How Do You V6 Guys Take The Heat?!?! - Page 20 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
nghtrnnr

whats the point?...we all know we can beat the g35 with a mustang gt engine...the g35 has got 298hp from a high flow tunable inducted v6 engine...it is what it is...the mustang makes its 300hp from its own naturally aspirated v8 engine...no high air flow pumping it up................................................ ....yet...so like i keep trying to get across to them...the ford engine is sooooo much better in the gt...cause most of us havent even begun to climb the power tree with our engine and we can still show our tail lights to that pumped up 350z that they call a g35...and its about as good as it can get...us mustang gt boys are nowhere near as good as we can get...the g35 isnt even a remotely good example of a powerful kick ass v6 engine...i'd be talking about a m3 or a 911 if i wanted to praise a 6...but thats not the point anyway...if anything...it underscores how weak the ford stock v6 is like blk06gt said...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nghtrnnr
whats the point?...we all know we can beat the g35 with a mustang gt engine...the g35 has got 298hp from a high flow tunable inducted v6 engine...it is what it is...the mustang makes its 300hp from its own naturally aspirated v8 engine...no high air flow pumping it up................................................ ....yet...so like i keep trying to get across to them...the ford engine is sooooo much better in the gt...cause most of us havent even begun to climb the power tree with our engine and we can still show our tail lights to that pumped up 350z that they call a g35...and its about as good as it can get...us mustang gt boys are nowhere near as good as we can get...the g35 isnt even a remotely good example of a powerful kick ass v6 engine...i'd be talking about a m3 or a 911 if i wanted to praise a 6...but thats not the point anyway...if anything...it underscores how weak the ford stock v6 is like blk06gt said...
Why don't you talk about the 4.5L that puts out 335hp?

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
nghtrnnr

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscoyote
Why don't you talk about the 4.5L that puts out 335hp?
i dont know what ya mean....4.5l what? which car are you pointing to?

Apprentice

'whats the point?...'

- Holy ****. read my previous post again.

'we all know we can beat the g35 with a mustang gt engine...'

- That was never my point.

'the g35 has got 298hp from a high flow tunable inducted v6 engine...'

- 298 is still 298 just like 300 is still 300. 298 in a V6 to a 300 V8 has always been my point. That's what pisses me off. I don't care how the G35 does it the fact is the stock V8 is still as weak as the stock G35 V6 at this point.

'it is what it is...'

- Exactly, that's my point.

'the mustang makes its 300hp from its own naturally aspirated v8 engine...no high air flow pumping it up'

- I don't care where the V6 get's its power from. The fact is it's still there and because it's there the STOCK V8 is as weak as the STOCK G35 V6.

'so like i keep trying to get across to them...'

- Apples to oranges. Mods and stock are totally different. Anybody can go out and mod. You're the one that said that when comparing we have to look at stock. So that's what I did. Remember, you're the one that refuted my argument first without fully comprehending the point I was trying to make. That's your own fault right there.

'the ford engine is sooooo much better in the gt...cause most of us havent even begun to climb the power tree with our engine'

- Point has always been that you shouldn't have to mod a Ford V8 STOCK engine just to pump out HP significantly more hp than a G35 Coupe V6 STOCK. Like you said yourself, only compare stock. Well I did and the stock GT V8 is as weak as a stock G35 V6. If you want to count mods then I can easily mod my V6.

'and we can still show our tail lights to that pumped up 350z that they call a g35...'

- That was never my point. If you still don't get it I say you should re read my posts.

'and its about as good as it can get...'

- We're keeping it at stock. You brought it up first so I'm reinforcing it for you.

'us mustang gt boys are nowhere near as good as we can get...'

- Again, you're missing the point.... Anybody can go out and mod. If you want to throw in mods then I say I can throw in mods for the V6. Either way, one of your arguments is wrong.

'the g35 isnt even a remotely good example of a powerful kick ass v6 engine...i'd be talking about a m3 or a 911 if i wanted to praise a 6...'

- Hey, you brought it up... I just didn't want to make the V8 look that BAD.

'but thats not the point anyway...if anything...it underscores how weak the ford stock v6 is like blk06gt said...'

- Yes, I agree the V6 Mustang is weak but I think the stock GT V8 being as WEAK as a stock G35 V6 is a lot worse.
GT Member
S197 Member

Good lord isn't this dead yet???? like beating a dead horse...................oops!

'06---GT Deluxe 'Casper" IUP, shaker 500, auto, 17" bullitts, white/light graphite

retro '69 351 hood an scoop

"Hello America, you sick twisted freaks"
S197 Member

I'm actually quite happy with my V8. I think it's a real testament to the V6's out there developed enough to put out similar hp numbers as our V8. But for arguments sake i will say that the V6 in comparision to these high powered V6's and 4 bangers is kinda weak and i would be more disapointed with that. Although as a former v6 owner i was extremely pleased with my vehicle.
Apprentice

'I'm actually quite happy with my V8. I think it's a real testament to the V6's out there developed enough to put out similar hp numbers as our V8.'

