How Do You V6 Guys Take The Heat?!?! - Page 27 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
5.0L Member

I never took much heat when I had my 01 v6 it had flowmasters and most people
thought it was a gt but now that I have a real mustang a 95 gts and I get crap from all the guys I work with at the airport hey is that your v6 its got to be a v6 i've never seen a gt without a spoiler and other stupid crap like that. It gets a little old poping my hood twice a week to prove I have a 5.0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

JEB
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Yeah, the v6 Mustangs in general are great cars.

If you want a Mustang, but don't want the V8 for WHATEVER reason, the v6 is perfect.

The v6 is also the most sold.....

With that said.....how would ya'll feel about the the theory of putting in ONLY v8's in Mustangs to help keep the cost down?
They could all be made in one factory, and with only one platform to support, the cost would have to be lower...

This is the theory behind only putting the 5.4l in the expe's, and I think the Titan only has Nissan's 5.6l.

I Hate GM, deal with it.
One shot, One Kill! Don't waste ammo, it's pricey!
2005 GT Screaming Yellow: SLP Loudmouths
Ibanez guitars, S&W revolvers, Glock Semi's
Republican write in Presidential Candidate 2012
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEB
Yeah, the v6 Mustangs in general are great cars.

If you want a Mustang, but don't want the V8 for WHATEVER reason, the v6 is perfect.

The v6 is also the most sold.....

With that said.....how would ya'll feel about the the theory of putting in ONLY v8's in Mustangs to help keep the cost down?
They could all be made in one factory, and with only one platform to support, the cost would have to be lower...

This is the theory behind only putting the 5.4l in the expe's, and I think the Titan only has Nissan's 5.6l.
No, that would RAISE costs considerably.

The 5.4 is the only engine capable of hauling 2.5+ tons of truck + towing a boat.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17

post #394 of 526 (permalink) Old 06-03-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

played cards again with the v6 kid again last night and told him i started this post..he was like, yea and..then i told him how many posts there were and that people were calling each other out over it..he was like yea whatever..all the mini van guys wanted to know the name of the site..i could tell he was really gettin pissed...so every time it was his turn to play i kept callin him v6 boy...totally put him on tilt the rest of the night...i did go out before him though, those v8's run out of gas before the 6's i guess..why do you guys take it so personally!

06 GT PREMIUM Manual, 18's, Hurst billet, Webelectric sequentials, painted 10" stripes, Cervini KR500 hood w/functional ram air kit, K&N air filter, Cervini side exhaust, chin spoiler, hood struts, rear ducktail, quarter panel scoops, and quarter window scoops, Midweat Auto Gear strut tower covers, 1/2 mirror covers, and fuel rail covers. Pioneer touch screeen head unit w/blue tooth, dvd & sirius.Also haves: 1969 Lemans & 1968 Firebird.
nghtrnnr

lol...."v6 boy"....i love it
post #396 of 526 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

....well he is only 22 and i'm 40..sooooooo..hey its all in fun right?..well not last night, i was trying to get paid.

06 GT PREMIUM Manual, 18's, Hurst billet, Webelectric sequentials, painted 10" stripes, Cervini KR500 hood w/functional ram air kit, K&N air filter, Cervini side exhaust, chin spoiler, hood struts, rear ducktail, quarter panel scoops, and quarter window scoops, Midweat Auto Gear strut tower covers, 1/2 mirror covers, and fuel rail covers. Pioneer touch screeen head unit w/blue tooth, dvd & sirius.Also haves: 1969 Lemans & 1968 Firebird.
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTLM4LIFE
....well he is only 22 and i'm 40..sooooooo..hey its all in fun right?..well not last night, i was trying to get paid.
question is, do you have "street racer" on your plates?

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
Rookie
V6 Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to afixer
i really dont have a prob with it. it irwindale last thursday i ran an 8.95 at 77.8 MPH its a 1/8 mile track. the anouncer even says heres that yellow v6 again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0709 Large Web view.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	16880  

2005 scremin yellow v6 coupe 12" black stripes
sequencial taillights yellow seat and door inlays
explorer express x-charger # 001 8.95 1/8 mile
nghtrnnr

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscoyote
question is, do you have "street racer" on your plates?
............................................lol... ..............................................
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by afixer
i really dont have a prob with it. it irwindale last thursday i ran an 8.95 at 77.8 MPH its a 1/8 mile track. the anouncer even says heres that yellow v6 again.
Love your car Afixer.. But a question, and this is not a flame, but your car looks just like a GT... y didnt you just buy a GT and mod it from there? I see a lot of V6 guys doin the clone a GT thing... just wondering if your gunna spend the extra cash makin it look like a GT y not just buy one.. again not a flame..
nghtrnnr

excellent question...and NOT a flame...(i just wanted to add that cause.....................I'M POST 400 IN THIS THREAD!!!!! ha ha ha ha ha....look at me ma...and they said i'd never make it!!!!
Rookie
V6 Member
S197 Member

you guys are so blind what are you talking about ! make it look like a gt. you crack me up. 1 i installed an after market grill to give the car fogs for better lighting i like road racing and if you have driven the car in the dark on winding roads the stock lights suck plus the pony lights were not out yet, also notice i have pony emplems on the side. i didnt change my bumbers or side panels. so lets see putting better lighting and duals for better performance makes it a gt wow dont tell ford. duals were $ 350 and the fog set up was if i had to pay for it about $350 so for $700 bucks i got a gt wow!. come on guys get a grip. look at the car. oh i forgot i put on of the most over used rims in the world on it. that i got from a friend for $400 bucks again for handeling 17x 8s. but im actully last week at a car meet the owner of boss motorsport came up to me and asked if he could use my car for a fit and pic session. he then said he would give me a smoking deal on some halibrand style wheels. (so then what are you going to say im making my car look like a AC cobra) and yes you are flaming but hey thats cool when you guys make these stupid remarks it just proves to me that you are not mustang people if you were you would notice the many body difs between the two!

