How Do You V6 Guys Take The Heat?!?! - Page 28 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscoyote
why do people take their GTs and add cobra this and cobra that? If I see another set of CobraRs on a GT I'll be sick.

I'm not flaming or anything -it's only a few thousand dollars more, and the gas mileage isn't that much worse -why not just buy a Cobra, Used they're LESS than a GT . ..
I agree but that comparison is stretching it a little. At least for the S197's.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk06GT
An 03 Cobra will beat the heck out of a new GT.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:

I didn't hit a nerve or anything, did I?

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17

SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/pr...tang&trimid=-1

$26,300 - $27,400

S197 Member

Quote:
I didn't hit a nerve or anything, did I?

LoL your funny. Nope you didnt hit a nerve but i think i did. If your trying to throw a comparison at me with the question i brought up to Afixer then your way off in left field. A 2005-2006 V6 and 2005-2006 Gt cost wise are very near each other while a GT500 is no where near the ball park for a GT so your argument is really flawed . The 2-3k that a V6'er will pay for all the GT take offs paint and laber will put him/her in the same ballpark price of a GT. That comparison is not so for a GT to GT500. Nice try though.
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
LoL your funny. Nope you didnt hit a nerve but i think i did. If your trying to throw a comparison at me with the question i brought up to Afixer then your way off in left field. A 2005-2006 V6 and 2005-2006 Gt cost wise are very near each other while a GT500 is no where near the ball park for a GT so your argument is really flawed . The 2-3k that a V6'er will pay for all the GT take offs paint and laber will put him/her in the same ballpark price of a GT. That comparison is not so for a GT to GT500. Nice try though.
I said an 03 SVT Terminator Cobra. It will beat the pants off you.

And as far as styling you're ripping off the Shelby and Mach cars right and left. You can pick up a good Mach1 for around 25-32000.

Give Shinoda a break, and quit ripping him off.

Heck y'all are even ripping off Eleanor.

I already see folks lining up to buy SVT spoiler clones, hoods, etc. After spending all that money you'll still have a GT.

SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
The only GT Takeoff that's worth anything to me is the rear sway bar and the exhaust. Total cost $150 . ..

Shocks and struts are a joke, the transmissions are the same, what else is there?

Rookie
V6 Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to afixer
actually i think the gts are around 5 to 6 k more than a v6 i paid 20600 for my premium coupe with the x plan. gts were closer to 30 k with the same options i got at the time i got mine a year and a half ago.

2005 scremin yellow v6 coupe 12" black stripes
sequencial taillights yellow seat and door inlays
explorer express x-charger # 001 8.95 1/8 mile
S197 Member

Quote:
I said an 03 SVT Terminator Cobra. It will beat the pants off you.

And as far as styling you're ripping off the Shelby and Mach cars right and left. You can pick up a good Mach1 for around 25-32000.

Give Shinoda a break, and quit ripping him off.
Ok i'm failing to see what your trying to debate me on..Are you talkin about Gt owners cloning Cobras? Aside from a few s197's having cobra rims i dunno of any cloning with this model. And i dont agree with cloning anyway so im not sure what your point on that is.

If you are tryin to make a general statement that a terminator will beat my Gt.. then i say ok i'm fine with that. It's a car designed to move. If that is your statement then i say to you a honda accord will beat you. So whats your point..And who is ripping of shelby's and Mach 1's....Plz in the future have some relavance to what you are saying. My 8 year old niece can make unrelated general statements that have nothing to do with each other. Plz focus your arguement.

ANd on a side note if you pay 32k for a Mach.. your not to smart you can grab 04 Cobras for less than that.
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by afixer
actually i think the gts are around 5 to 6 k more than a v6 i paid 20600 for my premium coupe with the x plan. gts were closer to 30 k with the same options i got at the time i got mine a year and a half ago.
When i bought My fully loaded 06 Vert 2 weeks ago there where a few delux GT's for 25,500 and 26,800. SO my point still stands after parts and labor for a full Gt clone you close that gap to 2-3K can see the prices cross if its a vert.
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:

1) Ok i'm failing to see what your trying to debate me on..Are you talkin about Gt owners cloning Cobras? Aside from a few s197's having cobra rims i dunno of any cloning with this model. And i dont agree with cloning anyway so im not sure what your point on that is.

2) If you are tryin to make a general statement that a terminator will beat my Gt.. then i say ok i'm fine with that. It's a car designed to move. If that is your statement then i say to you a honda accord will beat you. So whats your point..

3) And who is ripping of shelby's and Mach 1's....Plz in the future have some relavance to what you are saying. My 8 year old niece can make unrelated general statements that have nothing to do with each other. Plz focus your arguement.

4) ANd on a side note if you pay 32k for a Mach.. your not to smart you can grab 04 Cobras for less than that.
1 & 2) THe point is, there is no point. Don't you get it yet?

