How Do You V6 Guys Take The Heat?!?! - Page 29 - Ford Mustang Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
S197 Member
 
Blk06GT's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 58
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by afixer
you said it yourself delux when i bought a premium also the gts have come down alot since i bought mine due to the fact the the appeal has also gone down. most all the mods i have done would have also been done on a gt if i owned it.
Thats cool i can understand your position. I simply dont understand those that buy a V6 with the intention of spending quite a bit of mony on turning it into a GT clone. I can understand that when the Gt's came out when you bought yours it was more price effective to do what you have done.

Blk06GT is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
nghtrnnr
Guest
 
nghtrnnr's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk06GT
Ok i'm failing to see what your trying to debate me on..Are you talkin about Gt owners cloning Cobras? Aside from a few s197's having cobra rims i dunno of any cloning with this model. And i dont agree with cloning anyway so im not sure what your point on that is.

If you are tryin to make a general statement that a terminator will beat my Gt.. then i say ok i'm fine with that. It's a car designed to move. If that is your statement then i say to you a honda accord will beat you. So whats your point..And who is ripping of shelby's and Mach 1's....Plz in the future have some relavance to what you are saying. My 8 year old niece can make unrelated general statements that have nothing to do with each other. Plz focus your arguement.

ANd on a side note if you pay 32k for a Mach.. your not to smart you can grab 04 Cobras for less than that.
chuckle chuckle.....welcome to my hell blk06gt....trying to debate the sixers and their champion coyote will only give ya a headache.goodluck

S197 Member
 
Blk06GT's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 58
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nghtrnnr
chuckle chuckle.....welcome to my hell blk06gt....trying to debate the sixers and their champion coyote will only give ya a headache.goodluck
Yea it would be one thing if what he said made sence or even followed some kind organized arguement but he's all over the place.
Blk06GT is offline  
 
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member
 
kscoyote's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Topeka
Posts: 11,432
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk06GT
Yea it would be one thing if what he said made sence or even followed some kind organized arguement but he's all over the place.
Let me make it clear for you -using small words and short sentences:

1) GTers clone as much or more than sixers.

2) the S197 is a clone. For the price you could buy a genuine article (that means the REAL CAR).

3) There isn't that much to take off a GT. Most of the equipment is junk (that means, they are going to swap the engine, transmission, suspension and brakes with better equipment). That's why all Saleens, Roushes, Steedas, etc start out a Sixers.

4) Given the above, I don't see that many 6 clones. You can look at the membership here. but most sixers are one-off modifiers (that means they put together their own custom parts based on their performance potential). You won't find two that are exactly the same at many car shows. While you WILL find several GTs that are exactly the same.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
kscoyote is offline  
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member
 
kj_cinci's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 5,003
 
To all his own... yes, even the Civic drivers... I'm sure they're having fun too...

KJ, poorer but happier

Thanks to:
Modular Depot
Fox Lake Racing
Tunable Induction
Power House 411
Sun Coast Creations
kj_cinci is offline  
Apprentice
 
Wolfpac's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 95
 
I'm just pissed off that the GT V8 is about as weak as the G35 V6 in terms of HP.
Wolfpac is offline  
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member
 
kscoyote's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Topeka
Posts: 11,432
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk06GT
The point is why buy a V6 if you intend to dump 3k+ in GT clone parts on it. Why not just buy a GT since the price will end up very close to one another.
I still don't see the 3K+ in GT parts . . .I see a few hundred dollars in GT parts, some Ford Racing Mustang Parts, and some Custom Mustang Parts, and paint.

Where's the 3K?

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
kscoyote is offline  
S197 Member
 
Blk06GT's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 58
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kscoyote
Let me make it clear for you -using small words and short sentences:

1) GTers clone as much or more than sixers.

2) the S197 is a clone. For the price you could buy a genuine article (that means the REAL CAR).

3) There isn't that much to take off a GT. Most of the equipment is junk (that means, they are going to swap the engine, transmission, suspension and brakes with better equipment). That's why all Saleens, Roushes, Steedas, etc start out a Sixers.

4) Given the above, I don't see that many 6 clones. You can look at the membership here. but most sixers are one-off modifiers (that means they put together their own custom parts). You won't find two that are exactly the same at many car shows. While you WILL find several GTs that are exactly the same.
Sigh.. Once again your off topic...
But for the sake of argueing ok..

