How Do You V6 Guys Take The Heat?!?! - Page 6 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #76 of 526 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

i could not disagree more with that statement...if you are a car guy..your ride is who you are...how you mod it is a reflection of your personality..every car i ever owned was a v8...i think that goes back to what you learn growing up..you know when nobody thought about gas prices...the whole idea behind the 1st muscle car(64 gto) was to cram a v8 into a light 2dr cp... nobody had a v6 in the sixties did they??lol..oh yea the mustang...but that car was designed to be cute and economical(till shelby got a hold of it)..there's nothing more depressing at a car show than seeing a nice looking muscle car, then you walk up to it and find out its a six..for a $150 more in 1968 he could have got the v8, wheel package, stripes and 4:11 gears..i look at collectability too..i just think the gt will always be worth more and 25 years from now i don't want some punk ass kid coming up to me at a car show and saying "jeez old man, you could of had a gt for 8k..what were you thinking??"

06 GT PREMIUM Manual, 18's, Hurst billet, Webelectric sequentials, painted 10" stripes, Cervini KR500 hood w/functional ram air kit, K&N air filter, Cervini side exhaust, chin spoiler, hood struts, rear ducktail, quarter panel scoops, and quarter window scoops, Midweat Auto Gear strut tower covers, 1/2 mirror covers, and fuel rail covers. Pioneer touch screeen head unit w/blue tooth, dvd & sirius.Also haves: 1969 Lemans & 1968 Firebird.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PTLM4LIFE,

I am not taking a swipe at you here...but you set up the following cliche..."I may not drive a porsche, but I have a big penis." By saying that a car and its mods defines you, is like admitting that you are compensating for some other shortcoming...so to speak.

I am not saying that is you...I just could not resist...and this is not meant as any disrespect towards you or anyone else. But, it is Friday...and we all need to have some fun...so that is my lame attempt to poke a little fun...with no mean spirit behind it.

I work in a career that is a constant pissing contest between egos...and I just have never fealt the need to stroke my ego with a car...thats my reasoning for not having a car define me.

With that said...V8's are the choice...and your analogy about the car show and the admiring kid was right on the point...it is sad how inflation has worked out...a couple hundred for options...compared to several thousand...wow how times have changed.

Hey, it is only money...we will make more on Monday, Right?!?! :thumbsup

S197 Member

Well that's funny because last weeks local car met there were Ferrari's, Ford GT40's, 427 Cobra's, Vettes, Mustang GT's and Roushe's etc... atleast 80+ cars guess what happened.

I pulled up to a GT and when I popped the hood there came the crowd. There were tons of people looking and asking questions. Even the guy in the GT next to me was hanging with me and we were having a great time admiring each others cars. Is it so unbelievable that a GT person would talk to a V6 person?? lol

There is always going to be someone who has bigger displacement... with that said Viper V10, AMG V12, etc..... So lets not get into the v6 v8 thing either....If you are a real car lover ... you love cars of all kinds and respect everyones personal choices.

btw --- My buddy has a 05 GT with CAI, 3.73's and Diablo. He tried that 4.0/4.6 BS with me a few months ago at a red light --- Guess who made it there first and who couldn;t even touch me ... But I'll still let him be my friend, even if his car isn't as fast

Just enjoy your ride --- whatever it may - as long as its a Stang - who cares ? Would you rather be driving a Honda?? LOL

SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

If any TRUE Stanger cared about the heat -the Stang would died in 1974.

The 5.0L would never have gotten off the ground, and we'd all be driving Chebby Rats or Hondas.

Eff-em.

In the 80's we caught heat from the "no-replacement-4-displacement" GM-mullet-headed-Chevy Monkeys driving 350 & 455s.

I beat 'em in my lil 302.

I hadn't planned on keeping the 6 in the car -I had planned on an aluminum 302. But I'm tired of the "No Replacement For Displacement GM refugees driving stangs.

So, I decided to keep the 6 and build a faster car.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
GT Member
S197 Member

Interesting obsevation by me while on the road everyday, when I se a GT it's 'clean', most of the sixers I see look like the owner could care less if it's washed or not......things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmm........

'06---GT Deluxe 'Casper" IUP, shaker 500, auto, 17" bullitts, white/light graphite

retro '69 351 hood an scoop

"Hello America, you sick twisted freaks"
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlack
Mine costs almost half what my house cost, when I bought it [the house] three years ago

Also, I did the math. Since I average 22MPG and the neighbor's V6 gets 18, I actually save money over his/her car, even with my increased insurance!!!! It is only $0.83 every six months that I save but HA!!!!

And that only lasts as long as gas is around $2.90 or above

Kinda hurts to win.
my v6 cost 1/5 the price of my house twelve years ago and i get 26 mpg comuting to work i guess after serving in viet nam , having run in the boston marathon , surviving being rearended by a semi and succesfully winning a battle with cancer i don't have to prove myself or how fast my car is. i think this was a petty post to ridicule fellow mustang enthusiasts v6 or gt but most times people who ridicule or put down others have some real inadequaces in their own selves
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Okay all you V6ers, I will gladly race you in my 3.0L V6 Ford Fusion, and as you pass me by, I will wave to a fellow Stang lover, then as I am reading your rear license plate, I will tip my hat your way. Then I will shout out the window "Hey, just wait till I get my supercharger, then the race will be much closer!!!" Anyways, my hats off to all Stang owners out there (well except maybe for those whoe rice out their Stangs). If you V6ers have secrets to make your Stang move faster, please share them, because I do want to make my Fusion's V6 go faster.
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvandermey
Okay all you V6ers, I will gladly race you in my 3.0L V6 Ford Fusion, and as you pass me by, I will wave to a fellow Stang lover, then as I am reading your rear license plate, I will tip my hat your way. Then I will shout out the window "Hey, just wait till I get my supercharger, then the race will be much closer!!!" Anyways, my hats off to all Stang owners out there (well except maybe for those whoe rice out their Stangs). If you V6ers have secrets to make your Stang move faster, please share them, because I do want to make my Fusion's V6 go faster.
Get the SVT stuff off of a Contour. the 3.0L's been around for a while. Mazda and Volvo has been using it recently, so a bunch of the MazdaSpeed an Cosworth stuff from Europe works, too.

