What kind of mods have you done! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
What kind of mods have you done!

Not too long ago there was a thread here regarding who has not done any mods, or has kept it stock. So now I am interested in what mods you have done to your '05'/'06 Stang (regardless of whether you have a GT, V6, Vert, Coupe, Shelby, Boss, etc). So what mods have you done? if possible please post pics.

As for me, I started out with a '05 Mustang GT vert, black with red leather interior, 5-speed manual, fully loaded. The dealer installed 20" wheels. I since then have added a few mods.

Interior mods: Aluminum pedal covers, aluminum door pins, crimison light bar, steering wheel cover, active two-way alarm.

Exterior mods: 20" wheels (as mentioned) with 255/35ZR20 (front) & 275/35ZR20 (rear), Legends ducktail spoiler (Shelby look-alike, not yet installed).

Performance mods: K&N CAI, FLowmaster American Thunder axle-back exhaust, SCT XCal2 tuner, Billet 62mm throttle body, billet throttle body spacer, Saleen short throw shifter adapter, Saleen suspension/lowering kit (springs, shocks/struts, sway bar), Strange Development Polished Strut Tower brace, and Aluminum adjustable panhard bar.

Cosmetic mods: Red with black ribs (and GT) plenum cover, MRT hood struts, sequential tail lights, stainless steel radiator cover, poweder coated valve covers (red to match plenum cover), billet aluminum strut tower caps, 6" shorty antenna, and tinted windows (5% black on back three windows, 20% black on driver/passenger door windows).

Future mods (soon to be): Ceramic coated shorty headers, 3.90 gears, California Dream Ram Air hood, CDC agressive chin spoiler, Xenon rear bumper cover, 14" Cross-drilled, ventialed rotors (on all four corners), painted calipers (red), painted stripes (crimison) , a few more cosmetics (billet aluminum touches) and a supercharger (sometime down the road).

By then it will be time to add another Stang (maybe a shelby) to my stables. So please share your mods.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to nbk13nw
Pretty much the same base car as you…

Black 05 Premium with Red leather, IUP, every option with the exception of the auto tranny. Seemed to be some what sacrilegious to not get the 5-Spd.

Internal:

Alpine 9847 head unit
Rockford Fosgate 6x8 (4) for front doors and rear deck
Rockford Fosgate 8” (2) Punch subs for the front doors
Rockford Fosgate 10” (2) subs with a Q-Logic box for the trunk
Rockford Fosgate P3001 Mono amp for the two trunk subs
Rockford Fosgate P4004 to power the rest of the speakers
Monster cabling for head to amps
Monster wire for speaker runs
Alpine Crossover
Dynamated the entire trunk floor and side, both the top and bottom of the rear deck, rear flooring and sides in the back of the cab, flooring door panels and outside panels on the front doors, firewall and transmission tunnel as well as the fender wells front and rear.

Exterior:

Rear: Foose 20x10 Nitrous Silver’s with Spline lugs, Falken Beta FK451 285/30/20’s
Front: Foose 20x8.5 Nitrous Silver’s with Spline lugs, Falken Beta FK451 255/35/20’s
Painted calipers (Red)
Shorty Antenna (12”)
Center Fog Grille from Blue Oval Industries (Be here this week)
Wet sanded the hood and front fenders to remove orange peel. Compounded, polished then sealed entire car.
Picked up PC 7336 Dual Action polisher, Edge 2000 pads (All 5), more Zaino than I should have, Optimum Compound and Polish and a butt load of new MF towels.

Performance:

SCT Xcal, Dyno tuned (Base was Bamachips tune from Doug)
Flowmaster American Thunder Axle-Backs
Hurst Competition Plus Short Throw Shifter (Chrome stick and white knob)
Custom Plenum Cover from Midwest (Yup, same as you, Red ribs and GT with black base color… got mine when they first released them early last year)
JLT Cold Air Intake
Ford Racing Struts and Dampers
Eibach Sportline springs
Adjustable Panhard with brace, G-trac bar, upper and lower control arms and relocation brackets coming from Steeda and BMR.

2005 GT, Flowmaster, SCT, JLT CAI, Eibach, Baer, FRPP Struts / Dampers, FRPP Deletes, FRPP 4.10's, TA Girdle, BBK UDP's, J&M Upper Link/Lower Control Arms, FRPP GT 500 Front Control Arms, Hurst short throw, Foose / BFG FDW's
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-08-2006 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Sounds like you and I have similar taste in cars and mods, except I have done nothing to my sound system, yet. My tires are Falken Beta-452. I did not see the purpose in getting an automatic either, and I got all the options, and I even got my plenum cover from Midwest. I must say, damn fine ride you have (of course I could be a little biased )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page