How Do You V6 Guys Take The Heat?!?! - Page 33 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice
S197 Member

Wow! How can a thread about V6 hate create so much traffic? Me, I just show up at car shows, compete against GT's, and sometimes Bullitt's, Mach 1's and even a Roush once. Some get an attitude about my car being a 6, but most of the time I take home a trophy. That usually shuts them up. Somebody's always going to be faster at the track no matter what you have.

Pony Ride 2 - 2007 Grabber Orange GT Premium with 5-speed manual transmission
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

S197 Member

Heat

This cracks me up!!! I have owned 2 - V6 in the last 2 years... The guys at work always pitched me **** about my V6. The one dude drives two beat up fords, a bronco II with a V6 and a Ford Ranger with a V6... One day in front of a customer I had to go off on him!!!

I was ok with the V6 cause I could not afford to drive a GT but I did some research, the gas milage is not that bad, my insurance was only going to go up $41 every 6 months, and little did I know you can actually buy one for 1k less then MSRP.

I stopped off at a dealer her locally to check out the new grabber orange GT and drove it, fell in love. However I did not want auto or the Shaker 1000 so I opted to pick up my 06 White GT. I am glad I did, its a totally different experience.

GT Member
S197 Member

How do you V-6 guys take the heat? not very well

'06---GT Deluxe 'Casper" IUP, shaker 500, auto, 17" bullitts, white/light graphite

retro '69 351 hood an scoop

"Hello America, you sick twisted freaks"

SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Depends... they have the same AC don't they?

PS. When I moved to the US in -96 I knew what university I was attending and that I was getting a 5.0 vert... took me until after it was stolen to realize I prefer AC... had the top down less than 10 times in four years, in Daytona Beach!!

KJ, poorer but happier

Thanks to:
Modular Depot
Fox Lake Racing
Tunable Induction
Power House 411
Sun Coast Creations
GT Member
S197 Member

Verts aren't all that they are ment to be, rather have a roadster with a removeable hard top like my '68 Vette Not knocking Verts but to many issues to deal with.....

'06---GT Deluxe 'Casper" IUP, shaker 500, auto, 17" bullitts, white/light graphite

SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Thinking SL 600 AMG actually any newr hard/ragg top V12 AMG!!!

KJ, poorer but happier

Thanks to:
Modular Depot
Fox Lake Racing
Tunable Induction
Power House 411
Sun Coast Creations
Apprentice

I'm just still pissed about how Infiniti's V6 engine can create about the same power as a Ford V8 engine.....
post #488 of 526 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

nnnooooooo! not again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

06 GT PREMIUM Manual, 18's, Hurst billet, Webelectric sequentials, painted 10" stripes, Cervini KR500 hood w/functional ram air kit, K&N air filter, Cervini side exhaust, chin spoiler, hood struts, rear ducktail, quarter panel scoops, and quarter window scoops, Midweat Auto Gear strut tower covers, 1/2 mirror covers, and fuel rail covers. Pioneer touch screeen head unit w/blue tooth, dvd & sirius.Also haves: 1969 Lemans & 1968 Firebird.
Apprentice

Yeah I mean, how do I take the heat? Exactly the same way Mustang GT guys handle the fact that Infiniti's V6 produces about the same power as the Ford V8's.
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpdoc
Verts aren't all that they are ment to be, rather have a roadster with a removeable hard top like my '68 Vette Not knocking Verts but to many issues to deal with.....
Ok Doc - I supported your humor in the "No Love" post but dragging this thread back and then bashing verts too??? - you're going DOWN :run_over:
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2horseowner
Ok Doc - I supported your humor in the "No Love" post but dragging this thread back and then bashing verts too??? - you're going DOWN :run_over:
C'mon 2 horse how can I knock verts when you get to parade around with all of the pretty girls riding on your back seat

S197 Member

Come on over to Orange Glen tonight. We're doing the Homecoming thing. There was supposed to be nine of us but one of the guys couldn't get off work. Know anybody with a vert who can stand in? We'll be having dinner at Dalton's around 5:30.
GT Member
S197 Member

Sorry, don't know of any verts, well that;s wrong my son-n-law has a Porsche vert. I'll see you at Dalton's

SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpdoc
How do you V-6 guys take the heat? not very well
I reckon since there aren't any 5.7Ls running around, we've gotta' form a circular firing squad.

We take the heat about as well as y'all did when the LS-X F-bodys were running around.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpac
Yeah I mean, how do I take the heat? Exactly the same way Mustang GT guys handle the fact that Infiniti's V6 produces about the same power as the Ford V8's.
The price is also a few K more.

AFM Site Administrator
2006 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT Manual.
Alpine H/U with Infinity speakers.
Powerhouse CAI and Tune.
Previous Mustangs:
1978 2.8 L, 1979 5.0, 1982 5.0 "HO", 1986 5.0 GT

Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page