1) There's no S197 Cobra yet to clone. GT owners have ALWAYS ripped off SVT, Roush, Saleen, etc. This will not change I already see GT owners with Shelby rear spoilers from knock-off companies, hoods, wheels, and fascias will follow soon enough.

3) Puhleez. The entire S197 line is a tribute/ripoff of the 60s models -you aren't really that dumb are you?

4) Funny. In a couple of years the 03/04 will be even cheaper, while the Mach will likely increase -Not a very wise decision young grasshopper.

;-)

SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
When i bought My fully loaded 06 Vert 2 weeks ago there where a few delux GT's for 25,500 and 26,800. SO my point still stands after parts and labor for a full Gt clone you close that gap to 2-3K can see the prices cross if its a vert.
But a vert has a single distinct feature that will hold its value more than a base GT - It's called a corvertible roof.

Why didn't you buy another GT?

Not really comparable, are they?

Rookie
V6 Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to afixer
Quote:
you said it yourself delux when i bought a premium also the gts have come down alot since i bought mine due to the fact the the appeal has also gone down. most all the mods i have done would have also been done on a gt if i owned it.

2005 scremin yellow v6 coupe 12" black stripes
sequencial taillights yellow seat and door inlays
explorer express x-charger # 001 8.95 1/8 mile
S197 Member

Quote:
But a vert has a single distinct feature that will hold its value more than a base GT - It's called a corvertible roof.

Why didn't you buy another GT?

Not really comparable, are they?
The point is why buy a V6 if you intend to dump 3k+ in GT clone parts on it. Why not just buy a GT since the price will end up very close to one another.

I have yet to see a 05+ Gt with any GT500 look alike parts even if i did i would understand more since the price between the 2 models is such that most(not all) cant afford one while the same cant be said for the V6-Gt comparison. Even with that statement i dont support any cloning. I do however support customizing.

Ok coyote when you can make a complete arguement and not 3 random statements that have no relevance with the topic at hand we can continue our conversation.

At least Afixer had complete thoughts about the topic at hand a brought some valuable points to the conversation.

And yes i agree the S197 is a retro look that was taken from an earlier model.. WHos disputing that. To call someone dumb you cant even put togther a coherent arguement. And that comparison is flawed to this arguement. No problem in makeing a new model taking design ques from the past that is not cloning a clone is as close to an exact replica as possible. Are you really that slow to make that kind of statement.....

"Funny. In a couple of years the 03/04 will be even cheaper, while the Mach will likely increase -Not a very wise decision young grasshopper. "

Once again a statement that has no bearing on the current arguement.. If i bought a car for simple resale value i wouldnt buy a mustang. And this concept has absolutely nothing to do with my previous statement to afixer.. Plz get it togther.

Someone plz help this guy. At first i was enjoying a friendly adult converation with Afixer now i'm trying to lead you along to a coherent debating process statement-conclusion somehting you so far havent realized.

Happily awaiting the next statment that has little or nothing to do with this conversation.
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
The point is why buy a V6 if you intend to dump 3k+ in GT clone parts on it. Why not just buy a GT since the price will end up very close to one another.

I have yet to see a 05+ Gt with any GT500 look alike parts even if i did i would understand more since the price between the 2 models is such that most(not all) cant afford one while the same cant be said for the V6-Gt comparison. Even with that statement i dont support any cloning. I do however support customizing.

Ok coyote when you can make a complete arguement and not 3 random statements that have no relevance with the topic at hand we can continue our conversation.

At least Afixer had complete thoughts about the topic at hand a brought some valuable points to the conversation.

And yes i agree the S197 is a retro look that was taken from an earlier model.. WHos disputing that. To call someone dumb you cant even put togther a coherent arguement. And that comparison is flawed to this arguement. No problem in makeing a new model taking design ques from the past that is not cloning a clone is as close to an exact replica as possible. Are you really that slow to make that kind of statement.....

"Funny. In a couple of years the 03/04 will be even cheaper, while the Mach will likely increase -Not a very wise decision young grasshopper. "

Once again a statement that has no bearing on the current arguement.. If i bought a car for simple resale value i wouldnt buy a mustang. And this concept has absolutely nothing to do with my previous statement to afixer.. Plz get it togther.

Someone plz help this guy. At first i was enjoying a friendly adult converation with Afixer now i'm trying to lead you along to a coherent debating process statement-conclusion somehting you so far havent realized.

Happily awaiting the next statment that has little or nothing to do with this conversation.
1) Wondering where are all these GT clones -what specifically are you talking about? There isn't much to take from a GT when you have a six! The only things that I would think about using are the sway-bar and the exhaust. Everything else is crap -you get better/lighter equipment from SVT/Ford Racing . ..

2) Do you have a pic of your car?

3) Where is the "GT Clone-ness" on Afixers car?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page