SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nghtrnnr
i have no quarrel with you brother...but
1.nissan maxima $27,900 265hp
2.honda accord $25,200 244hp
3.mustang coupe $24,470 210hp
(cars and comparable options determined price)
i'll go out on a limb here and assume the 5.0l gt mustang with 140hp is the 1979 2v v8...cool...you wanna know how much the v6 had back then? 3.3l v6 had 85hp back then...wanna know how much the maxima had back then....nothing...it wasnt around...my point was that in 2006 and back the ford mustang v6 has and had one of the least desirable v6 engines around.and if you think your stock v6 can ace a stock maxima maybe you never raced before.
http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/ov...n&model=Maxima

2006 Nissan Maxima

MSRP Price Range $27,900 - $30,150

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/ov...&model=Mustang

2006 Ford Mustang

MSRP Price Range $19,115 - $31,145

I'd like to see a full boat convertible Maxima for 24,000, since that's the only 6 cylinder Mustang that costs that much.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

LX V-6 Coupe AT EX Coupe w/ Leather/ Nav/ XM Radio EX Coupe AT w/ Leather/ Nav/ XM Radio EX V-6 Coupe AT w/ XM Radio EX V-6 Coupe w/ XM Radio EX V-6 Coupe AT w/ Nav/ XM Radio EX V-6 Coupe w/ Nav/ XM Radio
Base Retail Price (MSRP) $25,200 $26,250 $27,050 $27,400 $27,400 $29,400 $29,400

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/pr...cord&trimid=-1

Cheapest 6 cylinder Accord is $5000 more than the Mustang.

But you already know this, don't you since we've already had this argument, what every 6 months?

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
nghtrnnr

try again....look closely...price based on comparable options...now go to the ford website and the nissan website and build the car with comparable options like i said...then come back to the forum and start over...i'm sure ya car is the bomb...i'm sure your car is all that and a bag of chips...nghtrnnr is simply unhappy with fords v6 engine...geezuz i hope i wasnt this sensitive when i was drivin my v6 stang....come to think of it...i realized i needed more and modded it right off the bat...
ps...sorry to burst ya bubble but i am not arguin with ya...remember the whole..."i have no quarrel with you brother" thing...just fords v6 engine...what are you anyway...henry ford's great grandson?

SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
try again....look closely...price based on comparable options...now go to the ford website and the nissan website and build the car with comparable options like i said...then come back to the forum and start over...i'm sure ya car is the bomb...i'm sure your car is all that and a bag of chips...nghtrnnr is simply unhappy with fords v6 engine...geezuz i hope i wasnt this sensitive when i was drivin my v6 stang....come to think of it...i realized i needed more and modded it right off the bat...
ps...sorry to burst ya bubble but i am not arguin with ya...remember the whole..."i have no quarrel with you brother" thing...just fords v6 engine...what are you anyway...henry ford's great grandson?
Why don't you just furnish a Build Sheet with a Maxima that costs 19000?

nghtrnnr

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscoyote
Why don't you just furnish a Build Sheet with a Maxima that costs 19000?

why dont you do like i told ya?...give it a try...aw hell...whatever bro...you know what?...your car is the best in the world...i bow before the majesty of the mustang v6...if god himself could drive car it would be the mustang v6...you are the most awesome car driver and car buyer ever...i wanna be just like you when i grow up...how many times can i say its not about you or your car but i ...me...nghtrnnr...tommy-boy...I'M not happy with the stock mustang v6...thats all i said...enjoy your car...i didnt buy it...i'll enjoy mine...(he acts like i smacked his lady or somethin)
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
why dont you do like i told ya?...give it a try...aw hell...whatever bro...you know what?...your car is the best in the world...i bow before the majesty of the mustang v6...if god himself could drive car it would be the mustang v6...you are the most awesome car driver and car buyer ever...i wanna be just like you when i grow up...how many times can i say its not about you or your car but i ...me...nghtrnnr...tommy-boy...I'M not happy with the stock mustang v6...thats all i said...enjoy your car...i didnt buy it...i'll enjoy mine...(he acts like i smacked his lady or somethin)
Because we've been through this already.

Guess what? your 25000 GT is slow compared to my 68!

Both the Cougar AND the Mustang.

I paid 1750 for the Stang and $2000 for the Cougar.

BFD!

Your car is an expensive poseur. A POS. A Wannabe 1968 Mustang. A Retread. A fraud!

Why would you get a GT when a 2003 or 2004 Cobra would whup it?

Shoot, for the same money, I could whup ya in a 1978 KING COBRA!

nghtrnnr

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscoyote
Because we've been through this already.

Guess what? your 25000 GT is slow compared to my 68!

Both the Cougar AND the Mustang.

I paid 1750 for the Stang and $2000 for the Cougar.

BFD!

Your car is an expensive poseur. A POS. A Wannabe 1968 Mustang. A Retread. A fraud!