1. Your statement while purely opinion is false. Pure number say since there are more V6's(by far) than Gt's there would be more Clonin/customizing being done by V'6s... I have never argued that i liked Gt cloning....So plz get that straight. Stop debating me on arguements i havent made...WHile now that we are on the subject i can understand y more GT's clone than V6's. I could understand even more with the current mode due to the Much larger price gap between the GT's and GT500's. A gap which most cannot over come while the same is not true for the V6. So stop argueing me on the point of gt vs v6's cloning i do not support either.

2. The S197 is not a clone...Ive been civil up till now but if you cant see that basic point then your a total idiot. A clone is an exact to almost exact with minor differences. If you dont understand that then you really need help. The 2005+ GT is a clone of NO car. A V6 can clone a GT or GT500. A Gt can clone a V6 or GT500. A GT can NOT clone its self. There is nothing to clone except maybe color rims and spoiler or no spoiler.t match another oneusands of other s197 Gt's out there that look a like. In that case every single Gt would look a like and that just makes no sence. This model is simply a model designed with retro theme. Your whole statement here is subpar and needs rethinging on your part. You are 100% wrong . The only way you can be right is to produce a 60's version of this GT with the exact same dimensions, materials, etc... I hope you do not take this level of comprehension with you to your place of employement. You sir are lacking in this department.

3. And your statement that Roush/Saleen/steeda designed their stuff for V6'ers HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Show me. GO to ther site...Thier stuff was designed for a GT with an optional adaptation for a V^ if the customer wants. This arguements is even more stupid than the last. They are for performance which is the more performance engine the 6 or the 8.. If you say 6 you need to sell you car and buy a honda. I have yet to see a v6 steeda/roush/saleen for sale on dealer lot 100% of the 8 i have seen are all GT's..

4. You dont see that many 6 clones.. I think you need to go to the almost dead V6 section and see how many posts or topics are about will the GT this or that fit us...blah blah blah..


You really need to comprehend what you read and say.. Someone plz step in and take over for this guy.. Its 1 thing to talk to me about facts or even opinions that make sence but its another to just talke out your butt. Plz stop.
Blk06GT is offline  
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member
 
kscoyote's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Topeka
Posts: 11,432
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk06GT
Sigh.. Once again your off topic...
But for the sake of argueing ok..

1. Your statement while purely opinion is false. Pure number say since there are more V6's(by far) than Gt's there would be more Clonin/customizing being done by V'6s... I have never argued that i liked Gt cloning....So plz get that straight. Stop debating me on arguements i havent made...WHile now that we are on the subject i can understand y more GT's clone than V6's. I could understand even more with the current mode due to the Much larger price gap between the GT's and GT500's. A gap which most cannot over come while the same is not true for the V6. So stop argueing me on the point of gt vs v6's cloning i do not support either.

2. The S197 is not a clone...Ive been civil up till now but if you cant see that basic point then your a total idiot. A clone is an exact to almost exact with minor differences. If you dont understand that then you really need help. The 2005+ GT is a clone of NO car. A V6 can clone a GT or GT500. A Gt can clone a V6 or GT500. A GT can NOT clone its self. There is nothing to clone except maybe color rims and spoiler or no spoiler.t match another oneusands of other s197 Gt's out there that look a like. In that case every single Gt would look a like and that just makes no sence. This model is simply a model designed with retro theme. Your whole statement here is subpar and needs rethinging on your part. You are 100% wrong . The only way you can be right is to produce a 60's version of this GT with the exact same dimensions, materials, etc... I hope you do not take this level of comprehension with you to your place of employement. You sir are lacking in this department.

3. And your statement that Roush/Saleen/steeda designed their stuff for V6'ers HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Show me. GO to ther site...Thier stuff was designed for a GT with an optional adaptation for a V^ if the customer wants. This arguements is even more stupid than the last. They are for performance which is the more performance engine the 6 or the 8.. If you say 6 you need to sell you car and buy a honda. I have yet to see a v6 steeda/roush/saleen for sale on dealer lot 100% of the 8 i have seen are all GT's..

4. You dont see that many 6 clones.. I think you need to go to the almost dead V6 section and see how many posts or topics are about will the GT this or that fit us...blah blah blah..


You really need to comprehend what you read and say.. Someone plz step in and take over for this guy.. Its 1 thing to talk to me about facts or even opinions that make sence but its another to just talke out your butt. Plz stop.
1) Now let's have a look at your car.

