Oops! The Mustang IS a cop magnet! - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricfly52
I am fairly conservative as far as speed goes. Las Vegas is funny though. 10 to 15 over the limit is pretty much the norm around here. Heck I see people every day doing at least twice the limit. I have followed a metro cop doing 15 over the limit just recently. But you can get busted on certian streets. I got nailed five years ago when I thought I was on a 45 street, but I was on a 25 street. Problem though, I was doing 53, yikes that cost me! But that was before the Stang. I am a lot more careful with it in town.
sounds like florida, i followed a cop going 90 in a 45 the otehr day on country roads, it was at like midnight though.. i've been pulled over where flow of the traffic is 15 over, but since someone died the day before they decided that i was a good example to ease the complaints.. bleh.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

SHELBY GT-40 ULTIMATE Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I'm so jealous I wish I could have a second GT heck three or four LOL
My husband likes the GT when he gets to drive it LOL, But he really
wants a truck so our second new car in the future will be a truck.
Does it sound girlish that I want him to get a white truck with black
accents to sort of match my GT???
Congrats on both of your Mustangs!

Can life get any better????
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-24-2006 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Yeah it's fun to have "his" and "her" Mustangs! So get the truck if he wants it, and you can have "his" and "her" Fords!(You did mean Fords, right?)

08 Roush 427R GT Torch Red Premium
Painted Side Mirror Covers
100% Roush synthetic oil
06 V6 Vert Premium w/Pony Package

Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Well I was pulled over this morning(08/24/06) some guy was on my tail all
the way down murfreesboro rd here in nashville, I couldn't even see half of his hood that's how close he was. Anyways The light at Briley Pkwy was red I was the first car at the light and this guy was inchs from my back bumper, my turn was maybe 600ft away so the changed and I took off The next thing I see is blue lights from an unmarked Impala pullng me over. I'm like crap just what I need is a ticket... GRRRRR So I pull over the cop gets out (he must not have had his coffee yet because he was shaking) and Said " I' going to ask you how fast you was going and if you BS me I'm going to give you a ticket" Me: I said like a dummy, " I guess I was going 45(speed limit)" He said BULL CRAP you was going 62 give me your licence. I ask if I could see the speed readout on his radar and he said NO, I ask why? and he said because he used the instant on mode.... I told him about the guy that was behind me and he said of all things " Why didn't you call 911? I said that won't work because it takes 20 mins just get someone on the other end.... anyways I didn't get a ticket... Mainly because I was honest and he pull traffic duty sometimes for our company ( found that out later....

2011 Mustang GT 5.0
Performance White
5.0L Member

That's against the law for officers to follow you like that, consider that a form of harassment.

scout
GT Member
4.6L Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Nyt_Muves
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutbb
That's against the law for officers to follow you like that, consider that a form of harassment.

scout
That may be so, but you would never get that to hold up in court. No judge around would go for that...

BULLITT #04385
Gone but never forgotten, Died Valiantly
New Project: Putting 92 5.0L drivetrain into 83 RX7
Built by MAZDA shaken by FORD
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyt_Muves
That may be so, but you would never get that to hold up in court. No judge around would go for that...
nope, cause all the cop has to do is justify his actions. "well your honor, i had REASONABLE SUSPICION that the defendant was speeding (example) but i was unable to verify his speed on radar, but i believed from what i observed that he was, so i then followed him for a short distance to see if he would re-commit the offense, that way i could attempt to verify his speed by pacing him"

thats all it would take.

trickpony: i do wonder where that cop got his training on traffic approaches. threatening to write someone a ticket unless they confess guilt is bs. and ALL radars lock speeds, even instant on pulse. he either didnt get it locked, or he just didnt want to show you. now in OK, state law states the police DOES NOT have to lock the speed, only that the speed on the display is seen by the officer, and that he is certain of which vehicle his radar is picking up. also, the police DO NOT have to show the violator the radar display by OK state law. dont know about other states though.

2006 Tungsten GT 5 speed -Hurst | C & L CAI, | Predator running 91 torque tune (91 race for track)-BAMA. | MAC Boomtubes | FRPP 4.10s|Kaenan 3in cowl hood.