- Hey if you're happy with it then that's your thing. I can respect that but that's you..... I expect more.

'But for arguments sake i will say that the V6 in comparision to these high powered V6's and 4 bangers is kinda weak and i would be more disapointed with that.'

- Hey, like I said: That's your thing...... I, on the other hand am more disappointed that a stock GT V8 is about as weak as a Stock G35 V6 and if you think about it, a stock Evolution 4 Cylinder is only about 20-25 HP less..... Wait... now that I'm thinking about it.... It's pissing me off even more now!

'Although as a former v6 owner i was extremely pleased with my vehicle.'

- Hey, I'm extremely pleased my V6! Looks like we have something in common.....
GT Member
S197 Member

Well just buy the rice-a-roni then and have a car that looks like all of the other rice out there, I mean come on from 50-100 feet you can't tell one frome the other.......

'06---GT Deluxe 'Casper" IUP, shaker 500, auto, 17" bullitts, white/light graphite

retro '69 351 hood an scoop

"Hello America, you sick twisted freaks"
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpac
'I'm actually quite happy with my V8. I think it's a real testament to the V6's out there developed enough to put out similar hp numbers as our V8.'

- Hey if you're happy with it then that's your thing. I can respect that but that's you..... I expect more.

'But for arguments sake i will say that the V6 in comparision to these high powered V6's and 4 bangers is kinda weak and i would be more disapointed with that.'

- Hey, like I said: That's your thing...... I, on the other hand am more disappointed that a stock GT V8 is about as weak as a Stock G35 V6 and if you think about it, a stock Evolution 4 Cylinder is only about 20-25 HP less..... Wait... now that I'm thinking about it.... It's pissing me off even more now!

'Although as a former v6 owner i was extremely pleased with my vehicle.'

- Hey, I'm extremely pleased my V6! Looks like we have something in common.....
Yep we essentially see different sides of the same situation. Although 1 point of your opinion i do disagree with 100% the G35 is not as powerfull as the gt..All the hp readins are is how the fast the car can potentially go with a few other variables..Torque will account much more for how fast .So to say the G35's engine is as powerful is a huge over statement.
Apprentice

'Well just buy the rice-a-roni then and have a car that looks like all of the other rice out there, I mean come on from 50-100 feet you can't tell one frome the other.......'

- Dude, you're missing my point. I made it clear that I lovve the Mustang and I love my V6 straight from the beginning.... I'm just not happy with the V8 compared to a G35 V6... that's all.....

'Yep we essentially see different sides of the same situation. Although 1 point of your opinion i do disagree with 100% the G35 is not as powerfull as the gt..All the hp readins are is how the fast the car can potentially go with a few other variables..Torque will account much more for how fast .So to say the G35's engine is as powerful is a huge over statement.'

- Wait... I thought we were talking about HP. Ok.... If you want to talk about torque than I don't see why people are crying about the V6. The torque on the V6 is very comparable if not higher than a lot of V6's out there. Sure it's low on HP, but like I said before, I'm more pissed that a stock GT V8 is about as weak as a stock G35 V6 in terms of HP.
S197 Member

Quote:
'Well just buy the rice-a-roni then and have a car that looks like all of the other rice out there, I mean come on from 50-100 feet you can't tell one frome the other.......'

- Dude, you're missing my point. I made it clear that I lovve the Mustang and I love my V6 straight from the beginning.... I'm just not happy with the V8 compared to a G35 V6... that's all.....

'Yep we essentially see different sides of the same situation. Although 1 point of your opinion i do disagree with 100% the G35 is not as powerfull as the gt..All the hp readins are is how the fast the car can potentially go with a few other variables..Torque will account much more for how fast .So to say the G35's engine is as powerful is a huge over statement.'

- Wait... I thought we were talking about HP. Ok.... If you want to talk about torque than I don't see why people are crying about the V6. The torque on the V6 is very comparable if not higher than a lot of V6's out there. Sure it's low on HP, but like I said before, I'm more pissed that a stock GT V8 is about as weak as a stock G35 V6 in terms of HP.
I'm pretty new to this conversation so i have no idea what the origional arguements were. I'm simply comparing the 2 engines, and its hard to compare them effectively solely on hp since torque plays a huge factor in a engines overall power/performance. I'm not pissed that the G35/porshe/NSX/350Z or any other V6 or 4 banger that has been engineered to the point that it can produce similar HP numbers. It doesnt look bad on our V8's at all it's simply a testament to how far these manufacturors can push their vehicles. And how much farther we, if we so choose to, can push or V8's Ford simply doesnt need to push our engines that hard out of the factory to reach acceptible power plant numbers. So i really dont see to much of a correlation between comparing a highly engineered V6 vehicle to our moderately engineered V8's .. However i do see much more a connection between the V6 mustang, that would be much more of a direct comparison. Even then there are quite a few variables to consider. If ford made a more powerful 6 they would have to make a more powerful 8 thus raising the price of our cars. I'm quite sure ford could tack on another 6-8 k for a v6 and have the same power out put and luxury of a G35. I can say for me personally given the choice of a 300 HP 6 or 8 cylinder i'd choose the 8 it just sounds better and has more potential.
Apprentice

