How Do You V6 Guys Take The Heat?!?! - Page 35 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

Hey, I'm just wondering how GT guys take the heat about the whole Infiniti V6 thing just like you're wondering how V6 guys take the heat. I guess I'm 'trolling' as much as you are, huh?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

S197 Member

I have raced volvos audis and a v6 mustang, off the line, I left them all in the dust, they can't handle a GT with a 4:10 rear especially.....to bad for them ...

S197 Member

I have raced camaros , chargers, volvos and audis..I have left them all in the dust...especially with w 4: 10 rear.......lol....I did race and lose to a Goat, by 2 car lengths.........which considering the price and horsepower/torque I thought was more of a victory for me.....the driver and I talked afterward and he did admit his car is but ugly........The stang has “look at me “ styling….which should not be discounted, she’s a different breed, nothing “Japanese or Europe:” in her bloodlines at all…..the goat did have real bucket seats and a nice instrument layout and appointments,. but I’ll never give up my stang just for that….the rest are wanna be’s.

nghtrnnr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpac
Hey, I'm just wondering how GT guys take the heat about the whole Infiniti V6 thing just like you're wondering how V6 guys take the heat. I guess I'm 'trolling' as much as you are, huh?
yeah i must be trolling cause i started the thread...wolfpac knows cars like he can read...pumpdoc we owe you for rezzing this thread...and apparently rezzing wolfpac with it...he hadnt posted anything since this thread died and now hes back with his chop sockey ricer figures wondering the same old stuff about infinitys beating the weak mustang gt...sigh...i'm ignoring this thread so that he goes bye bye back under the bridge and waits for the billy goats gruff
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nghtrnnr
yeah i must be trolling cause i started the thread...wolfpac knows cars like he can read...pumpdoc we owe you for rezzing this thread...and apparently rezzing wolfpac with it...he hadnt posted anything since this thread died and now hes back with his chop sockey ricer figures wondering the same old stuff about infinitys beating the weak mustang gt...sigh...i'm ignoring this thread so that he goes bye bye back under the bridge and waits for the billy goats gruff

Some people may disagree:hihi:

'06---GT Deluxe 'Casper" IUP, shaker 500, auto, 17" bullitts, white/light graphite

retro '69 351 hood an scoop

"Hello America, you sick twisted freaks"
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
LOL!!! You mean the Infiniti G35 that slowly fell farther and farther behind? The one I raced didn't quite have it. I can honestly say if he had 10-15 more hp, he would likely have kept right up.

You know 18 wheelers are 6 cylinders, right? Also only have 300-360hp? I can't imagine what their torque is though. Ignore the number of cylinders and hp claims.

I drove an RX-8 and was terribly disappointed! 235hp?!?! That's as much as an out-of-the-box GM Goodwrench 350!!! Unfortunately the RX-8 only has about 80 ft-lbs of torque.

That's not nearly enough to tighten my lugnuts.

"Horsepower sells cars. Torque wins races."
-Carrol Shelby

2006 Black, GT, spoiler delete, five speed, leather, custom welded straight pipes with resonators, sequential turn signals, Hurst Pro Performance shifter. FRPP 4.10s with Motive bearing kit, Spydershaft one piece aluminum driveshaft, w/ Spicer 1330 U-joints, Steeda UCA and LCAs, chrome moly panhard rod. bye bye wheel hop, hello traction! SCT XCalII, BBK CAI, ZEX 100 shot.
I've written a book or two. Google David Buschhorn to laugh at my scribblings.
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Yea... wish I could ban ppl for beeing stupid... LOL

crfalzon, wow! YOU DA MAN!!! Wish I deared to take on a Volvo! ( I actually did, he thought his R was da bomb... And I'm sure it is with better tires in the snow... ) Tried one of them RS6s yet? Beating on your moma and little brother too?

PS. My sis in laws bro asked me what to do to his 07 Z350 for about $7-8,000 while staying NA...?? You web board racers / trolls may be able to help?

KJ, poorer but happier

Thanks to:
Modular Depot
Fox Lake Racing
Tunable Induction
Power House 411
Sun Coast Creations
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlack

You know 18 wheelers are 6 cylinders, right? Also only have 300-360hp? I can't imagine what their torque is though. Ignore the number of cylinders and hp claims.

"Horsepower sells cars. Torque wins races."
-Carrol Shelby
My work truck has 290hp and 660ftb's of torque

'06---GT Deluxe 'Casper" IUP, shaker 500, auto, 17" bullitts, white/light graphite

Apprentice

Alright.... In all seriousness, how do I take the heat about my V6? Exactly the same way Mustang GT guys take the heat about G35 V6's being almost as powerful as a Mustang Gt's V8.
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk06GT
I think someone's upset they didnt get a GT ... But for the price of those imports i'd get a vette.
The Hyundai Coupe is probably going to come in at the same price as the Mustang.

dollar per dollar, that's going to be a tough one.

From the info I've seen, it looks a lot like the 99-04s in stance and body proportions.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Alright.... In all seriousness, how do I take the heat about my V6? Exactly the same way Mustang GT guys take the heat about G35 V6's being almost as powerful as a Mustang Gt's V8.
I posted a kill story about a year ago beating a G35 with my stock 2005 Mustang GT! Now I don't think it was the 6MT version, but since that higher end model starts at a little over 33k, I think I can afford a supercharger for my GT, and then "almost" won't even be close! And for the same price as a Mustang GT, I can get a supercharger for either of my v6's, and then they beat my stock V8 GT! So it never ends! Sheesh!

08 Roush 427R GT Torch Red Premium
Painted Side Mirror Covers
100% Roush synthetic oil
06 V6 Vert Premium w/Pony Package
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpdoc
My work truck has 290hp and 660ftb's of torque

Mine has 600hp and 1850 ftlbs of torque :eyepoppin
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foolinjected
Mine has 600hp and 1850 ftlbs of torque :eyepoppin

You got me, but mine is only an F-650

S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscoyote
The Hyundai Coupe is probably going to come in at the same price as the Mustang.

dollar per dollar, that's going to be a tough one.

From the info I've seen, it looks a lot like the 99-04s in stance and body proportions.
I was speaking more along the lines oof the new Skyline and 450Z.. fore the price of those 50k imports id get a vette.
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crfalzon
I have raced camaros , chargers, volvos and audis..I have left them all in the dust...especially with w 4: 10 rear.......lol....I did race and lose to a Goat, by 2 car lengths.........which considering the price and horsepower/torque I thought was more of a victory for me.....the driver and I talked afterward and he did admit his car is but ugly........The stang has “look at me “ styling….which should not be discounted, she’s a different breed, nothing “Japanese or Europe:” in her bloodlines at all…..the goat did have real bucket seats and a nice instrument layout and appointments,. but I’ll never give up my stang just for that….the rest are wanna be’s.
Quote:
The stang has “look at me “ styling….which should not be discounted, she’s a different breed
Isn't the V6 stang the same style?
Quote:
which considering the price and horsepower/torque I thought was more of a victory for me
I raced a Vette and only lost by like 27 car lengsts and seeing as I could have bought like 3 1/4 vettes for that I feel as I came out with the win..... Don't hate.... cause it is a moral victory!

Please let this tread die!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page