How Do You V6 Guys Take The Heat?!?! - Page 23 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscoyote
No it's not.

A G35 can cost 33K, and so can a Mustang GT.

The Accord V6 BASE PRICE STARTS at $25,200.

A fully optioned non vert V6 Mustang barely hits 24K I've never seen one on the lots that cost more than 23K that wasn't a vert.

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/pr...cord&trimid=-1

The BASE price of the PREMIUM Mustang V6 is $20,090

Do the dang math.

the Accord BASE is 25% higher than the PREMIUM V6.

The BASE GT price is $25,140 $60 LESS than a V6 Accord.
Sorry but you are wrong.. THe regular Bare bone G35 coupe which isnt the one Wolf pac is talking about start at 33k where the most expensive GT ends.. That model only puts out 280 hp. Add another 2k Making it 35k (the 298 hp model) which beyond what anyone should pay for a Maxed out Vert GT. Now at 35k that IS the BASE model... after adding in all or most of the things a person who buys a luxy sports coupe would have it = around or just over 40k which is a larger difference than your 23k v6 mustang and 25k honda...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk06GT
Sorry but you are wrong.. THe regular Bare bone G35 coupe which isnt the one Wolf pac is talking about start at 33k where the most expensive GT ends.. That model only puts out 280 hp. Add another 2k Making it 35k (the 298 hp model) which beyond what anyone should pay for a Maxed out Vert GT. Now at 35k that IS the BASE model... after adding in all of most of the things a person who buys a luxy sports coupe would have it = around or just over 40k which is a larger difference than your 23k v6 mustang and 25k honda...
a 23K LOADED v6 vs a BASE Honda Accord is a BETTER price comparison than a BASE GT that costs $60 LESS than a Honda Accord?!?!?!?!

You're stretching it.

the 33K G35 is within 2K of a Fully LOADED GT, and only has 20hp LESS. The SAME ENGINE is in a 27K 350Z which is a viable comparison, re: Price

Base Retail Price (MSRP) $27,650
Standard Engine 3.5L 300 hp V6

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/Sp...350Z&trimid=-1

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
S197 Member

Quote:
a 23K LOADED v6 vs a BASE Honda Accord is a BETTER price comparison than a BASE GT that costs $60 LESS than a Honda Accord?!?!?!?!

You're stretching it.

the 33K G35 is within 2K of a Fully LOADED GT, and only has 20hp LESS. The SAME ENGINE is in a 27K 350Z which is a viable comparison, re: Price

Base Retail Price (MSRP) $27,650
Standard Engine 3.5L 300 hp V6

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/Sp...350Z&trimid=-1
Stay on topic coyote.. we arent talkin about a 350z which can also come fully maxed out at around 40k.. we are talkin about a G35 wich standard base model is 33k, which is 2k less than the model Wolfpac is talking about. And according to ford the base price for a V6 premium vert is 25k and 19 fora standard coupe.. either way you look at it it hits the 25k mark of the honda. So nope im not stretchin it.

SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
The issue with your statement coyote is that price should have no bearing.. IF that were the case then wolfpacs arguement is null and void. Since a a G35 can cost 40k while a gt can skin 25k. Reguardless the accord is still a V6 along with several of the other 4 and six cylindar cars that was part of the post i'm referring to. And still in the same price rang as the mustang v6.
No the BASE Accord Coupe would be a competitor to the Mustang V6.

I NEVER said price was not an issue, the 33yo street racer and the REEKster did. So I'm displaying the inconsistency.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Stay on topic coyote.. we arent talkin about a 350z which can also come fully maxed out at around 40k.. we are talkin about a G35 wich standard base model is 33k, which is 2k less than the model Wolfpac is talking about. And according to ford the base price for a V6 premium vert is 25k and 19 fora standard coupe.. either way you look at it it hits the 25k mark of the honda. So nope im not stretchin it.
So are we talking about Cars or Engines, make up your minds, people.

SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/Sp...cord&trimid=-1

2006 Honda Accord

LX Coupe $20,375 - $23,350

Horsepower 166 @ 5800 RPM
Torque (lb-ft) 160 @ 4000 RPM

SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

If you're talking about value, then the Base Mustang V6 totally beats the Base Accord Coupe. 50% more power, 50% more torque.

It also has FAR more torque than the Flagship Accord Coupe V6 (211 @ 5000 RPM) which is an indication of how much power is in reserve.

