How Do You V6 Guys Take The Heat?!?! - Page 34 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
nghtrnnr

i raced and beat a g35 the other night and afterwards we're talkin and his g35 cost around 42000....so what the hell? i dont feel cheated out of power at all

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

A base G35 is about 33K and that's still more loaded than a fully loaded Mustang GT. So yeah, I'm still pissed. Goddamn.... A V6 with about the same power as a V8..... I wonder how much asskicking it would be if Infiniti actually decided to use a V8 in that G35. But regardless..... I'm too busy being pissed off.

SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Uhh... here we're again... It is agreeable that a 4.6 can (and should?) make +300, and the same for a 4.0 at 210...

It is also agreeable that Fords are affordable cars. To buy, own, and in fuel (considering...)

I'm sure that Ford would love to (and CAN) give us more power but then you have cost (manufacturing and warranty), EPA, insurance (for ownership cost), fuel, fuel guzzler tax, etc...

The Infiniti buyer is not as conserned about the above so neighter is Nissan...

Some don't want a too plush car, some don't want the cost (car, insurance, fuel) of a V8, heck, some don't want a Mustang...!!!?

I don't care about fuel cost, I don't need AWD or FWD most of the time, I don't need a rear seat, I love Mustangs, especially the S197, I can afford the V8, I NEED a V8, my insurance cost is okay due to age, married, profession, clean record, etc... I'd love to have a McLaren F1, or a Ferrari, heck even a Viper or a Vette, oh, and yea the 500... but then cost comes in, plus I would not be modding those as freely and cost effectivly, and that is part of (moderate price) Mustang ownership FOR ME...

And that's key, what do you want, need, have enough $$ for? A V6 owner is a Mustang owner, like most GT owners would trade their GTs for a real GT, or Vette, or 500, or Ferrari... Most V6 owners would love to trade up but have their reasons for not...

What if a 500 owner posted how do you GT owners take the heat? I know I don't feel cheap for not beeing able to justify the money for a 500... and I think most V6 owners feel the same about our GTs...

It's all about YOU, YOUR WANTS and NEEDS and YOUR situation!!

KJ, poorer but happier

Thanks to:
Modular Depot
Fox Lake Racing
Tunable Induction
Power House 411
Sun Coast Creations

nghtrnnr

oh dont wory kj..i would have to be crazy to do the heat dance again..i dont do encores...and i cant believe this post is back...
Apprentice

Hey I'm just sayin.... besides, if you 'dont feel cheated out of power at all' then neither do I...... I'm just sayin that I'm pissed about the whole Infiniti V6 compared to the whole Ford V8 thing..... that's all....
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpac
A base G35 is about 33K and that's still more loaded than a fully loaded Mustang GT. So yeah, I'm still pissed. Goddamn.... A V6 with about the same power as a V8..... I wonder how much asskicking it would be if Infiniti actually decided to use a V8 in that G35. But regardless..... I'm too busy being pissed off.
Well find out pretty soon -they're coming out with the G-45 (4.5L V8) next year. And on top of that a Skyline.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
Apprentice

Well, shizzle me timbers! KScoyote, you just ruined my day... =..(.
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

http://www.racingflix.com/forum/foru...?TID=2957&PN=1

G45

http://forums.streetfire.net/showthread.php?t=1116

Rumored 450Z

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
Apprentice

KScoyote.... why you doing this to me on purpose? =..(. It's bad enough a V6 by Infiniti is about as powerful as a Ford V8 but now this?!?!?!?!? What the heaven, man?!?!?!?!?!? I'm putting this on my report.....
V6 Member

Hold on... you mean THE SKYLINE? Damn... that thing is going to OWN.
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Hyundai is also going to produce a V8 RWD coupe, hp numbers are supposed to be in mid 300hp range.

SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
KScoyote.... why you doing this to me on purpose? =..(. It's bad enough a V6 by Infiniti is about as powerful as a Ford V8 but now this?!?!?!?!? What the heaven, man?!?!?!?!?!? I'm putting this on my report.....
2008/2009 is going to be an interesting couple of years -that's when all the domestic and foreign ponies are going to crowd the pasture.

That's why the next Shelby is supposed to generate 600 hp.

Apprentice

There you go.... Alright! That's it! Everybody buy a Shelby! If you don't, then your Mustang GT is a poser Mustang! har har! Yeah! There you go V8's! That's how you take the heat!

I can't do that though.... I just bought a Vette on top of my V6 so I guess my V6 Mustang is a poser Mustang too. But that shouldn't stop you V8 guys! You guys need to represent and show them V6 Infiniti's that the Shelby V8's ain't no joke!

And remember: If you ain't got a Shelby, you're just a poser!
S197 Member

Quote:
There you go.... Alright! That's it! Everybody buy a Shelby! If you don't, then your Mustang GT is a poser Mustang! har har! Yeah! There you go V8's! That's how you take the heat!

I can't do that though.... I just bought a Vette on top of my V6 so I guess my V6 Mustang is a poser Mustang too. But that shouldn't stop you V8 guys! You guys need to represent and show them V6 Infiniti's that the Shelby V8's ain't no joke!

I think someone's upset they didnt get a GT ... But for the price of those imports i'd get a vette.
nghtrnnr

Quote:

mustang gt is a poser...? as jeb would say...the troll is back and desperate for attention

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page