How Do You V6 Guys Take The Heat?!?! - Page 22 - Ford Mustang Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
nghtrnnr
Guest
 
nghtrnnr's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpac
'okay..on the line...what numbers do you have that dispute the above,'

- Like I said.... look on the Infiniti site.... the G35 Coupe has 298 HP. So in conclusion the Mustang GT V8 is about as weak as the G35 Coupe V6. THAT HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE POINT. What numbers do you have to dispute that? Nothing! Yeah, I thought so.....

'hop sing?'

- Hop sing? Wow... Like I said, this was never about race.... It's just sad to see a 33 year old 'grown man' (and I'm using 'man' very loosely) resort to such immaturity. It's just too bad throwing cheap insults is the only way you can make yourself feel better. Insults are never a substitute for victory. So sad....

'put some real facts out there'

- see above.

'and i will join your shaolin clan of ricers...'

- Wow, I'm not even laughing at you anymore.... I'm actually starting to feel sorry for you..... I out grew petty insults like that back in High school and you're supposed to be 33....

'cause so far youre just repeatin what i say'

- When? You're the one not understanding what I'm saying.... I'm not talking about price, I'm not talking about torque... I'm just talking about HP.... and the fact is the GT V8 is just as weak in HP as the G35 V6.
how can you talk about any sort of power spectrum and then say you arent looking at torque...everything is included in the power spectrum...evryone here has tried to explain it to you...you really dont know cars do you? i mean i always figured guys like you cant drive anyway but i thought some at least know the mechanics of cars...try to understand...just try...the g35 is nowhere near a match for the mustang gt...it is however more than a match for yours...oh well...if you dont see my point thats okay...i think on this day of days it only matters that the real mustang boys see my point...now go on...rant some more about how i amuse you...rant some more about your love of all things rice...ignore the quote button and write evrything i say and try to pick it apart again and again...do what you do best...rant rant rant sing about your beloved g35...rant some more

ps what are you worried about hp for anyway? you can make your deliveries in a kia cant you?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Apprentice
 
Wolfpac's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 95
 
'how can you talk about any sort of power spectrum and then say you arent looking at torque...everything is included in the power spectrum...evryone here has tried to explain it to you...'

- ok so, like I said before, if you're going to talk about torque what are you then complaining about? The V6 has 240 which is comparable to most other V6's out there! Other than that my position still stands the GT V8 is just as weak as the G35 V6. It's funny too because all you were talking about before was HP and now you're bringing in torque. So, if anything, I win again! The V6 torque is comparable to other V6's and the GT V8 is still as weak as the G35 V6 in terms of HP!

'you really dont know cars do you? i mean i always figured guys like you cant drive anyway but i thought some at least know the mechanics of cars...try to understand...just try...the g35 is nowhere near a match for the mustang gt...it is however more than a match for yours...oh well...if you dont see my point thats okay...i think on this day of days it only matters that the real mustang boys see my point...now go on...rant some more about how i amuse you...rant some more about your love of all things rice...ignore the quote button and write evrything i say and try to pick it apart again and again...do what you do best...rant rant rant sing about your beloved g35...rant some more'

- See? If you're gonna be ignorant like that then I'll just say read my previous posts. Damn... I just feel sorry for you..... That's all you can do, is it? When a younger guy outsmarts you all you can do is pull out cheap low blows, huh?

'ps what are you worried about hp for anyway? you can make your deliveries in a kia cant you?'

- Oooh another racial joke! Dude, you don't know me. It's sad to see a grown man resort to such immaturity. I was laughing at you before... now I just feel pity for you......

Wolfpac is offline  
S197 Member
 
vantage's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 534
 
I didn't read this whole argument to begin with but I'm just going to agree with what some ppl said, that our stock GT can easily smoke a 300hp G35 or 350Z. Ya ya, wolfpac or w/e his name is is talking about numbers V8 to V6. But who really cares? I thought it's about performance?

Would you be satisfied if the GT weighed 4000lbs and put out 350hp and ended up being slower than a G35 coupe just because it makes more power and at 350 it would be a 'respectable' V8 engine? I wouldn't. This whole argument is like if someone with a Charger RT went around talking smack to GT guys by saying 'yea well my V8 makes 340hp! Got that! 340!!' And then the GT guy could say 'yea but I'll take you out off the line with my 300hp V8' But the RT guy just completely ignores that and keeps talking about his 340hp. Who the hell cares, my car is faster than those with 300hp and I'm satisfied. Yea it 'could've' had more or 'should've' had more but who really cares. If the G35 or Z were faster that would be different.
vantage is offline  
 
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member
 
kscoyote's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Topeka
Posts: 11,432
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nghtrnnr
okay..on the line...what numbers do you have that dispute the above, hop sing?put some real facts out there and i will join your shaolin clan of ricers...cause so far youre just repeatin what i say...so far your retorts are the ricer equivalent of "i know you are but what am i?"
I thought you weren't considering price? the fact that the HO 6s cost 5-6000 more than the Ford 6?

