How Do You V6 Guys Take The Heat?!?! - Page 25 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
S197 Member

lol Scion.. must've had a Mustang engine in it lol..

But really.. there are a lot of sleepers out there. On saturday evening on the way to my buddies bday party I was with my gf in the car when this asian dude starts harassing me in an old Volvo S70 (the really ugly boxy looking one, and it was badged 'S70 R'). I got on the hwy in front of him and he starts riding my ass. Then we went side-by-side and it was pretty even but I edged him out at about 120mph and got in front of him in the left lane. But damn I was surprised, definitely had some mods beyond his crappy sounding exhaust to be able to run with me up to that speed. After he got his ass handed to him he stayed well back

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

1. I'd take it...

2. I could hear his turbo over my exhaust... knew I was in trouble! Hoping to see him again with this set-up though!!

KJ, poorer but happier

Thanks to:
Modular Depot
Fox Lake Racing
Tunable Induction
Power House 411
Sun Coast Creations
Apprentice

'kj theres a ricer in here named wolfpac sayin our gt is slow...it was bound to get ugly.'

- I never said the GT was slow. All I said was that I'm pissed off at the fact that the GT V8 is as weak as the G35 V6 in terms of HP. Dude, I still don't know why you're calling me a ricer oh wait... apparently that's the only way you know how to respond when someone is making you look stupid by presenting facts.

SHELBY GT 500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj_cinci
LOL

I'm sure there is enough numbers out there to prove this one way or the other.

26K for 300 HP is fair!
19K for 210 HP is fair!
26K for a five person four door car is fair...

Com'N, again! It is all what you want and need! I think MANY are in the new Stang for styling. I would never buy a Lexus or Infinity! You may however find me ina Beemer, Mercedes, or GF a GM car!!

I know that previous YM M3 lost to me, so did a G35, a older Vette, a new GOAT, a new Caddy, and many many more!

I lost to a Scion!! Suck on that!
BINGO, GIVE THAT MAN A CIGAR!
The last Mustang I bought was an 86, didn't care for the styling until I saw the 2005, I have heard the same thing many times from others.

AFM Site Administrator
2006 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT Manual.
Alpine H/U with Infinity speakers.
Powerhouse CAI and Tune.
Previous Mustangs:
1978 2.8 L, 1979 5.0, 1982 5.0 "HO", 1986 5.0 GT

Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today
SHELBY GT 500 Member

G35 http://www.caranddriver.com/cars/inf...initi-g35.html

3.5-liter DOHC 24-valve V-6, 280 hp, 270 lb-ft; 5-sp auto with manumatic shifting.

Mustang GT http://www.caranddriver.com/previews...ang-page4.html

Power (SAE net) 300 bhp @ 6000 rpm
Torque (SAE net) 315 lb-ft @ 4500 rpm

How anyone can call a 300 HP engine weak is beyond me.

AFM Site Administrator
Powerhouse CAI and Tune.
Previous Mustangs:

Apprentice

Dude, check the manual shifting..... manual shifting is 298 HP. So ,again, all I'm saying is that I am pissed off about the GT V8 being about as weak as a G35 V6 MANUAL in terms of HP... Is there anything wrong with the FACTS that I have just posted?
GT Member
S197 Member

This is getting nowhere, 4 more pages today so far and still no resolution:kooky:

'06---GT Deluxe 'Casper" IUP, shaker 500, auto, 17" bullitts, white/light graphite

retro '69 351 hood an scoop

"Hello America, you sick twisted freaks"
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

The stick has 18 more shaft HP...?? Why, how?

Ford could have (and many say they are) taken over 300 out, we see many stock dynos close to 270, which is ~310 at the shaft with a low 15% drivetrain loss. 300 was a nice round number 400 for the goat, 500 for the vette, you know how that goes... 298 sounds weird... anywho... 300 might have to do with EPA, insurance for (young) owners, etc. If it wasn't for EPA there would be no filter box, PCV line, cats etc. the tune would have been different and there would have been 350 HP. Same is true for the Nissan, ehum sorry, G35 but it's made in much smaller quantities and can be checked closer and as such be closer to the EPA boarders...