2006 F150 Supercrew Lariat 4x4 Black- 5.4, Hellbent Steel 2.5 level with 35x12.5x20 toyo m/ts on blk XD Hoss wheels, roll up tonneau, Gotts CAI, predator 91 performance tune.

Wifes Ride: 2013 Explorer XLT 2.0 Ecoboost. Stock as stock can be, but hey... on the bright side... she has a turbo!
S197 Member

So Far so Good!..I've driven the same highway for 10 years so I know where the radar traps are and good radar detector never hurts when it's the same cost of a ticket. There's nothing like a 110Mph run to get you wide awake in the morning for work. BTW - My baby is an 06 Torreau Red GT and the metallic paint on a sunny day makes it stick out like a beacon.

Torreau Red? Is that a new color? All I know of is Torch Red and Refire Metallic...
PONY Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to AFStang
I thought that if you asked, the police were required to give you a speed readout from their radar, otherwise they couldnt legally give you a ticket. Am I just making this up or is it really a rule?

*2005 Mustang GT- Torch Red, IUP, Shaker 500, MyColor, JLT II CAI w/Brenspeed Tune, SLP L/M's, BBK T/B, Steeda UDPs, Shaker hood, B2 hood/pins,18x9.5 GT500 replicas, CDC Chin Spoiler, Roush 1/4 window louvers, 8" antenna, honeycomb blackout, MWA mirror covers, Sequential TL's, black LED projector H/L's, H/L splitters, Ducktail, Hurst equipped....

*1969 Camaro SS with 454

2000 Camaro Z-28, heavily modified
PONY Member
S197 Member

Send a message via MSN to ArtDisco Send a message via Yahoo to ArtDisco
Today I got pulled over for the first time since I've had my stang, I got it 03/05. Having the Torch Red, or as my friends say, 'Ticket Red,' I've been surprised that I haven't attracted much more attention than I have.

Luckly, Black Mountain NC's finest took mercy on me and let me off with a warning....

That particular stretch of four lane highway is hard to keep at 45mph, but I know better.
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFStang
I thought that if you asked, the police were required to give you a speed readout from their radar, otherwise they couldnt legally give you a ticket. Am I just making this up or is it really a rule?
Most states it's up to the officer. for his safety he would rather have you in your car.

2011 Mustang GT 5.0
Performance White
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTNOS
nope, cause all the cop has to do is justify his actions. "well your honor, i had REASONABLE SUSPICION that the defendant was speeding (example) but i was unable to verify his speed on radar, but i believed from what i observed that he was, so i then followed him for a short distance to see if he would re-commit the offense, that way i could attempt to verify his speed by pacing him"

thats all it would take.

trickpony: i do wonder where that cop got his training on traffic approaches. threatening to write someone a ticket unless they confess guilt is bs. and ALL radars lock speeds, even instant on pulse. he either didnt get it locked, or he just didnt want to show you. now in OK, state law states the police DOES NOT have to lock the speed, only that the speed on the display is seen by the officer, and that he is certain of which vehicle his radar is picking up. also, the police DO NOT have to show the violator the radar display by OK state law. dont know about other states though.
Don't know, Sometimes here in Nashville cops can be alittle shadey, Most are cool...

2011 Mustang GT 5.0
Performance White
Rookie

Multi Mustangs

I have an 06 coupe, and my brother has an 07 Convertable.
They both live in my garage (corral? paddock? pasture?). They
are both Tungsten Grey, and we have had no Police attention yet.
We picked the grey for that reason. I really wanted a white one, but
it sticks out too much, and could be considered a girl color. Not a bad
thing, but for a male midlife car, not ideal.:eyepoppin
Mustang II Member
2.3L Member

LOL, i have a 78 Mustang in "ticket red" also, though its just a tad bit faded. My stepdad has a 69 California Special Clone. Even with the four cylinder, my car attracts a lot of attention. Its probably due to the bad idle that actually makes it sound like it has a beast of a cam in it. lol. I swear, if i drive past a sitting cop, they dont just do the over the shoulder watch, they get out and watch me go down the street. I guess its just cuz when youve got a mustang, its not what your gonna do but "when" your gonna do it. Am i right? lol.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page