How Do You V6 Guys Take The Heat?!?! - Page 7 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeMyStang
:handball: Sorry, I just cannot see how a V6 with SuperCharger would be less then a GT, i would say about the same price, but still with less options. (ie GT includes rear anti sway, and 17" wheels hp Tires, painted lower rockers, etc).
From what i understand, SC'ers are like $5 to $6K, and if installed aftermarket, well.............there goes the 3/36.

Even putting on the 2006 Pony package would still be a $1,300 option, there by bring the price closer to the GT.

(own-See Gallery)
The Explorer Express X-Charger will be 3500 to 4000. It should be easy enough for even me to install! LOL! Based on early results should put the power right inline with a GT. So lets say $4500 total..

A GT would have cost me $8000 more than my V6.. so that leaves $3500... I can buy A LOT of GT take off parts for $3500! LOL! Have you ever priced GT take off parts? Pretty darn cheap...

Personally I just could not bring myself to pay the ridiculous dealer markup.. And finding a Yellow GT was pretty much impossible..

And besides having a 13 second V6 is more fun then a 13 second GT... LOL! It tends to surprise moer people... especially since I have the V6 grill (surprising how many people thing fog light automatically means GT! LOL!) and I'm still running a single exhaust!

John - The V6 Apologist

2014 Ingot Silver Vert - MCA Edition

MPT Tuned - BBK Shorties - MRT Axle Back - FRPP 3.55
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorv22
That's a beautiful car! I was actually surprised to find that I liked the neon on your car. It goes good with yellow.
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John - The V6 Apologist

S197 Member

From experience...i've had other cars that were supercharged and you always spend 2x what you thought of spending because of other factors. I spent 6K on an ATI system, then i had another 6K on mods to make other parts take the new Power to the RW so i wont break anything. i've broken Half Shafts before and they are not cheap! I know the mustangs use weak driveshafts, plus you know you have to do suspension mods also.

nghtrnnr

yeah and i'm not sayin your car doesnt rock john but dont even attempt to try that supercharger install yourself and like sin said...that extra 3500 you thought you had left is gonna go pretty quick on the peripherals...see heres the deal..a v6 engine can be modded to take down a gt pretty easy but a gt engine can be modded to take down a ferrari...i know this like i know how much you can do with a v6...i own a 2000 v6 stang(the original nghtrnnr) and a 06 gt...my v6 runs with the big boys and i still trot her out and race her just to screw with the fox gt guys and the sn95 gt guys but when its time to really rock i pull the cover off the 2006 gt.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTLM4LIFE
thats not fair 05ponychick..its easy for a chick to get by with a v6...any chick driving a stang is cool, no ???'s asked.........and its ok if you're no good at sports, don't have a good job, as long as you're hot...its so easy to be a chick!...now a man driving a v6 will always have his man meter questioned..and a v6 guy will always be defensive..just mention his smaller engine.. and he comes out fighting!
*LMAO* You really are a clueless slug, aren't you?

'05 V6 Premium, Automatic, Redfire with Parchment interior. Added '06 Pony Package grille and foglights, custom rocker stripes, Peripheral Audio System for direct iPod play, window tint, chrome Pony-style power outlet cover and replaced Blue Oval spinners with Pony-design spinners. (Little changes are cool, too )

"Life without music would be a mistake." - An unknown, but very wise person
PONY Member

Quote:
My gf has the same car (5 Speed/Manual) and I did some stripes for her, tinted the glass with embeded ghost flames in the tint. In my gallery, hers is the redfire, mine was the White. I since traded the white vert for a 2007 that is waiting to be built.

Most people "non-Mustang people" :thumbsup have no clue of Mustangs, so no one knows the difference, they look at appearance.
That's it EXACTLY, MakeMyStang... The Mustang's appearance kicks major butt - one doesn't have to race it or even open the hood to know that it's a hot car.

'05 V6 Premium, Automatic, Redfire with Parchment interior. Added '06 Pony Package grille and foglights, custom rocker stripes, Peripheral Audio System for direct iPod play, window tint, chrome Pony-style power outlet cover and replaced Blue Oval spinners with Pony-design spinners. (Little changes are cool, too )

"Life without music would be a mistake." - An unknown, but very wise person
Apprentice
Classic Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member

2 more cylinders

[quote=screaminyellin6]
If you are a real car lover ... you love cars of all kinds and respect everyones personal choices.

How well said !!!
I have had 4 Mustangs, 3 were V8's. A car can be a extension of your personality, but it shouldn't define you. As you become more mature in life things don't mean as much as they used to. You learn to set priorities not just for yourself but for others. My wife told me if I wanted the 2006 GT Legend Lime $33600 that she would support me. I made the decision not to get it. 3 months later I purchased the 2006 V6 Pony Package $25000. This Mustang is the most fun car I have ever had and the $8600 I saved has brought far more fun then 2 more cylinders.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2006-1965.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	380.9 KB
ID:	16451  

1964.5 Coupe V8, 1965 GT Coupe V8, 1979 5.0 Fastback & Sweet V6
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nghtrnnr
yeah and i'm not sayin your car doesnt rock john but dont even attempt to try that supercharger install yourself and like sin said...that extra 3500 you thought you had left is gonna go pretty quick on the peripherals...see heres the deal..a v6 engine can be modded to take down a gt pretty easy but a gt engine can be modded to take down a ferrari...i know this like i know how much you can do with a v6...i own a 2000 v6 stang(the original nghtrnnr) and a 06 gt...my v6 runs with the big boys and i still trot her out and race her just to screw with the fox gt guys and the sn95 gt guys but when its time to really rock i pull the cover off the 2006 gt.
Thanks!