This can be easily seen in 'modability', how much more is there for the same $ and/or part?

My .05 euro cents...

KJ, poorer but happier

Thanks to:
Modular Depot
Fox Lake Racing
Tunable Induction
Power House 411
Sun Coast Creations
post #369 of 526 (permalink) Old 05-31-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

its amazing we can't find another car to compare the gt to...i know nothing about the g35, and could care less...i hope this thread is still going when the challenger and camaro come out!

06 GT PREMIUM Manual, 18's, Hurst billet, Webelectric sequentials, painted 10" stripes, Cervini KR500 hood w/functional ram air kit, K&N air filter, Cervini side exhaust, chin spoiler, hood struts, rear ducktail, quarter panel scoops, and quarter window scoops, Midweat Auto Gear strut tower covers, 1/2 mirror covers, and fuel rail covers. Pioneer touch screeen head unit w/blue tooth, dvd & sirius.Also haves: 1969 Lemans & 1968 Firebird.
Apprentice

Coulda, shoulda, but didn't. The discussion has always been about stock. Anybody can go out and mod. As a matter of fact that's what some people said about the V6 but then someone said we are talking about stock. So if we are talking about stock the the GT V8 is just about as weak as the G35 V6 in terms of HP. Like I said before, coulda, shoulda but didn't just like coulda shoulda but didn't on the V6.
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Quote:

Ford could have (and many say they are) taken over 300 out, we see many stock dynos close to 270, which is ~310 at the shaft with a low 15% drivetrain loss. 300 was a nice round number 400 for the goat, 500 for the vette, you know how that goes... 298 sounds weird... anywho... 300 might have to do with EPA, insurance for (young) owners, etc. If it wasn't for EPA there would be no filter box, PCV line, cats etc. the tune would have been different and there would have been 350 HP. Same is true for the Nissan, ehum sorry, G35 but it's made in much smaller quantities and can be checked closer and as such be closer to the EPA boarders...

This can be easily seen in 'modability', how much more is there for the same $ and/or part?

My .05 euro cents...
I think the manuals have a flux capacitor.

AFM Site Administrator
Powerhouse CAI and Tune.
Previous Mustangs:

JEB
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpdoc
This is getting nowhere, 4 more pages today so far and still no resolution:kooky:
That's because wolfpac can't admit he's wrong.

Calling the v8 weak, when it's the most powerful production (non svt or special edition) mustang yet is silly.

I Hate GM, deal with it.
One shot, One Kill! Don't waste ammo, it's pricey!
2005 GT Screaming Yellow: SLP Loudmouths
Ibanez guitars, S&W revolvers, Glock Semi's
Republican write in Presidential Candidate 2012
S197 Member

Quote:

My .05 euro cents...
Wolfpac is actually wrong the base G35 has 280 hp Manual or stick... The Upgraded Model which costs 2k more has 298 HP. His whole point of view is really flawed..
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcfrisch
G35 http://www.caranddriver.com/cars/inf...initi-g35.html

3.5-liter DOHC 24-valve V-6, 280 hp, 270 lb-ft; 5-sp auto with manumatic shifting.

Mustang GT http://www.caranddriver.com/previews...ang-page4.html

Power (SAE net) 300 bhp @ 6000 rpm
Torque (SAE net) 315 lb-ft @ 4500 rpm

How anyone can call a 300 HP engine weak is beyond me.
THe 2007s have revised breathing capabilities, and all RWD 3.5L cars from NisMo have 300hp.

He's not calling it weak, he's saying it's not 400hp, like the small block.

I don't really care what the car starts out with, I only care what I end up with.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:

My .05 euro cents...
The two advancing the hondahead argument dogging the six will hear of no aftermarket. It's stock vs stock.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page