How Do You V6 Guys Take The Heat?!?! - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorv22
By explaining multiple times, in a slow manner of speech, that I am a high school junior, am lucky to even have a 6, and while I have 2k worth of mods on there, it still isn't close to what a GT would have cost. My parents were willing to pay $15k on a car for me. I had to pay $8000 of the car originally, I couldn't have put up another 10 for the GT. And, by the time I'm done modding the car, it'll still be less expensive than a stock GT, and look the way I want it to.

Besides, even if I had the money, the ford dealership near us wouldn't have sold me a GT. Not because of availability issues, but because the saleswoman I bought the car from was firmly against giving a 300hp car to a 16 year old. I can respect that. Even after a year driving this car, I still make careless errors. I'm a better driver than most of my peers, and I'd be scared if they were running around in cars that fast.

Besides, since I am around highschoolers, I can usually just point out, "It's better than the POS you drive."
You are fortunate to have a cool car.My step dad got me my first car for high school,a 67 Galaxie 500hdtp. w/390. that was back in 73'.I bet your v-6 has as much power as that old tank considering your power to weight ratio.
Its hard to believe that sales person would have the nerve to talk you out a V-8 car because of your age.You can never have a enough power.The first car I taught my son to drive was a 67'Coronet R/T 440 car with 3:90 gears.I did restore a 74'Ventura GTO with a 455 for his high grad. present and he still owms that today after 12 years.Funny though, his new ride is a new V-6 Mustang and loves the fuel economy.
Whats cool about your Mustang is all the memories you'll have about it.You can tell your grandkids about it when cars of the future will prolly be electric/battery or solar powered.

98'GT Rio Red
Loaded opts. from the factory
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

S197 Member

I just take them out back and rip them apart from light to light... shuts them all up real fast 0-60 mid to high 4's baby

Here's a sneak peak @ 3/4 throttle - http://media.putfile.com/Movie-78-52

V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTLM4LIFE
thanx nightrunner..r u kiddin me snogoldi.. when it comes down to this argument, u get what u pay 4..of course a gt cost more than a v6!...but why would you buy a v6 and dump tons of cash into it to make it look and sound like a gt??..i know some of you have financial constraints..but don't u guys with the stripes, louvers, dual exhaust, short throw shiftin v6ers even try to front in this forum..all us gter's know it's just penis envy..face it, ours is just bigger than yours..you can give me all the "size don't matter" crap..but it just gets you..and your tired of hearing it already..that is the point of this thread..how do you take the abuse!?!?
I think the only one with penis envy around here is you!

Get over yourself. Some of us who have 6's don't have this 'abuse' problem you are trying to put on them. Because we do not associate with people like you that live in this delusional world that becasue my car has more HP is is better than yours.

We all enjoy cars that is why we do this stuff. Just because we like and do different things doesn't mean one is better than the other just different.

OK I'm done.

S197 Member

Here we go.......

Ding Ding
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sincitystang
I know fords new V6 engines in their Fusions are making more horses than the 4.0 motor in the stang. I think that v6 in the fusion is more like the mazda v6 they are putting in those cars. Maybe the V6 stang will get that engine in the future.
Off topic here, but I thought I would mention this. I own a '06 Fusion with the 3.0L V6, putting out about 221 hp; however, I am not overly impressed with it. Yes it puts out more horses than the 4.0L V6 of the Mustang, but it has a severe throttle lag and utterly lacks acceleration. I am hoping to find a SCT XCal2 tuner (or somehting similar) to eliminate or reduce that throttle lag. Overall it is a nice car, but it does not have the hp or the acceleration of the Mazada 6, and I am pretty sure the V6 Mustang (without mods) can easily take it. The funny thing is when I went ot buy the Fusion, the local Ford dealer was offering $5k off MSRP of ALL Mustangs, and I was truly tempted to buy a California Edition Mustang (a V6 with some nice options, like limited number, racing stripes, 17" wheels, unique trunk emblem, pony package front end, etc.). I already own a GT Vert, so this CE would have been my commuter car, to replace my Eclipse GT. But inthe end, the practicality of a 4-dour sedan (I have teenagers) won out over the coolness of being a two Stang owner. In hindsight, I wish I went for the Stang.
nghtrnnr

lets be honest kids...if some rich guy came to ya and said i'll buy ya a mustang ,how many of ya would say,"sir...i'd like a v6"...

I call BS

Quote:
Originally Posted by nghtrnnr
lets be honest kids...if some rich guy came to ya and said i'll buy ya a mustang ,how many of ya would say,"sir...i'd like a v6"...
Um, but the point is that some rich dude did NOT buy my car, I did. Don't get me wrong here, I love mustangs a LOT, but if some rich dude was gonna buy me a car, I probably wouldn't want a ford at all...

God, why is it so difficult to figure this one out. I bought the car I wanted, sometimes I think I shoulda got the GT, but ALSO I am quite happy with my V6, so stop sh1tting on my parade, OK?