Make up your da**ed mind.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
kscoyote is offline  
nghtrnnr
Guest
 
nghtrnnr's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by kscoyote
I thought you weren't considering price? the fact that the HO 6s cost 5-6000 more than the Ford 6?

Make up your da**ed mind.
what the hell are you talkin about coyote? see this is why you cant come in the middle and act you like you know...price? i think you have me confused again
JEB
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member
 
JEB's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Vicksburg
Posts: 1,916
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantage
I didn't read this whole argument to begin with but I'm just going to agree with what some ppl said, that our stock GT can easily smoke a 300hp G35 or 350Z. Ya ya, wolfpac or w/e his name is is talking about numbers V8 to V6. But who really cares? I thought it's about performance?

Would you be satisfied if the GT weighed 4000lbs and put out 350hp and ended up being slower than a G35 coupe just because it makes more power and at 350 it would be a 'respectable' V8 engine? I wouldn't. This whole argument is like if someone with a Charger RT went around talking smack to GT guys by saying 'yea well my V8 makes 340hp! Got that! 340!!' And then the GT guy could say 'yea but I'll take you out off the line with my 300hp V8' But the RT guy just completely ignores that and keeps talking about his 340hp. Who the hell cares, my car is faster than those with 300hp and I'm satisfied. Yea it 'could've' had more or 'should've' had more but who really cares. If the G35 or Z were faster that would be different.
Yes, my point exactly.:thumbsup

I Hate GM, deal with it.
One shot, One Kill! Don't waste ammo, it's pricey!
2005 GT Screaming Yellow: SLP Loudmouths
Ibanez guitars, S&W revolvers, Glock Semi's
Republican write in Presidential Candidate 2012
JEB is offline  
Apprentice
 
Wolfpac's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 95
 
'I didn't read this whole argument to begin with but I'm just going to agree with what some ppl said, that our stock GT can easily smoke a 300hp G35 or 350Z. Ya ya, wolfpac or w/e his name is is talking about numbers V8 to V6. But who really cares? I thought it's about performance?'

- If it's about performance then what are you people complaining about? The V6 has 210 HP and 240 lbs of torque.... Hell, I was able to out drive the new V6 Accord the other day! I even out drove an RX8 a few months back! The fact is the V6 is good enough to compete with most of the other V6's out there.... The morons that are complaining about about it not being able to compete with a Charger or a 350Z has to realize that that's why Ford built the Mustang GT! The V6's were never meant to compete with a 350Z or a Charger or a G35, etc.

If you're still going to complain about the 'lack' of power in the V6 then there is nothing wrong with saying that the Mustang V8 engine is about as weak as the G35 V6 engine in terms of HP. Pick either argument or both. Fact is, I'd be right on both accounts. As for the rest of your argument, yes, it can make sense, but if you want it to make sense then the fact is the V6 can still compete with most of the other V6's out there. The V6's were never meant to compete with those other high end cars. If they were then what would be the point of building a a GT?
Wolfpac is offline  
post #323 of 526 (permalink) Old 05-30-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member
 
PTLM4LIFE's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Edison
Posts: 713
 
no jet bk..unfortunatly i started this whole mess!

06 GT PREMIUM Manual, 18's, Hurst billet, Webelectric sequentials, painted 10" stripes, Cervini KR500 hood w/functional ram air kit, K&N air filter, Cervini side exhaust, chin spoiler, hood struts, rear ducktail, quarter panel scoops, and quarter window scoops, Midweat Auto Gear strut tower covers, 1/2 mirror covers, and fuel rail covers. Pioneer touch screeen head unit w/blue tooth, dvd & sirius.Also haves: 1969 Lemans & 1968 Firebird.
PTLM4LIFE is offline  
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member
 
kscoyote's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Topeka
Posts: 11,432
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nghtrnnr
what the hell are you talkin about coyote? see this is why you cant come in the middle and act you like you know...price? i think you have me confused again
Quote:
Originally Posted by nghtrnnr
g35 starting at $33,800 for less power
stang gt starting at $25,870 for more power

hmmmmmmmm....happy rice to you

Like I said, make up your da**ed mind.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
kscoyote is offline  
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member
 
kscoyote's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Topeka
Posts: 11,432
 
http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/Sp...=Q45&trimid=-1

2006 Infiniti Q45
Engines & Power (more)
Sport
Standard Engine 4.5L 340 hp V8
Horsepower 340 @ 6400 RPM
Torque (lb-ft) 333 @ 4000 RPM

Next year the G/Z cars get this engine.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
kscoyote is offline  
S197 Member
 
Blk06GT's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 58
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpac
'I didn't read this whole argument to begin with but I'm just going to agree with what some ppl said, that our stock GT can easily smoke a 300hp G35 or 350Z. Ya ya, wolfpac or w/e his name is is talking about numbers V8 to V6. But who really cares? I thought it's about performance?'

- If it's about performance then what are you people complaining about? The V6 has 210 HP and 240 lbs of torque.... Hell, I was able to out drive the new V6 Accord the other day! I even out drove an RX8 a few months back! The fact is the V6 is good enough to compete with most of the other V6's out there.... The morons that are complaining about about it not being able to compete with a Charger or a 350Z has to realize that that's why Ford built the Mustang GT! The V6's were never meant to compete with a 350Z or a Charger or a G35, etc.

