of the 06 pony package better than the GT front. I wonder if it's an easy swap out.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via MSN to Hoodlum
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlack
GTs run only on regular unleaded, from the factory.

$2.71 a gallon baby
I know this...

but my buddy has a 91 maro... only premium and he wants a 97-98 cobra only premium and most other high performance cars like 300 plus hp use higher octane gas than good old 87

'Cause I'm Rick James, Biatch!

Quote:
.."why didn't you get a gt?"
Well, I felt lucky to be getting a new car at all, and then I felt really lucky to be getting a Mustang at all, then I felt lucky to be spending less on gas and insurance, and less on the sticker price of the car, and I felt lucky to be getting mine in 4 weeks vs. 12 for the GT.

Of course, if I DID get the GT (and to be honest, sometimes I wish I had), I'd feel lucky to get that lighter alum engine, the extra two cylinders, the extra sway bar, the extra muffler, the better rims, the better tires, the better tranny (manual)...

Either way I'm happy. I was driving a '92 Saturn, and this is my first Mustang in many years. The six has wet my appetite for the GT and my next vehicle purchase will likely be a GT.

Purchasing the V6 has left room in our relationship (mine and Ford's) for more excitement in the future.

post #19 of 526 (permalink) Old 05-07-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

nonsenz...you probably like the grill on the pony package...i like the smaller lights , too...webelectric makes a snap on chrome grill insert that can get you a little of that look.

06 GT PREMIUM Manual, 18's, Hurst billet, Webelectric sequentials, painted 10" stripes, Cervini KR500 hood w/functional ram air kit, K&N air filter, Cervini side exhaust, chin spoiler, hood struts, rear ducktail, quarter panel scoops, and quarter window scoops, Midweat Auto Gear strut tower covers, 1/2 mirror covers, and fuel rail covers. Pioneer touch screeen head unit w/blue tooth, dvd & sirius.Also haves: 1969 Lemans & 1968 Firebird.
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

When its comes to Ford and their V-6 technology they have made dependability a key factor in what most noodles don't understand.Our first v-6 car was an English built 71'Ford Capri my dad bought in England and it lasted 210,000 miles.He drove it until 1983 and sold it to a neighbor.most v-6's don't have big hp figures but they are built for the long haul.

98'GT Rio Red
Loaded opts. from the factory
S197 Member

Poco, I dont know if you knew that the 4.6 engines are also pretty durable. They use them in the towncar limos and the crown vics police packages. I have a friend who has a repair shop and he buys 4.6's to swap out on those cars after they get 250K on them. He says limos are common to get about 250K or more. I know fords new V6 engines in their Fusions are making more horses than the 4.0 motor in the stang. I think that v6 in the fusion is more like the mazda v6 they are putting in those cars. Maybe the V6 stang will get that engine in the future.
V6 Member
S197 Member

I pretty much look at it this way. I don't need to justify why I bought what I bought to anyone but myself and my wife.

If I had friends that asked that kind of crap well they wouldn't be friends for much longer.
Apprentice
Classic Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member

Thumbs down Enough Said ???

Quote:
just left my weekly texas holdem game..today when i pulled up to the host's house (on my bike, it was 70 tonight) there was a white stang out front. it had the minivan wheels, side body and window louvers, dual exaust, no fender emblems and shelby stripes..i was impressed..then i walked to the front and saw the v6 front end..oh well, nice v6...as i sat down to begin the game (corona in hand, cinco de mio) i shouted out' "who owns the mustang out front?"...what began next i had no control over and never fronted i owned a gt...the cat calls started right away from the minivan guys ripping this kid "oh that 4 banger is his".."if you saved the $$ from all your mods, you could afford an 8"..this from a guy who owns a honda element(toaster on wheels)..the kid had no response...no disrespect, but i just want to know how you v6 guys handle the "oh its a only a 6 cylinder".."its not a gt?".."why didn't you get a gt?"

$28200 2005 GT Legend Lime 4/2005 (Got layed off)
$28200 2006 GT Legend Lime 6/2005
$+3100 Tax & License
$+2300 Dealer Markup (Told them to drop dead)
$33600 Total

$24200 2006 V6 Pony Package 12/2006
$ -1700 Dealer Discount
$22500 Price
$+2500 Tax & License
$25000 Total :thumbsup

$8600 Savings (Christmas Present)

ENOUGH SAID ???