Damn sometimes you guys just don't get it. What's it gonna take to get you to stop asking stupid questions like that?
Apprentice
Classic Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nghtrnnr
25000=
33600=:kooky: :kooky: :kooky: :kooky: :kooky: :kooky:

heh heh i had to put that out there.
I buy a car for these reasons:

1. Looks (my pony looks just as good as your GT, in my opinion better)

2. Performance ( I average 30 MPH going to work, why do I need a 300hp car? )

3. Reliability (It’s a "Ford" 79 Mustang worse car I have ever owned)

4. Cost ($8600 less)

5. Insurance costs (A little less)

6. Gas (A little less)

I have had only positive comments about my 2006 Mustang with the V6 Pony Package. The only negative comments are coming from GT owners on this forum. You Guys should be Ashamed!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6_Mustang 2006.JPG.JPG
Views:	92
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	16329  

1964.5 Coupe V8, 1965 GT Coupe V8, 1979 5.0 Fastback & Sweet V6
post #39 of 526 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

EZ NOW V6ERS..i think this thread has struck a bone...lets not get personal though.....i just love starting controversial topics...maybe we should just go back to the look at my car topics so noone gets their panties in a bunch...oh! did i say panties , sorry v6ers..just kidding..geez!

06 GT PREMIUM Manual, 18's, Hurst billet, Webelectric sequentials, painted 10" stripes, Cervini KR500 hood w/functional ram air kit, K&N air filter, Cervini side exhaust, chin spoiler, hood struts, rear ducktail, quarter panel scoops, and quarter window scoops, Midweat Auto Gear strut tower covers, 1/2 mirror covers, and fuel rail covers. Pioneer touch screeen head unit w/blue tooth, dvd & sirius.Also haves: 1969 Lemans & 1968 Firebird.
nghtrnnr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssoss
Um, but the point is that some rich dude did NOT buy my car, I did. Don't get me wrong here, I love mustangs a LOT, but if some rich dude was gonna buy me a car, I probably wouldn't want a ford at all...

God, why is it so difficult to figure this one out. I bought the car I wanted, sometimes I think I shoulda got the GT, but ALSO I am quite happy with my V6, so stop sh1tting on my parade, OK?

Damn sometimes you guys just don't get it. What's it gonna take to get you to stop asking stupid questions like that?
startin to get pissed...read my quote sparky before you quote it...i said if some rich guy was gonna buy you a mustang...not some rich was gonna buy you any car...when the hell did i **** on your parade anyway...did you read anywhere where i said the v6 was a bad car..? stop being such a lil ***** and admit that the gt is the upgraded model...it says so in the brochure jacknuts.thats the only thing i said and thats a fact...in no way did i ever down the v6 you sensitive lil *****..dont ever call one of my questions stupid

Very easy. I paid alot less for my V6 plus the supercharger, than the GT, and I have more horsepower. I also have lower insurance premiums by not having a GT.
Apprentice
Classic Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by new stang owner
Very easy. I paid alot less for my V6 plus the supercharger, than the GT, and I have more horsepower. I also have lower insurance premiums by not having a GT.
MAKES SENSE TO ME :thumbsup

1964.5 Coupe V8, 1965 GT Coupe V8, 1979 5.0 Fastback & Sweet V6
nghtrnnr

Quote:
Originally Posted by snogoldi
I buy a car for these reasons:

1. Looks (my pony goods just as good as your GT, in my opinion better)

2. Performance ( I average 30 MPH going to work, why do I need a 300hp car? )

3. Reliability (It’s a "Ford" 79 Mustang worse car I have ever owned)

4. Cost ($8600 less)

5. Insurance costs (A little less)

6. Gas (A little less)

I have had only positive comments about my 2006 Mustang with the V6 Pony Package. The only negative comments are coming from GT owners on this forum. You Guys should be Ashamed!!!
oops i almost forgot about this one...look snogoldi, i gave the v6 a buncha smileys..i didnt say it was a bad car but since you chose to reply to my innocent smiley faces with a nghtrnnr attack..here we go

1.you got it cause looks are better? its the same body guy...so i guess i have to laugh
2.you got it for performance? i dont know what to say to that one..i'll let the other gt guys tell you what to do with 300 hp
3.you got it for reliabilty? its a new model...only time will tell brother..lets be real
4.5.6 hmmm all those points make me wonder why you didnt buy a sentra
...guys dont use my quotes to illustrate attacks on your v6s...never have you read anywhere that nghtrnnr attacks the mustang v6...i own one remember...i have 2 mustangs...gt and v6...the v6 is a cool car...get off the high horse...i'm a fan of every mustang and mustang owner

ps..the title of this thread was "how do you v6 guys take the heat" answer....not very goddamn well
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTLM4LIFE
EZ NOW V6ERS..i think this thread has struck a bone...lets not get personal though.....i just love starting controversial topics...maybe we should just go back to the look at my car topics so noone gets their panties in a bunch...oh! did i say panties , sorry v6ers..just kidding..geez!
No one started getting personal until YOU.... started the penis envy crap! So why don't you think about what you are talking about before you type it.

So far you have just proven why you play poker with the group you do. You seem to have the same small minded mentality that you started this discussion with.
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by new stang owner
really? I know very little about supercharges, so what kind of hp are you running? Will you kind of supercharger work on any V6 (I am thinking myabe my Fusion could use an upgrade)?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page