Hey you see it your way, I see it mine.... To me stock is stock... That's what we have been talking about since the beginning. Like I, along with many other people have said.... If Ford wanted to they can tune their V6's to perform like a G35 Coupe but they didn't. That's what people are bitching about. Anybody can go out and mod but we're talking stock to stock and to me, stock GT V8 is very disappointing to the stock G35 coupe V6.
nghtrnnr

Quote:
'whats the point?...'

- Holy ****. read my previous post again.

'we all know we can beat the g35 with a mustang gt engine...'

- That was never my point.

'the g35 has got 298hp from a high flow tunable inducted v6 engine...'

- 298 is still 298 just like 300 is still 300. 298 in a V6 to a 300 V8 has always been my point. That's what pisses me off. I don't care how the G35 does it the fact is the stock V8 is still as weak as the stock G35 V6 at this point.

'it is what it is...'

- Exactly, that's my point.

'the mustang makes its 300hp from its own naturally aspirated v8 engine...no high air flow pumping it up'

- I don't care where the V6 get's its power from. The fact is it's still there and because it's there the STOCK V8 is as weak as the STOCK G35 V6.

'so like i keep trying to get across to them...'

- Apples to oranges. Mods and stock are totally different. Anybody can go out and mod. You're the one that said that when comparing we have to look at stock. So that's what I did. Remember, you're the one that refuted my argument first without fully comprehending the point I was trying to make. That's your own fault right there.

'the ford engine is sooooo much better in the gt...cause most of us havent even begun to climb the power tree with our engine'

- Point has always been that you shouldn't have to mod a Ford V8 STOCK engine just to pump out HP significantly more hp than a G35 Coupe V6 STOCK. Like you said yourself, only compare stock. Well I did and the stock GT V8 is as weak as a stock G35 V6. If you want to count mods then I can easily mod my V6.

'and we can still show our tail lights to that pumped up 350z that they call a g35...'

- That was never my point. If you still don't get it I say you should re read my posts.

'and its about as good as it can get...'

- We're keeping it at stock. You brought it up first so I'm reinforcing it for you.

'us mustang gt boys are nowhere near as good as we can get...'

- Again, you're missing the point.... Anybody can go out and mod. If you want to throw in mods then I say I can throw in mods for the V6. Either way, one of your arguments is wrong.

'the g35 isnt even a remotely good example of a powerful kick ass v6 engine...i'd be talking about a m3 or a 911 if i wanted to praise a 6...'

- Hey, you brought it up... I just didn't want to make the V8 look that BAD.

'but thats not the point anyway...if anything...it underscores how weak the ford stock v6 is like blk06gt said...'

- Yes, I agree the V6 Mustang is weak but I think the stock GT V8 being as WEAK as a stock G35 V6 is a lot worse.
see that quote button down to the right? it makes it alot easier...and fyi ...you keep saying i was missing your point...nah...i was actually making my own....
nghtrnnr

Quote:
Originally Posted by nghtrnnr
pssst...hey stang brothers...theres a jap car lovin ricer in here posin as a mustang guy...calls himself ballsac or somethin like that..anyway...he challenged me to do math regardin his beloved g35 and our awesome mustang gt...so here goes

g35 298hp at 6400rpm
stang gt 300hp at 5750rpm
hmmmm...looks like we're reachin a higher top hp faster...whatever could that mean off the line ?

g35 260 torque at 4,800rpm
stang gt 320 torque at 4,500rpm
eeep...more power to the ground too at a quicker rate...

g35 starting at $33,800 for less power
stang gt starting at $25,870 for more power

hmmmmmmmm....happy rice to you

ps if ya gonna worship a 6 like that loser...at least accept no substitute...worship a 911 porche

wow...this thread is goin in circles...now we're back to that torque point from way back when...i was readin over the whole thread...when did it become a g35 versus mustang gt battle anyway...weird...i was hoping to try and catch the off topic gang's number of views but if its gonna go in circles i guess its a wrap...i think i'll go tell some kill stories...kscoyote...wolfpac...i'll catch up with you guys on the next arguement....hey....did we ever find out how these v6 guys take the heat? maybe in an indirect way
Apprentice

'you keep saying i was missing your point...nah...i was actually making my own....'

- yeah too bad you failed miserably at it. That's actually what happens when you don't pay attention to other people.

'did we ever find out how these v6 guys take the heat? maybe in an indirect way'

- No idea what you're talking about but I did find out how some V8 guys take the heat when it comes to the G35 V6: They get mad and challenge people to fights over the internet.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page