Actually I think the Eaton is a very straight forward install... especially if you know anyone that is fairly mechincally inclined. I would be pretty comfortable installing that one in my driveway... So I'll stick by $4500... LOL!

Now of course the other option is N20... I was doing really well on the 100HP shot... I got stupid/greedy on the 125HP and popped a piston (Hey, no guts, no glory! LOL!) So for only a $1000 you can get a very nice Zex setup and be in the low to mid-13's... Best ET on the 100HP on street tires was 13.3...

As far as extras, performance-wise, i think the main difference is the track-lock... the V6 has an open-diff.. and off course my V6 has no rear sway bar.... I also realize the GT has a 8.8 vs the V6 7.5... but that hasn't been an issue so far... LOL

Of course I realize the at GT can be modded and made to clean my clock... BUT if I had decided to spring the extra $8000 for a GT I seriously doubt I would have done any modding...

As it stands I've spent about $8000 on my car, including mistakes like I'm on my 3rd muffler, 2nd CAI, etc.... So for that $8K difference I can run with the lightly modded GT's and I have a very personalize car... Pretty much stands out in the crowd! LOL!

John - The V6 Apologist

GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
LAME MUSTANG GT????????
thank god you just proved to everyone what a idiot you are...you still miss the point of my statement you lame lil queer and you have the mushbrain to insult the mustang gt in one line and admit you want one in the next...ssoss youre a joke and you need help...i was all set to write a stingin rebuttal to you but damned if i cant make you look any dumber than you just did yourself...good job...now go suck on ya mom some more and leave the discussion to the men puppy.
ding ding ding..somebody wake this ***** up....
tommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssoss
My point, which you obviously missed entirely, is that the statement you made that got me a little riled up, which in turn got you really riled up, was just LIKE me saying "Let's admit it/Let's be honest, if some rich guy was gonna buy you a Mustang, who would say 'Yes, sir, I'd like a GT' over a Foose or other LE model?" Thanks, Captain Obvious, you really cleared things up for me.

It's a pointless argument. But what IS clear is that you are a) a kid with a high temper, no sense of intellect, and no command of the English language, or b) an adult with a high temper, no sense of intellect, and no command of the English language.

So far, you tried; "sparky", "lil *****", "sensitive lil *****", "idiot", "lame lil queer", "mushbrain", "a joke", "puppy", "this *****", "jacknuts", and of course no "stingin rebuttal" would be complete without "suck on ya mom". Of course the forum censored much of your illiteracy out so we can only guess as to your real feelings...

Heheheh, this has been quite entertaining. Perhaps you missed your calling as an Adam Sandler or Andrew Dice Clay impersonator?

2019 GT - Velocity Blue with Black Accent Package
nghtrnnr

screw you too jenkinsbball....lol
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
screw you too jenkinsbball....lol
I love you too

2019 GT - Velocity Blue with Black Accent Package
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
i could not disagree more with that statement...if you are a car guy..your ride is who you are...how you mod it is a reflection of your personality..every car i ever owned was a v8...i think that goes back to what you learn growing up..you know when nobody thought about gas prices...the whole idea behind the 1st muscle car(64 gto) was to cram a v8 into a light 2dr cp... nobody had a v6 in the sixties did they??lol..oh yea the mustang...but that car was designed to be cute and economical(till shelby got a hold of it)..there's nothing more depressing at a car show than seeing a nice looking muscle car, then you walk up to it and find out its a six..for a $150 more in 1968 he could have got the v8, wheel package, stripes and 4:11 gears..i look at collectability too..i just think the gt will always be worth more and 25 years from now i don't want some punk ass kid coming up to me at a car show and saying "jeez old man, you could of had a gt for 8k..what were you thinking??"
Dude.. you seriously prove your ignorance with every post. Since you are supposidly a Pontiac person what about the sprint 6's they were around in the 60's and very sought after today.

It is obvious by all of your statements they you have some serious insecurities if you have to have a V8 engine to 'prove' you are some kind of 'man' .
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
:handball: Sorry, I just cannot see how a V6 with SuperCharger would be less then a GT, i would say about the same price, but still with less options. (ie GT includes rear anti sway, and 17" wheels hp Tires, painted lower rockers, etc).
From what i understand, SC'ers are like $5 to $6K, and if installed aftermarket, well.............there goes the 3/36.

Even putting on the 2006 Pony package would still be a $1,300 option, there by bring the price closer to the GT.

(own-See Gallery)
Depends on the SC unit, they go for 1700-3200 for a full bore ATI with intercooler, chip, fuel pump etc. . Turbos go for 4-9,000.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
post #104 of 526 (permalink) Old 05-19-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

oh yea 1st mustang..pontiac v6's are real sought after..a concourse tempest 6 cyl will get you a good 6k...the 69 trans am rotted to the frame with a blown motor will get 40k...stick to something you know about!

06 GT PREMIUM Manual, 18's, Hurst billet, Webelectric sequentials, painted 10" stripes, Cervini KR500 hood w/functional ram air kit, K&N air filter, Cervini side exhaust, chin spoiler, hood struts, rear ducktail, quarter panel scoops, and quarter window scoops, Midweat Auto Gear strut tower covers, 1/2 mirror covers, and fuel rail covers. Pioneer touch screeen head unit w/blue tooth, dvd & sirius.Also haves: 1969 Lemans & 1968 Firebird.
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
oh yea 1st mustang..pontiac v6's are real sought after..a concourse tempest 6 cyl will get you a good 6k...the 69 trans am rotted to the frame with a blown motor will get 40k...stick to something you know about!
And a Mopar Hemi will get you MILLIONS.

Because they DIDN'T sell THEN.

Rarity and popularity pushes price.

Coupes has BETTER performance, because they were lighter, but Fastbacks are WORTH more.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page