Why would you get a GT when a 2003 or 2004 Cobra would whup it?

Shoot, for the same money, I could whup ya in a 1978 KING COBRA!

you paid 1750 for the stang in 68? awesome!!!! 2000 for cougar? radical man....seeeeeeee....i told all you guys he was the coolest....i bet you could run rings around me in your 68...it sounds soooooo cool and my gt is so slow and stupid...we should race...i'll run to my car and you can hobble your old ass to yours...and maybe see...but shucks...i'm just too intimidated by your greatness...man i hate my stupid slow and expensive poseur of a car...darn s197 mustang gt
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
you paid 1750 for the stang in 68? awesome!!!! 2000 for cougar? radical man....seeeeeeee....i told all you guys he was the coolest....i bet you could run rings around me in your 68...it sounds soooooo cool and my gt is so slow and stupid...we should race...i'll run to my car and you can hobble your old ass to yours...and maybe see...but shucks...i'm just too intimidated by your greatness grandad...man i hate my stupid slow and expensive poseur of a car...darn s197 mustang gt
Nope, I bought the Cougar 5 years ago, and the Mustang 15 years ago.

I can find you one a KING COBRA II if you want for $800.

nghtrnnr

ok...seriously though...I'm not happy with the mustang v6 when so many others are doing so much more with a v6...its not a bad car...guys like fishingjts made theirs a better stang than most of the gts out there...johnny proved that the v6 can rock with anything with the right driver...hats off to guys like him...they finish what ford started...i just think that it should have been so much more...when camaro was still around they made that v6 with the same power ford just started usin last year in the stang v6...i just think they should give their ford engines so much more.whoooops....4:40pm time to go home...i'll continue this later on my own comp.
Apprentice

Yeah I really don't understand how Infiniti can pump out 300 hp on their V6 G35's and Ford can only do 300 hp with their V8. That pisses me off. A G35 Coupe with the options I would want is only 3k more than a fully loaded V8 Mustang. But that's neither here nor there. I bought my V6 Mustang due to unique circumstances but seriously, if I wasn't in that unique situation and I had a choice I'd probably just go with the G35 Coupe. Infiniti makes a great car and what's an extra 3-4k? 50 bucks extra per month? I love my V6. It looks better than anything in the street and chicks dig it too and I don't think chicks really care if it's a V6 or a V8.
Apprentice

Yeah I really don't understand how Infiniti can pump out 300 hp on their V6 G35's and Ford can only do 300 hp with their V8. That pisses me off. A G35 Coupe with the options I would want is only 3k more than a fully loaded V8 Mustang. But that's neither here nor there. I bought my V6 Mustang due to unique circumstances but seriously, if I wasn't in that unique situation and I had a choice I'd probably just go with the G35 Coupe. Infiniti makes a great car and what's an extra 3-4k? 50 bucks extra per month? I love my V6. It looks better than anything in the street and chicks dig it too and I don't think chicks really care if it's a V6 or a V8.
nghtrnnr

glad somebody gets it even if i have to start callin him "johnny 2 times" ...but i'd never buy a japanese car no matter how much they put out...when i need more power i'm goin with that challenger or need more? a vette...or a viper...nissan didnt give one cent to america after 9-11-01...and all i've evr owned has been american...except for a bmw

ps already smoked a g45 anyway
Apprentice

'already smoked a g45 anyway'

- Uhm I smoked a Corolla today! YEAH!

Quote:
i have no quarrel with you brother and over all the mustang v6 is a good and very great lookin car...but
1.nissan maxima $27,900 265hp
2.honda accord $25,200 244hp
3.mustang coupe $24,470 210hp
(cars and comparable options determined price)
I don't want to quarrel either so don't take this response the wrong way... this is an honest attempt to compare the vehicles you mentioned... let me know if I am missing something.

Oddly, the Honda with a manual tranny is priced higher then the auto, so this enables a more favorable comparison in favor of the Ford.

The Mustang V6 Premium with Manual Tranny, Pony Pack, Side Air-Bags and Leather Trimmed Seats; IUP added to compensate for missing moonroof on Honda;
$22,540

The comparable Honda would be EX V-6 6MT;
$27,400
The Accord is rated for 34 more horses and has a six speed.

So, I could get the Mustang V6 fully loaded and install a SC for the $5,000 difference in price.

Or I could get the Mustang GT Premium base price $27,040.

If someone were looking for a manual tranny then this comparison is a bit more accurate, no?

These cars target different markets but I DID look at the accord first. Comparing the price of these two vehicles when I was shopping is what convinced me to get the Mustang. I was also biased by the RWD, awesome style, and the look my wife gave me when I said I was buying a Mustang (a good look)! This is an 8 year old picture of her but it was something like this (attached).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	look.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	7.5 KB
ID:	16643  
nghtrnnr

drew i sort of made those numbers up cause i hate to lose arguements...dont tell nobody....although its more accurate than the 10-20000 buck diff he stated

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page