There's a Probe running around with 300+ hp running the cosworth stuff. He could go higher, but the car would be uncontrollable.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17

I agree with the fine wine thought, besides if anyone gives you any gripe, just tell them that you're "keeping it real" ha/ha. V6 was the original option for a stang.

oh, yeah ... gas prices?? $2.71 ... $2.90 ..... try $3.15
PONY Member

Hee hee hee hee... You men are so funny!

All I know is that my '05 V6 is gorgeous and HOT (especially since I changed out her grille for the '06 Pony Package kit)!

I'm 48 flippin' years old (but my looks would have you guess much younger ) and I have men, women and young kids compliment my baby at gas stations, in parking lots, at stop lights, etc... No one has ever said a bad word about her.

You men are SO damn funny when you get all competitive and defensive! :kooky:

'05 V6 Premium, Automatic, Redfire with Parchment interior. Added '06 Pony Package grille and foglights, custom rocker stripes, Peripheral Audio System for direct iPod play, window tint, chrome Pony-style power outlet cover and replaced Blue Oval spinners with Pony-design spinners. (Little changes are cool, too )

"Life without music would be a mistake." - An unknown, but very wise person
post #87 of 526 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

thats not fair 05ponychick..its easy for a chick to get by with a v6...any chick driving a stang is cool, no ???'s asked.........and its ok if you're no good at sports, don't have a good job, as long as you're hot...its so easy to be a chick!...now a man driving a v6 will always have his man meter questioned..and a v6 guy will always be defensive..just mention his smaller engine.. and he comes out fighting!

06 GT PREMIUM Manual, 18's, Hurst billet, Webelectric sequentials, painted 10" stripes, Cervini KR500 hood w/functional ram air kit, K&N air filter, Cervini side exhaust, chin spoiler, hood struts, rear ducktail, quarter panel scoops, and quarter window scoops, Midweat Auto Gear strut tower covers, 1/2 mirror covers, and fuel rail covers. Pioneer touch screeen head unit w/blue tooth, dvd & sirius.Also haves: 1969 Lemans & 1968 Firebird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingjts
why? Because I refuse to pay over MSRP for any car... I wanted a new mustang...specifically a yellow one... In my area the GT were being marked up $2500 to $3000... I got my V-6 on X-Plan so it was like $1700 UNDER dealer invoice...

Have I spent a lot of money on my V6.. you bet! But my stealer didn't get one dime of it! LOL!!!

Beside now I have a very unique Stang... for about the same amount of money a STOCK GT would have cost me!

To see for yourself: http://www.tammyandjohn.com/Mustang/...ng/Mustang.htm
That's a beautiful car! I was actually surprised to find that I liked the neon on your car. It goes good with yellow.
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by new stang owner
Very easy. I paid alot less for my V6 plus the supercharger, than the GT, and I have more horsepower. I also have lower insurance premiums by not having a GT.
:handball: Sorry, I just cannot see how a V6 with SuperCharger would be less then a GT, i would say about the same price, but still with less options. (ie GT includes rear anti sway, and 17" wheels hp Tires, painted lower rockers, etc).
From what i understand, SC'ers are like $5 to $6K, and if installed aftermarket, well.............there goes the 3/36.

Even putting on the 2006 Pony package would still be a $1,300 option, there by bring the price closer to the GT.

(own-See Gallery)

To few to mention, actually to lazy to
01 Jeep Cherokee Sport - Silver (His Daily)
05 Mustang V6 Coupe, 5 sp - Redfire (Her Toy)
06 Pontiac Solstice Vert 5 sp - White His Roadster
07 Mustang GT Vert, 5 sp - Redfire His Toy
09 Hyundai Santa Fe - White Metallic (Her Daily)
11 Chevy Silverado 5.3L ExtCab-Light Gray (His)
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05PONYCAR
Hee hee hee hee... You men are so funny!

All I know is that my '05 V6 is gorgeous and HOT (especially since I changed out her grille for the '06 Pony Package kit)!

I'm 48 flippin' years old (but my looks would have you guess much younger ) and I have men, women and young kids compliment my baby at gas stations, in parking lots, at stop lights, etc... No one has ever said a bad word about her.

You men are SO damn funny when you get all competitive and defensive! :kooky:
My gf has the same car (5 Speed/Manual) and I did some stripes for her, tinted the glass with embeded ghost flames in the tint. In my gallery, hers is the redfire, mine was the White. I since traded the white vert for a 2007 that is waiting to be built.

Most people "non-Mustang people" :thumbsup have no clue of Mustangs, so no one knows the difference, they look at appearance.

To few to mention, actually to lazy to
01 Jeep Cherokee Sport - Silver (His Daily)
05 Mustang V6 Coupe, 5 sp - Redfire (Her Toy)
06 Pontiac Solstice Vert 5 sp - White His Roadster
07 Mustang GT Vert, 5 sp - Redfire His Toy
09 Hyundai Santa Fe - White Metallic (Her Daily)
11 Chevy Silverado 5.3L ExtCab-Light Gray (His)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page