1964.5 Coupe V8, 1965 GT Coupe V8, 1979 5.0 Fastback & Sweet V6
S197 Member

Quote:
nonsenz...you probably like the grill on the pony package...i like the smaller lights , too...webelectric makes a snap on chrome grill insert that can get you a little of that look.
yes, the grill plus the smaller lights. Plus it would be kinda cool to blow by people that think I have a v6 :kooky:
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sincitystang
Poco, I dont know if you knew that the 4.6 engines are also pretty durable. They use them in the towncar limos and the crown vics police packages. I have a friend who has a repair shop and he buys 4.6's to swap out on those cars after they get 250K on them. He says limos are common to get about 250K or more. I know fords new V6 engines in their Fusions are making more horses than the 4.0 motor in the stang. I think that v6 in the fusion is more like the mazda v6 they are putting in those cars. Maybe the V6 stang will get that engine in the future.
Yeah I totally agree with the 4.6 durability.They are a sweet design.Evertime I see a 4.6 they never have the same heads,there is always something better or just regular 2 valve heads.its mind blowing to see a 281 cubic inch motor with unlmited potential.I think no matter which engine you get v-6 or v-8 its nice having the best of both worlds.Now if I could just talk my wife into a new Fusion I could have both.

98'GT Rio Red
Loaded opts. from the factory
nghtrnnr

Quote:
Originally Posted by snogoldi
$28200 2005 GT Legend Lime 4/2005 (Got layed off)
$28200 2006 GT Legend Lime 6/2005
$+3100 Tax & License
$+2300 Dealer Markup (Told them to drop dead)
$33600 Total

$24200 2006 V6 Pony Package 12/2006
$ -1700 Dealer Discount
$22500 Price
$+2500 Tax & License
$25000 Total :thumbsup

$8600 Savings (Christmas Present)

ENOUGH SAID ???

25000=
33600=:kooky: :kooky: :kooky: :kooky: :kooky: :kooky:

heh heh i had to put that out there.
PONY Member
S197 Member

what's a vee six
just kiddin

White GT500 Vert / Blue Stripes- I'm waiting.....

By explaining multiple times, in a slow manner of speech, that I am a high school junior, am lucky to even have a 6, and while I have 2k worth of mods on there, it still isn't close to what a GT would have cost. My parents were willing to pay $15k on a car for me. I had to pay $8000 of the car originally, I couldn't have put up another 10 for the GT. And, by the time I'm done modding the car, it'll still be less expensive than a stock GT, and look the way I want it to.

Besides, even if I had the money, the ford dealership near us wouldn't have sold me a GT. Not because of availability issues, but because the saleswoman I bought the car from was firmly against giving a 300hp car to a 16 year old. I can respect that. Even after a year driving this car, I still make careless errors. I'm a better driver than most of my peers, and I'd be scared if they were running around in cars that fast.

Besides, since I am around highschoolers, I can usually just point out, "It's better than the POS you drive."
post #29 of 526 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

thanx nightrunner..r u kiddin me snogoldi.. when it comes down to this argument, u get what u pay 4..of course a gt cost more than a v6!...but why would you buy a v6 and dump tons of cash into it to make it look and sound like a gt??..i know some of you have financial constraints..but don't u guys with the stripes, louvers, dual exhaust, short throw shiftin v6ers even try to front in this forum..all us gter's know it's just penis envy..face it, ours is just bigger than yours..you can give me all the "size don't matter" crap..but it just gets you..and your tired of hearing it already..that is the point of this thread..how do you take the abuse!?!?

06 GT PREMIUM Manual, 18's, Hurst billet, Webelectric sequentials, painted 10" stripes, Cervini KR500 hood w/functional ram air kit, K&N air filter, Cervini side exhaust, chin spoiler, hood struts, rear ducktail, quarter panel scoops, and quarter window scoops, Midweat Auto Gear strut tower covers, 1/2 mirror covers, and fuel rail covers. Pioneer touch screeen head unit w/blue tooth, dvd & sirius.Also haves: 1969 Lemans & 1968 Firebird.
S197 Member

I have never got one single "Why didn't you ....." and I have a V6. Just "what a pretty, nice looking, you can give it to me" type comments. There's always going to be people who think you should have and if you notice they usually couldn't themselves.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page