How Do You V6 Guys Take The Heat?!?! - Page 8 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
S197 Member

Point of order. The Pontiac six cylinder cars (and most other 60's sixers) were straight sixes, not V6 engines.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #107 of 526 (permalink) Old 05-19-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

u got that right 70 hemi cuda....i don't care how rare your six is,they aren't worth anything in the future..c'mon somebody tell me how much more an early 289 mustang is worth over a STRAIGHT six..you know when you see an old 6er that somebody cheaped out, just like some of you 6'ers are cheaping out now...hey, if thats all you can afford, more power to you..it's a great looking car that can be made to go fast and i wouldn't want to see you in a tercel!!...but don't tell me if you had the cash you would choose a v6 over an 8.

06 GT PREMIUM Manual, 18's, Hurst billet, Webelectric sequentials, painted 10" stripes, Cervini KR500 hood w/functional ram air kit, K&N air filter, Cervini side exhaust, chin spoiler, hood struts, rear ducktail, quarter panel scoops, and quarter window scoops, Midweat Auto Gear strut tower covers, 1/2 mirror covers, and fuel rail covers. Pioneer touch screeen head unit w/blue tooth, dvd & sirius.Also haves: 1969 Lemans & 1968 Firebird.

I've yet to see anyone mention one of the most important differences between the v6 and the V8-the SOUND!!!!!! Heads turn when the GT starts up, and when the 6 start up, or goes whispering by, yechhhh!!!! Noooo bottom end, no matter what mufflers/headers you put on a v6, still NO BOTTOM END(NO BALLS)

nghtrnnr

heh heh........ ooooooooooooooooo..... reeko .... the v6 guys are gonna get you for that bro
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTLM4LIFE
oh yea 1st mustang..pontiac v6's are real sought after..a concourse tempest 6 cyl will get you a good 6k...the 69 trans am rotted to the frame with a blown motor will get 40k...stick to something you know about!
Yep once again you prove your ignorance. They were straight 6's man you really don't know anything about cars do you? Let me guess you are one of those that goes and buys a car because it is pretty and has a big motor... right? I have personally seen sprint 6 cars go for a whole lot more that a v8 counter part. Oh and just a side note sprint 6 cars were actually faster than the 326 cars.

Lets see if you were comparing comperable cars "straight 6 fire bird and trans am" you might actually have a valid argument but a tempest and a trans-am are not compareable one is a low end and the other was the top end of it's kind.

Now I really think you should go read a book or two on cars because you really are clueless. You may want to go check your mustang becasue I am not really sure you know the difference between a v6 an a v8 at this point.

So obviously YOU need to check up on what you are talking about.
post #111 of 526 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

straight 6 ..v6...whats your point...they both suck!!

06 GT PREMIUM Manual, 18's, Hurst billet, Webelectric sequentials, painted 10" stripes, Cervini KR500 hood w/functional ram air kit, K&N air filter, Cervini side exhaust, chin spoiler, hood struts, rear ducktail, quarter panel scoops, and quarter window scoops, Midweat Auto Gear strut tower covers, 1/2 mirror covers, and fuel rail covers. Pioneer touch screeen head unit w/blue tooth, dvd & sirius.Also haves: 1969 Lemans & 1968 Firebird.

Quote:
Still trolling? Aren't you bored yet?

Drew
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:

OMG you are one thick individual.
post #114 of 526 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

sorry ssoss...its not my fault...everytime i think i'm out...they pull me back in!

SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reekostang
I've yet to see anyone mention one of the most important differences between the v6 and the V8-the SOUND!!!!!! Heads turn when the GT starts up, and when the 6 start up, or goes whispering by, yechhhh!!!! Noooo bottom end, no matter what mufflers/headers you put on a v6, still NO BOTTOM END(NO BALLS)
How about you drive a 1976 Corvette Stingray, Or a 1979 Trans Am, Or a bone Stock 1979-1981 V8 Mustang.

No bottom end, no top end, 0-60 in 9 seconds.

Heck for that matter, drive a Ferrari 308 . . .

The Comanche Eliminator with the 4.0L I6 beat the same year Corvette in just about every category.

Ever race a GNX?

Won't even go into the BMW Mers with regard to sixes, or the Slant Six from Dodge.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscoyote
How about you drive a 1976 Corvette Stingray, Or a 1979 Trans Am, Or a bone Stock 1979-1981 V8 Mustang.

No bottom end, no top end, 0-60 in 9 seconds.

Heck for that matter, drive a Ferrari 308 . . .

The Comanche Eliminator with the 4.0L I6 beat the same year Corvette in just about every category.

Ever race a GNX?