AND it's clearly faster:

0 - 60 Time
(seconds) 1/4 Mile Time
(seconds) 1/4 Mile Speed
(mph) Braking 60 - 0
mph (ft.) Honda Accord sedan EX - V6 3.0L (244 hp) 5A + ABS 7.80 15.88 93.70 No data Honda Accord sedan - I4 2.4L (166 hp) 5A + ABS 7.91 16.22 90.80 No data

S197 Member

Quote:
No the BASE Accord Coupe would be a competitor to the Mustang V6.

I NEVER said price was not an issue, the 33yo street racer and the REEKster did. So I'm displaying the inconsistency.
Ok then i'm totally lost as to what we are debating... If you agree that price is a definate factor then comparing a possible 41k G35 against a possible 33k Gt would be a flawed comparison. For the price of the G35 i would look into getting a vette or at least comparing it to a stage 3 Roush or supercharged saleen.. That would be a more even comparision. Then the price would match the level of engineering involved with the vehicle. That is my entire point.
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Ok then i'm totally lost as to what we are debating... If you agree that price is a definate factor then comparing a possible 41k G35 against a possible 33k Gt would be a flawed comparison. For the price of the G35 i would look into getting a vette or at least comparing it to a stage 3 Roush or supercharged saleen.. That would be a more even comparision. Then the price would match the level of engineering involved with the vehicle. That is my entire point.
They're comparing HP numbers ONLY, and claiming the v6 is weak. Nevermind that starting next year, thos numbers are coming down, because they're not letting 'em fudge the numbers by dyno'ing the engines with low oil, etc.

It's the Hondahead argument.

SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nghtrnnr
drew i sort of made those numbers up cause i hate to lose arguements...dont tell nobody....although its more accurate than the 10-20000 buck diff he stated
And they're making stuff up.

nghtrnnr

they? try me... mister nondebater...and try going to the car's company website instead of whereever you think you get your facts from...thats what i did...and i came up with alot more reality than you did...my fuzzy numbers reflect more of the truth than your so called facts ever did...damn coyote...try a hard fact for once...oops...i was enjoying watchin blk06gt take you apart..but damned if you cant seem to finish a thought without the ol nghtrnnr rattlin around in your head...forget hanoi jane...we got hanoi coyote...
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
they? try me... mister nondebater...and try going to the car's company website instead of whereever you think you get your facts from...thats what i did...and i came up with alot more reality than you did...my made up numbers reflect more of the truth than your so called facts ever did...damn coyote...try a hard fact for once...oops...i was enjoying watchin blk06gt take you apart..but damned if you cant seem to finish a thought without the ol nghtrnnr rattlin around in your head...forget hanoi jane...we got hanoi coyote...
All you've got to do is post the link.

Of course, we already know you're making stuff up, you've already admitted as such.

Which you probably had to do, since you've been trying to argue the cost is no object thing in the pre-05 six lounge and tech sections every six months.

On a vehicular basis, both the v6 and v8s are very high in the dollar per performance ratio. You keep trying to distort the figures and comparisons.

Quit it.

nghtrnnr

Quote:
All you've got to do is post the link.

Of course, we already know you're making stuff up, you've already admitted as such.

Which you probably had to do, since you've been trying to argue the cost is no object thing in the pre-05 six lounge and tech sections every six months.

On a vehicular basis, both the v6 and v8s are very high in the dollar per performance ratio. You keep trying to distort the figures and comparisons.

Quit it.
you and i debate every six months? pre 05 lounge? youre losin it old man...dreamin again...and i've always given the v6 the respect it deserves..i own one...who is it that you think i am anyway? and like i said...anything i made up beats your so called facts cause i know cars...you really need a link to a car website? try typing their name genius....ohhhhhh i get it...youre trying to divert attention from the sound beating that blk06gt is giving you...lol...
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
every six months? pre 05 lounge? youre losin it old man...and i've always givin the v6 the respect it deserves..i own one...who is it that you think i am anyway? and like i said...anything i made up beats your so called facts cause i know cars...ohhhhhh i get it...youre trying to divert attention from the sound beating that blk06gt is giving you...lol...
suuuure you do!

I thought you had a GT?

nghtrnnr

Quote:
suuuure you do!

I thought you had a GT?
christ almighty......newsflash coyote!!! some people have 2 cars...dont you have a black stang and some yellow monstrousity...i own both a silver gt and a black 6..been sayin that forever

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	80614446_253677238_0.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	16756   Click image for larger version

Name:	71992656_224823855_0.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	16757   Click image for larger version

Name:	58770565_180636151_0.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	16758   Click image for larger version

Name:	71992756_224824185_0.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	16759  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page