How Do You V6 Guys Take The Heat?!?! - Page 32 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
nghtrnnr

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscoyote
And you're gonna' get that reliably with stock internals? How far have you gotten so far?

The Chevy monkeys claimed the same thing. They'd make all kinds of claims about hp, displacement, engine size, whatever. Most of the time the parts they chose didn't work together very well. They'd put together a torque moster and run short gears, but they'd put huge rubber on the back that destroyed their advantage. They'd put together a high rpm engine that couldn't hook without killing the engine. Even IF they put togehter a good engine 9/10 times we'd beat 'em because they never thought of the whole package. So yeah, you can put together a 600hp car, but it'd still be beatable by a 400hp six. I have no doubt about it.

I beat several 500hp rat motors with my 350hp 302.

1) you've got to get it to the ground -and in a straight line.

2) it's gotta be reliable, run after run.

3) My car only weighed 2300 lbs -less than civics nowadays -stock it weighed 2700 lbs -still less than a Civic Si.

The HondaHeads didn't prove there was a replacement for displacement, the 5.0Lers did.

The 05 Six forums were only recently split from general six forums, I think it was last week. You didn't ask how 05 6ers handle the heat, you asked all us sixers.
no....kscoyote....i....wouldnt....do....it....with ....stock....internals....i....would....MOD....the m....cause....the....v8....engine....can....take.. ..more....M O D D I N G....than....the....v6....engine.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nghtrnnr
no....kscoyote....i....wouldnt....do....it....with ....stock....internals....i....would....MOD....the m....cause....the....v8....engine....can....take.. ..more....M O D D I N G....than....the....v6....engine.
And how are you going to replace the internals? In the engine bay?

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
moddin doesnt mean you yank an engine everytime...in fact...yankin an engine isnt moddin at all...moddin means makin your car better..you know...modification and all that.....
I'm still trying to undertand this fragment . .. .

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17

nghtrnnr

Quote:
I can't imagine a 34 year old man with so little to lose that he'd hang with the kids who don't know any better. It's sad.

************************************************** ******************************

And you're gonna' get that reliably with stock internals? How far have you gotten so far? You reeeaaally think you're gonna get 600hp without pulling the engine? you might ask someone who's actually built a car about that.

The Chevy monkeys claimed the same thing. They'd make all kinds of claims about hp, displacement, engine size, whatever. Most of the time the parts they chose didn't work together very well. They'd put together a torque moster and run short gears, but they'd put huge rubber on the back that destroyed their advantage. They'd put together a high rpm engine that couldn't hook without killing the engine. Even IF they put togehter a good engine 9/10 times we'd beat 'em because they never thought of the whole package. So yeah, you can put together a 600hp car, but it'd still be beatable by a 400hp six. I have no doubt about it.

I beat several 500hp rat motors with my 350hp 302.

1) you've got to get it to the ground -and in a straight line.

2) it's gotta be reliable, run after run.

3) My car only weighed 2300 lbs -less than civics nowadays -stock it weighed 2700 lbs -still less than a Civic Si.

The HondaHeads didn't prove there was a replacement for displacement, the 5.0Lers did.

The 05 Six forums were only recently split from general six forums, I think it was last week. You didn't ask how 05 6ers handle the heat, you asked all us sixers.
changed that quote a bit didya?...kscoyote...well...i guess i should address the recently added first sentence yet again mentioning the streetracin thing...first off i should say i thought we were debatin how v6 guys take the heat but okay since you are obsessed with my streetracin life...pay attention now...THERE IS A WHOLE SUBCULTURE AROUND YOU FILLED WITH BIKERS AND DRIVERS WHO RACE IN THE STREET...WE MOD OUR CARS TO BE FASTER THAN THE NEXT GUY AND THEN SHOW THEM OFF IN COMPETITONS IN SECRET PARTS OF NEIGHBORHOODS LATE AT NIGHT AND SOMETIMES DURING THE DAY...PEOPLE OF ALL AGES ARE THERE....16YR OLDS...20YR OLDS..30 YR OLDS...40 YR OLDS...50 YR OLDS....AND YES...CHANCES ARE THE GIRL YOU PEEK OUT YOUR WINDOW AT WILL BE THERE TOO YOU SICK FREAK YOU... you have to get a hobby buddy...i build computers....i travel(mostly in my stang)i drink more than i should...i boink the girls stuffy guys like you dream about...get out and live a little coyote...you know what? if you wanna come with me and check out the midnight club let me know...i'll introduce ya to a few gals with no waist...big hooters and a round ol' booty...we can race down the middle a few times...all fun...bring one of them classic cars ya got.theres a spot tonight i'm gonna race in the bronx...short notice i know...but next week on the island...you should go bro

pm me
nghtrnnr

Quote:
I'm still trying to undertand this fragment . .. .
it means you dont have to yank an engine or throw it away to mod a car einstein
nghtrnnr