Won't even go into the BMW Mers with regard to sixes, or the Slant Six from Dodge.
I think he was talking about the sound difference of the current V6 vs V8 Mustang.

AFM Site Administrator
2006 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT Manual.
Alpine H/U with Infinity speakers.
Powerhouse CAI and Tune.
Previous Mustangs:
1978 2.8 L, 1979 5.0, 1982 5.0 "HO", 1986 5.0 GT

Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stmustang
Yep once again you prove your ignorance. They were straight 6's man you really don't know anything about cars do you? Let me guess you are one of those that goes and buys a car because it is pretty and has a big motor... right? I have personally seen sprint 6 cars go for a whole lot more that a v8 counter part. Oh and just a side note sprint 6 cars were actually faster than the 326 cars.

Lets see if you were comparing comperable cars "straight 6 fire bird and trans am" you might actually have a valid argument but a tempest and a trans-am are not compareable one is a low end and the other was the top end of it's kind.

Now I really think you should go read a book or two on cars because you really are clueless. You may want to go check your mustang becasue I am not really sure you know the difference between a v6 an a v8 at this point.

So obviously YOU need to check up on what you are talking about.
Looks to me like he was referring to this post.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
nghtrnnr

kscoyote, that brings to mind somethin i was thinkin ever since 2000 when i bought my v6 stang...and yeah...the only reason i bought it was i couldnt afford the insurance on the gt back then...anyway i've always been really bothered that the v6 stang is so damn weak in comparison to what other car makers get from their v6...my v6 stang in its stock form was being smoked by maximas...accords...jettas...dont even get me started on what porche and bmw do with a v6...shame on ford for makin one of the weakest v6 engines ever to sit in a car...hell a taurus sho can outrun a v6 stang and ford made it...whats up with that?
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nghtrnnr
kscoyote, that brings to mind somethin i was thinkin ever since 2000 when i bought my v6 stang...and yeah...the only reason i bought it was i couldnt afford the insurance on the gt back then...anyway i've always been really bothered that the v6 stang is so damn weak in comparison to what other car makers get from their v6...my v6 stang in its stock form was being smoked by maximas...accords...jettas...dont even get me started on what porche and bmw do with a v6...shame on ford for makin one of the weakest v6 engines ever to sit in a car...hell a taurus sho can outrun a v6 stang and ford made it...whats up with that?
except maybe the 140 hp 5.0L?

If they made a 6 with the same 250 hp as a VR6, the 3.5L Maxima, and other special edition cars that cost 10-20,000 more -why would anyone buy the GT? It would have nearly as much hp, weigh less, handle better, and likely cost more.

Sorry the VR6 Nissan 3.5L. etc., can eat a pre-99 GT for lunch. Some of them will take a 99-04 GT.

But those are flagship cars. No standard Accord, Jetta, 1.8L Turbo, etc. will take a Mustang 6. If they did, you don't know how to drive. The SHO cost TWICE as much as the Mustang LX 5.0L when it was made.

Heck, a little turbo 4 banger can take em . . . SRT4, WRX STI, EVO. Lotuses,

I can go on, but comparing apples and oranges is an exercise in futility.

nghtrnnr

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscoyote
except maybe the 140 hp 5.0L?

If they made a 6 with the same 250 hp as a VR6, the 3.5L Maxima, and other special edition cars that cost 10-20,000 more -why would anyone buy the GT? It would have nearly as much hp, weigh less, handle better, and likely cost more.

Sorry the VR6 Nissan 3.5L. etc., can eat a pre-99 GT for lunch. Some of them will take a 99-04 GT.

But those are flagship cars. No standard Accord, Jetta, 1.8L Turbo, etc. will take a Mustang 6. If they did, you don't know how to drive. The SHO cost TWICE as much as the Mustang LX 5.0L when it was made.

Heck, a little turbo 4 banger can take em . . . SRT4, WRX STI, EVO. Lotuses,

I can go on, but comparing apples and oranges is an exercise in futility.

i have no quarrel with you brother and over all the mustang v6 is a good and very great lookin car...but
1.nissan maxima $27,900 265hp
2.honda accord $25,200 244hp
3.mustang coupe $24,470 210hp
(cars and comparable options determined price)
i'll go out on a limb here and assume the 5.0l gt mustang with 140hp is the 1979 2v v8...cool...you wanna know how much the v6 had back then? 3.3l v6 had 85hp back then...wanna know how much the maxima had back then....nothing...it wasnt around...my point was that in 2006 and back the ford mustang v6 has and had one of the least desirable v6 engines around.and if you think your stock v6 can ace a stock maxima maybe you never raced before.and maybe if i could only narrow the diff between the v6's to 5 grand(a stretch) it still aint the 10-20000 you state.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page