How Do You V6 Guys Take The Heat?!?! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 526 (permalink) Old 05-06-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

How Do You V6 Guys Take The Heat?!?!

just left my weekly texas holdem game..today when i pulled up to the host's house (on my bike, it was 70 tonight) there was a white stang out front. it had the minivan wheels, side body and window louvers, dual exaust, no fender emblems and shelby stripes..i was impressed..then i walked to the front and saw the v6 front end..oh well, nice v6...as i sat down to begin the game (corona in hand, cinco de mio) i shouted out' "who owns the mustang out front?"...what began next i had no control over and never fronted i owned a gt...the cat calls started right away from the minivan guys ripping this kid "oh that 4 banger is his".."if you saved the $$ from all your mods, you could afford an 8"..this from a guy who owns a honda element(toaster on wheels)..the kid had no response...no disrespect, but i just want to know how you v6 guys handle the "oh its a only a 6 cylinder".."its not a gt?".."why didn't you get a gt?"

06 GT PREMIUM Manual, 18's, Hurst billet, Webelectric sequentials, painted 10" stripes, Cervini KR500 hood w/functional ram air kit, K&N air filter, Cervini side exhaust, chin spoiler, hood struts, rear ducktail, quarter panel scoops, and quarter window scoops, Midweat Auto Gear strut tower covers, 1/2 mirror covers, and fuel rail covers. Pioneer touch screeen head unit w/blue tooth, dvd & sirius.Also haves: 1969 Lemans & 1968 Firebird.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

V6 Member
S197 Member

You hang out with a guy that drives a Honda Element?

How do you take the heat from that?

BOSS Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

We have both cars.....I can back up our V6

Saleen S/C 3.2 pulley. Chris Rose tune.

Hot Rod cams, GT500 pumps, CHE goodies on the rear, 4.10's, KOOKS/ O/R X pipe with PYPES Violators, Spydershaft, TCI 3500 stall, PA deep tranny pan. Meziere w/p,M&H 325/45/17 DRs.
S/[email protected]/[email protected]

PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via MSN to Hoodlum
I dont have that problem, my club and and my friends all respect the 6 simply because it has respectable numbers to the old 5.0. But I'll be damned if truck drivers give any respect, they *ALL* try to race my 6 for no reason... They loose shortly after tho... *not talking SRT-10's or anything crazy like that*

Also I love saying hey hows that premium gas going for you? :thumbsup
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Even the GT guys take some heat. If you have a coupe, sommeone will ask "why did you not get a vert, it is cooler?" Or if you are like me and own a vert, someone will say, "why did you get a vert, a coupe is faster or more secure?" Now that the GT500s and Saleens (including the Saleen PJ) are out, someone will ask "why did you spend so much money for a GT when fora few more bucks you could have had a ...?" Or my personal favorite, "why did you spend that kind of money for a Mustang, you could have had a Vette (or BMW)? So, I guess it does not matter what you drive, soemone is goign to give you heat. For all you V6 Stangs out there, you still drive a Stang (no matter what your reason is) and I say enjoy the ride.
Classic Member
V6 Member

How Do You V6 Guys Take The Heat

You remind the the misguided individual that the 69 351 War Horse only comes out on Friday and Saturday to play.

Jess
Apprentice

theres no heat if you don't hang around a bunch of idiots. i get a kick out of people that make those kind of remarks especially when their car costs more than the house they livein...
V6 Member
S197 Member

The minivan guy was giving the Mustang guy "heat"? Thats actually kinda funny...
I don't get "heat"... maybe once or twice... mostly "respect".
S197 Member

I get the "why didnt you buy the convert" thing sometimes. I say, well the Coupe looks better because it looks like a fastback and has the lines I wanted. Plus I use to have a few convertables and wanted a coupe for a change. Then I tell them I only spent 24K, they think that is a good deal for the best looking car on the road right now.
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatho
The minivan guy was giving the Mustang guy "heat"? Thats actually kinda funny...
I don't get "heat"... maybe once or twice... mostly "respect".
I have to admit, I only get the "why did you get a vert?" a few times, and occasionally I get the "why did you spend that much for a Mustang?", but mosty I get the oohs and aahhs and the respect.
nghtrnnr

dont forget the "why didnt you get the new 5 speed auto ? or why didnt you get the stick?" had a guy in a hyundai elantra at work askin me"why didnt you wait for the gt500 bro? your gt is gonna be obsolete" what a buncha fags...i've heard it all...i've had 3 mustangs in my life...still have a v6 and a gt so i'm on both sides of the fence
S197 Member

If you get anything that is 'out of the ordinary' like yellow, or red interior, or w/e you will always hear BS from ppl. When I had my GT yellow vert dumbasses were always criticizing, 'why did you get a convertible, why did you get yellow...' I was in highschool at the time and it was the nicest ride in school, (well one dude had an 03 Cobra) so I would just say 'uh huh.. and what do you drive?, oh jetta diesel? wana race?' So any time anyone said anything I would just totally bring them down because 99% of the time they were driving pieces of crap.

I haven't heard any ridicule yet towards my 06, but what could anyone possibly say when it is undoubtedly one of the most striking cars on the road, its quick, and there is NOTHING in the price range that even comes close to it.
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodlum
Also I love saying hey hows that premium gas going for you? :thumbsup
GTs run only on regular unleaded, from the factory.

$2.71 a gallon baby

2006 Black, GT, spoiler delete, five speed, leather, custom welded straight pipes with resonators, sequential turn signals, Hurst Pro Performance shifter. FRPP 4.10s with Motive bearing kit, Spydershaft one piece aluminum driveshaft, w/ Spicer 1330 U-joints, Steeda UCA and LCAs, chrome moly panhard rod. bye bye wheel hop, hello traction! SCT XCalII, BBK CAI, ZEX 100 shot.
I've written a book or two. Google David Buschhorn to laugh at my scribblings.
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stig1950
theres no heat if you don't hang around a bunch of idiots. i get a kick out of people that make those kind of remarks especially when their car costs more than the house they livein...
Mine costs almost half what my house cost, when I bought it [the house] three years ago

Also, I did the math. Since I average 22MPG and the neighbor's V6 gets 18, I actually save money over his/her car, even with my increased insurance!!!! It is only $0.83 every six months that I save but HA!!!!

And that only lasts as long as gas is around $2.90 or above

Kinda hurts to win.

2006 Black, GT, spoiler delete, five speed, leather, custom welded straight pipes with resonators, sequential turn signals, Hurst Pro Performance shifter. FRPP 4.10s with Motive bearing kit, Spydershaft one piece aluminum driveshaft, w/ Spicer 1330 U-joints, Steeda UCA and LCAs, chrome moly panhard rod. bye bye wheel hop, hello traction! SCT XCalII, BBK CAI, ZEX 100 shot.
I've written a book or two. Google David Buschhorn to laugh at my scribblings.
Registered

BS statement

Quote:
Originally Posted by nghtrnnr
...........a hyundai elantra at work askin me"why didnt you wait for the gt500 bro? your gt is gonna be obsolete" what a buncha fags...i've heard it all....
I can't believe someone would actually compare a Mustang to the likens of a computer ......... What an as$.

These cars, wether they be a V6, GT, Saleen and on and on, are like a fine wine. They get better with age.

Man I love my car.

My rant has come to an end ........

279.25 RWHP/300.8 RWTQ
100 SHOT 375 RWHP/525 RWTQ
12.156/113.5 1/4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page