2) because an EXACT clone wouldn't be street legal, now would it? Tell me what those louvers y'all get hard-on for look like? those wheels? The roofline? puhleeze.

3) check again what they're purchasing. The LARGEST supplier of GT Takeoffs is Saleen. Call 'em up yourself. The only GT work Roush does is the Stage 1 -which is only body cladding, and a few tweaks. Stage 2 & 3s start out as sixers. If you're going to use a 5.4, why pay for a 4.6?

4) go ahead, prove it.

5) I've never seen a GT that looks like Afixers car. Have you?

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
kscoyote is offline  
S197 Member
 
Blk06GT's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 58
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kscoyote
1) Now let's have a look at your car.

2) because an EXACT clone wouldn't be street legal, now would it? Tell me what those louvers y'all get hard-on for look like? those wheels? The roofline? puhleeze.

3) check again what they're purchasing. The LARGEST supplier of GT Takeoffs is Saleen. Call 'em up yourself. The only GT work Roush does is the Stage 1 -which is only body cladding, and a few tweaks. Stage 2 & 3s start out as sixers. If you're going to use a 5.4, why pay for a 4.6?

4) go ahead, prove it.

5) I've never seen a GT that looks like Afixers car. Have you?
Ok i get it now your a troll.
Blk06GT is offline  
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member
 
kscoyote's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Topeka
Posts: 11,432
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kscoyote
I still don't see the 3K+ in GT parts . . .I see a few hundred dollars in GT parts, some Ford Racing Mustang Parts, and some Custom Mustang Parts, and paint.

Where's the 3K?
Still waiting. That's an expensive exhaust system for 3K.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
kscoyote is offline  
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member
 
kj_cinci's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 5,003
 
Oh scheeeze... you guys... get a job! To all his own!

Funny though how the V6s wanna be GTs and GTs wanna be Cobras... I'm saying in general... I have not yet seen a S197 4.0 Eleanor wanna be...

I like 'Euro Racer' [large] wheels and a low stance... maybe rice to some... I laugh at GTs with Cobras on them, I laugh at V6s with GT logos on them... but that's me and my car, my opinion... to all his own!!

KJ, poorer but happier

Thanks to:
Modular Depot
Fox Lake Racing
Tunable Induction
Power House 411
Sun Coast Creations
kj_cinci is offline  
S197 Member
 
Blk06GT's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 58
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kscoyote
1) Now let's have a look at your car.

2) because an EXACT clone wouldn't be street legal, now would it? Tell me what those louvers y'all get hard-on for look like? those wheels? The roofline? puhleeze.

3) check again what they're purchasing. The LARGEST supplier of GT Takeoffs is Saleen. Call 'em up yourself. The only GT work Roush does is the Stage 1 -which is only body cladding, and a few tweaks. Stage 2 & 3s start out as sixers. If you're going to use a 5.4, why pay for a 4.6?

4) go ahead, prove it.

5) I've never seen a GT that looks like Afixers car. Have you?
1. Sure drool at is its a Black )6 Vert.. WIsh you had one dont you.
2. Not a clone dummy. NIce try though
3.You are wrong. prove it. REally wrong at that.
4/5. Look at a fixer while i like his car its just a GT with black stripes..And the V6 section is near dead.. at least on this forum on the others its bustleing with the lasted GT cloning info.

oohhh i get it now your a forum troll
Blk06GT is offline  
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member
 
kscoyote's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Topeka
Posts: 11,432
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk06GT
Ok i get it now your a troll.
I'm a troll with 10,000 posts? that's been on this site longer than anyone on this thread?

Whose restomodded since getting my license in 1985?

You're getting loopy, man.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
kscoyote is offline  
S197 Member
 
Blk06GT's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 58
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj_cinci
Oh scheeeze... you guys... get a job! To all his own!

Funny though how the V6s wanna be GTs and GTs wanna be Cobras... I'm saying in general... I have not yet seen a S197 4.0 Eleanor wanna be...

I like 'Euro Racer' [large] wheels and a low stance... maybe rice to some... I laugh at GTs with Cobras on them, I laugh at V6s with GT logos on them... but that's me and my car, my opinion... to all his own!!
Hehe i am at work. I only post when im at work passing time.

Blk06GT is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Where did you guys get your avatars? Chowder Head Fun Zone 93 10-01-2010 06:34 PM
Question to all you 5.0 windsor guys... 5.0L Tech 3 01-11-2002 10:47 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1