If you're still going to complain about the 'lack' of power in the V6 then there is nothing wrong with saying that the Mustang V8 engine is about as weak as the G35 V6 engine in terms of HP. Pick either argument or both. Fact is, I'd be right on both accounts. As for the rest of your argument, yes, it can make sense, but if you want it to make sense then the fact is the V6 can still compete with most of the other V6's out there. The V6's were never meant to compete with those other high end cars. If they were then what would be the point of building a a GT?
Actually the mustang V6 dosent out perform the accord.. i forgot but there is an article on here by Reekostang or what ever that puts the V6 behind most of its competitors. But the gist of the article by various magazies MT, C&D and so forth showed the V6 stang to be outclassed in 0-60 times and general handling by a large segment of its competition.
Blk06GT is offline  
S197 Member
 
vantage's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 534
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpac
'I didn't read this whole argument to begin with but I'm just going to agree with what some ppl said, that our stock GT can easily smoke a 300hp G35 or 350Z. Ya ya, wolfpac or w/e his name is is talking about numbers V8 to V6. But who really cares? I thought it's about performance?'

- If it's about performance then what are you people complaining about? The V6 has 210 HP and 240 lbs of torque.... Hell, I was able to out drive the new V6 Accord the other day! I even out drove an RX8 a few months back! The fact is the V6 is good enough to compete with most of the other V6's out there.... The morons that are complaining about about it not being able to compete with a Charger or a 350Z has to realize that that's why Ford built the Mustang GT! The V6's were never meant to compete with a 350Z or a Charger or a G35, etc.

If you're still going to complain about the 'lack' of power in the V6 then there is nothing wrong with saying that the Mustang V8 engine is about as weak as the G35 V6 engine in terms of HP. Pick either argument or both. Fact is, I'd be right on both accounts. As for the rest of your argument, yes, it can make sense, but if you want it to make sense then the fact is the V6 can still compete with most of the other V6's out there. The V6's were never meant to compete with those other high end cars. If they were then what would be the point of building a a GT?
Uh huh.. Well I didn't say anything about the V6 in my post but alright, w/e you say :thumbup
vantage is offline  
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member
 
kscoyote's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Topeka
Posts: 11,432
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk06GT
Actually the mustang V6 dosent out perform the accord.. i forgot but there is an article on here by Reekostang or what ever that puts the V6 behind most of its competitors. But the gist of the article by varios magazies MT, C&D and so forth showed the V6 stang to be outclassed in 0-60 times and general handling.
I think the Reekster is actually the Leezard. Funny how he shows up posting the same garbage, just after the Leezard is banned.


The Accord is not a competitor in any way. It's in a different class that costs $5000 more. If it has any competition, it's the Eclipse GT, The Mustang GT, the Solara, the Pontiac G6 GTP and GXP, etc.

THe Accord Coupe only outhandles the base package without the rear sway bar, etc, that comes with the Pony Package.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
kscoyote is offline  
S197 Member
 
Blk06GT's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 58
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kscoyote
I think the Reekster is actually the Leezard. Funny how he shows up posting the same garbage, just after the Leezard is banned.


The Accord is not a competitor in any way. It's in a different class that costs $5000 more. If it has any competition, it's the Eclipse GT, The Mustang GT, the Solara, the Pontiac G6 GTP and GXP, etc.

THe Accord Coupe only outhandles the base package without the rear sway bar, etc, that comes with the Pony Package.
The issue with your statement coyote is that price should have no bearing.. IF that were the case then wolfpacs arguement is null and void. Since a a G35 can cost 40k while a gt can skin 25k. Reguardless the accord is still a V6 along with several of the other 4 and six cylindar cars that was part of the post i'm referring to. And still in the same price rang as the mustang v6.
Blk06GT is offline  
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member
 
kscoyote's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Topeka
Posts: 11,432
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk06GT
The issue with your statement coyote is that price should have no bearing.. IF that were the case then wolfpacs arguement is null and void. Since a a G35 can cost 40k while a gt can skin 25k. Reguardless the accord is still a V6 along with several of the other 4 and six cylindar cars that was part of the post i'm referring to. And still in the same price rang as the mustang v6.
No it's not.

A G35 can cost 33K, and so can a Mustang GT.

The Accord V6 BASE PRICE STARTS at $25,200.

A fully optioned non vert V6 Mustang barely hits 24K I've never seen one on the lots that cost more than 23K that wasn't a vert.

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/pr...cord&trimid=-1

The BASE price of the PREMIUM Mustang V6 is $20,090

Do the dang math.

the Accord BASE is 25% higher than the PREMIUM V6.

The BASE GT price is $25,140 $60 LESS than a V6 Accord.


Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
kscoyote is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Where did you guys get your avatars? Chowder Head Fun Zone 93 10-01-2010 06:34 PM
Question to all you 5.0 windsor guys... 5.0L Tech 3 01-11-2002 10:47 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1