1. no notch for the front lic plate on the gt, 2. painted rocker panels, 3. lip on front and rear bumper. 4.larger lower grill, 5. totaly dif grill than i have, 6. gt badges , 7. gt rear badge. so there is just seven that i can think of off the top.

next youwill say that strips lowering springs wider rear tires are all gt things. come on you wanted a rise out of me and you got it.

but it still makes me laugh that you guys make those comments it all stems from the fact that i have a very nice car for alot less than gt guys have spent. and i am very happy with it.

S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by afixer
you guys are so blind what are you talking about ! make it look like a gt. you crack me up. 1 i installed an after market grill to give the car fogs for better lighting i like road racing and if you have driven the car in the dark on winding roads the stock lights suck plus the pony lights were not out yet, also notice i have pony emplems on the side. i didnt change my bumbers or side panels. so lets see putting better lighting and duals for better performance makes it a gt wow dont tell ford. duals were $ 350 and the fog set up was if i had to pay for it about $350 so for $700 bucks i got a gt wow!. come on guys get a grip. look at the car. oh i forgot i put on of the most over used rims in the world on it. that i got from a friend for $400 bucks again for handeling 17x 8s. but im actully last week at a car meet the owner of boss motorsport came up to me and asked if he could use my car for a fit and pic session. he then said he would give me a smoking deal on some halibrand style wheels. (so then what are you going to say im making my car look like a AC cobra) and yes you are flaming but hey thats cool when you guys make these stupid remarks it just proves to me that you are not mustang people if you were you would notice the many body difs between the two!

1. no notch for the front lic plate on the gt, 2. painted rocker panels, 3. lip on front and rear bumper. 4.larger lower grill, 5. totaly dif grill than i have, 6. gt badges , 7. gt rear badge. so there is just seven that i can think of off the top.

next youwill say that strips lowering springs wider rear tires are all gt things. come on you wanted a rise out of me and you got it.

but it still makes me laugh that you guys make those comments it all stems from the fact that i have a very nice car for alot less than gt guys have spent. and i am very happy with it.
LOL did i hit a nerve.. Like i said before i wasnt flaming. I actually said i liked your car. None the less from the picture i have seen which is strickly from the front your V6 looks just like a GT minus the rounder front bumper..Which is y i asked a simple question. If a GT look alike is what your gunna build y not just buy the real thing. I was in no way flaming or making an unreasonable assumption. The differences in the body that you speak of are so minute that to a non Mustang person the car would pass for a GT. I am in no way bashing V6's i use to own one and i like you I customoized mine. The difference between my customizing and many other V6 guys is that i didnt make mine look like a GT. In doing so i realized that if i wanted to make a clone it would have been more econmical to just buy a GT instaed off all the takeoff parts and paint and labor etc.On most other Mustang sites if i look at the V6 section all i see is GT take off this and GT take off that..that was more the crowd i was questioning..I was simply putting the question to you since you might have another point of view on the subject that i might not have seen ...And no i didnt want a rise out of you i wanted a simple intelligent response sorry its a sensative subject for you.
Rookie
V6 Member
S197 Member

fine simple answer. wanted the car no gts around paid cash drove off the lot same day. i got the car in feb of 05. also i have 2 teen age boys i let the older one drive the car at times. and for a daily driver the car is plenty fast. and yes at car shows with the hood up. i still have to tell people its a six. that gets old. as far as hitting a nerve the nerve was that gt guys should see the dif i did not get gt take offs and have them painted. although i do have gt take off mufflers but heck 89 bucks was so cheap why not. i love the car have lots of friends that have gts and they like the car. i have also beat a few gts at irwindale. and they are all like wow the car runs good nice sleeper!. i even have them put a v6 on my side window now at the track. i got tired of people thinking i had a slow v8 its much better when they come up to me and say i had to see for myself that it is a v6 running 8s in the 1/8 mile. so i hope all is good . i myself dont understand why guys put on the rockers and bumpers from the gt's it kinda takes away from the v6 IMO but thats just me. i have some buds that have done it and thats good for them. in the beginning the v6 only way to install the fogs was to get the bumper thats why i waited fot the SS unit. the rear was people thought they needed the rear for duals i just cut mine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	stangtop Large e-mail view.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	160.7 KB
ID:	16899   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0398 Large Web view.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	16900  

SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

why do people take their GTs and add cobra this and cobra that? If I see another set of CobraRs on a GT I'll be sick.

I'm not flaming or anything -it's only a few thousand dollars more, and the gas mileage isn't that much worse -why not just buy a Cobra, Used they're LESS than a GT . ..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page