9pm...i'm going to a strip joint/bar called "als wedge"i'm going to slap ass squeeze hooters and drink till they throw me out...then if i'm feeling particularly irresponsible i'm going to proceed with my chevymonkey friends to the empty warehouse district and mingle with the ricers...watch them embarass themselves and try to boink a race groupie on the hood of a guy named brandons camaro cause noone touches my mustang. yes kscoyote there is no end to my immaturity...wanna go next week?
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
changed that quote a bit didya?...kscoyote...well...i guess i should address the recently added first sentence yet again mentioning the streetracin thing...first off i should say i thought we were debatin how v6 guys take the heat but okay since you are obsessed with my streetracin life...pay attention now...THERE IS A WHOLE SUBCULTURE AROUND YOU FILLED WITH BIKERS AND DRIVERS WHO RACE IN THE STREET...WE MOD OUR CARS TO BE FASTER THAN THE NEXT GUY AND THEN SHOW THEM OFF IN COMPETITONS IN SECRET PARTS OF NEIGHBORHOODS LATE AT NIGHT AND SOMETIMES DURING THE DAY...PEOPLE OF ALL AGES ARE THERE....16YR OLDS...20YR OLDS..30 YR OLDS...40 YR OLDS...50 YR OLDS....AND YES...CHANCES ARE THE GIRL YOU PEEK OUT YOUR WINDOW AT WILL BE THERE TOO YOU SICK FREAK YOU... you have to get a hobby buddy...i build computers....i travel(mostly in my stang)i drink more than i should...i boink the girls stuffy guys like you dream about...get out and live a little coyote...you know what? if you wanna come with me and check out the midnight club let me know...i'll introduce ya to a few gals with no waist...big hooters and a round ol' booty...we can race down the middle a few times...all fun...bring one of them classic cars ya got.theres a spot tonight i'm gonna race in the bronx...short notice i know...but next week on the island...you should go bro

pm me
Sorry, Got a son to take care of, his college fund, a mortgage and a wife who used to be a Bunny.

Don't need no street ho's.

SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
it means you dont have to yank an engine or throw it away to mod a car einstein
If it's got an iron block, its a boat anchor -toss it.

Once you toss the block what's left? rotating asembly -nope, don't need that. Heads, nope don't need that either . . . Intake, nope.

Accessories?

yeah. But I generally take off the Power Steering at a minimum. SO what's left that I need? Alternator & bracket, Water Pump, Air Conditioning.

Yep that's what I paid $10000 for -some accessories.

SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

You guys are geting silly now...

I'd luv for my car to look like a V6, but I'm not going to pay for it it spend time on it.

My car was about 5K more than a 4.0, those 5K was well worth for the power to play around with some basic mods first year... not to mention how much easier it is when you allready have some strenght in your drivetrain...

Streetracing is probably very dangerous... and illigal...

Hope you don't drink and drive nghtrnnr...

Oh well... Good night!

KJ, poorer but happier

Thanks to:
Modular Depot
Fox Lake Racing
Tunable Induction
Power House 411
Sun Coast Creations
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj_cinci
You guys are geting silly now...

I'd luv for my car to look like a V6, but I'm not going to pay for it it spend time on it.

My car was about 5K more than a 4.0, those 5K was well worth for the power to play around with some basic mods first year... not to mention how much easier it is when you allready have some strenght in your drivetrain...

Streetracing is probably very dangerous... and illigal...

Hope you don't drink and drive nghtrnnr...

Oh well... Good night!
Like I said, my plans were for an aluminum blocked 302, a six speed, and an SVT IRS. There wasn't anything in a GT I needed.

Didn't want the 4.6, didn't want the 5 speed, and didn't want the stick-axle. Didn't want the seats -planned on deleting the rear seats (It's coming up after I finish with the chassis -still looking for 2 parts, a Kenny Brown [now engineered performance] rear strut tower brace and the last under chassis brace) -but brakes may move up on the list . . ..

Of course, now that I've decided to stick with the 3.8L, I may have to source an Aisin 6-speed and fabricate a bellhousing . . .

SHELBY GT 500 Member

Quote:
Like I said, my plans were for an aluminum blocked 302, a six speed, and an SVT IRS. There wasn't anything in a GT I needed.

Didn't want the 4.6, didn't want the 5 speed, and didn't want the stick-axle. Didn't want the seats -planned on deleting the rear seats (It's coming up after I finish with the chassis -still looking for 2 parts, a Kenny Brown [now engineered performance] rear strut tower brace and the last under chassis brace) -but brakes may move up on the list . . ..

Of course, now that I've decided to stick with the 3.8L, I may have to source an Aisin 6-speed and fabricate a bellhousing . . .
I believe this is what your aiming for

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	car.gif
Views:	45
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	16918  

AFM Site Administrator
2006 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT Manual.
Alpine H/U with Infinity speakers.
Powerhouse CAI and Tune.
Previous Mustangs:
1978 2.8 L, 1979 5.0, 1982 5.0 "HO", 1986 5.0 GT

Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcfrisch
I believe this is what your aiming for
ha-ha! Pretty good! Dual Powertrain?

:thumbsup

V6 Member
S197 Member

What heat? ALL I've gotten is respect and admiration! AND good mileage to boot! My reason for buying a V6? Money! LOLO! Couldn't afford the GT at the time!
S197 Member

Dammit let this thread die
Apprentice
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Mustang concept
I dont mind having the V6, where I live at is alot of civics and acuras. So when we all pull up in our stang i get most of the races cause they dont want to race v8

2014 mustang 5.0, side louver, fp8 package, recaro race seats
My mods: BMR lower control arms and relocation brackets, koni yellow adjustable struts, steeda heavy duty mounts, steeda panhard bar, steeda sport springs, Flow master outlaw cat backs, air raid synthamax cold air intake, SCT x4 tuner with Bama tunes, black emblems, black GT fuel door, illuminating door sills, raxiom smoked fog lights, 3.73 gears, JLT oil separator, GT 500 spoiler, MMD hood struts...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page