Decision between 03 Cobra and 07 GT - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
BOSS Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric The MadMan
Personally I'd go with the 07 GT. Although the 03 Cobra with only 2,500 miles..........hmmmmmmm........shouldn't of been beat up 2 bad.......less than 1000 miles a year.

In my opinion the 07 is a much better looking car, but you have to go wiyh what YOU want. Good luck!
That's worse actually. He bought it, beat the **** out of it for a few thousand and then is trying to unload it. Something with alot of miles means it was a daily driver uysually.

Fewer miles generally a track car.

SOLD -2005 Black GT Whipple HO| Oil Seperator | Steeda Tensioner | 93 dyno tune | Autometer Cobalt | GTAs | Eibach Pro-kit | Tokico D-Specs | CHE UCA | BMR PH | BMR LCA | BMR LCA Bracket | 18x9/10 Deep Dish Bullits

2013 Shelby GT500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

I'd go for the new Stang.

S197 Member

I always wanted a 03 Cobra, and I have wanted a new mustang since they came out. I got to make my decision last month and went with the new one. Only having driven it and never driven/rode in an 03 cobra.

Well after owning my new GT for ~1 month, I got to drive my friends, new to him, 03 cobra yesterday, and although the power itself was amazing, I was not impressed at all with the car iteself. THe handling/ride quality wasent as good as the new car, the interior felt like a cheap toy in it, its looks inside didn't do anything for me.

Don't get me wrong the 03 cobra is a powerful car, and if you want just a power hungry beast its all yours, I however wanted some styling to my car, along with the other amenititys. After haivng driven both now, I am happy with my choice still

Apprentice
S197 Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcovercash
I always wanted a 03 Cobra, and I have wanted a new mustang since they came out. I got to make my decision last month and went with the new one. Only having driven it and never driven/rode in an 03 cobra.

Well after owning my new GT for ~1 month, I got to drive my friends, new to him, 03 cobra yesterday, and although the power itself was amazing, I was not impressed at all with the car iteself. THe handling/ride quality wasent as good as the new car, the interior felt like a cheap toy in it, its looks inside didn't do anything for me.

Don't get me wrong the 03 cobra is a powerful car, and if you want just a power hungry beast its all yours, I however wanted some styling to my car, along with the other amenititys. After haivng driven both now, I am happy with my choice still
I agree with you there. After driving my 05 GT for a few months, I went on a business trip and got to rent an 04 Mustang. Although it was a v6, the most surprising thing was that it really was an entirely different car. Sitting in the driver's seat felt very different, and the way it drove was less than satisfying(and I'm not just talking about power).

I think you made the right decision jcovercash, and you can always supercharge you new Mustang along with other mods if you really want more power.:thumbsup

08 Roush 427R GT Torch Red Premium
Painted Side Mirror Covers
100% Roush synthetic oil
06 V6 Vert Premium w/Pony Package
Apprentice
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to 06GTKING Send a message via Skype™ to 06GTKING
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw0scoops123
That's worse actually. He bought it, beat the **** out of it for a few thousand and then is trying to unload it. Something with alot of miles means it was a daily driver uysually.

Fewer miles generally a track car.

I second that twosccops. I myself am trying to decide if I should fix up my 95 V6 (rebuild engine, rebuild transmission, supercharge it and redo interior) or get the 07 GT.:green

2006 Mustang GT Coupe Automatic
Mods:
C&L Street Intake, 93 Octane Tune (Brenspeed & BamaTunes), Pypes Longtube Headers, Pypes O/R H-Pipe, Flowmaster Axelbacks, FRPP 4.10's, 20x8.5 inch Godspeed Omega Deep Dish Wheels
Apprentice
4.6L Member

well i drive both cars pretty often my friends have each of them, the s197's interior is nicer and more spacious and is very smooth and does get looks but i think the cobra gets more looks, a cobra is a cobra plus the forged bottom end i would go with the terminator, but both are nice cars no doubt like others are saying its what each person wants

2002 true blue metallic gt,5-spd,eibach swaybars/springs,bilstein shocksandstruts, MM xtreme duty LCA's, frpp 4:10's, diablosport,steeda tri-ax,k&n fipk gen II,dumped flows exhaust, catted midpipe, steeda u/d,mach 1 grill del,mach 1 chin spoiler...
thinking about...vt stage 2 blower cams, vt stage 2 heads, built rear, forged bottom end, baer brake kit and kenne bell...or still might sell for a 03/04 cobra before i do anything major to my gt
PONY Member
S197 Member

hey mrty..got a lot of time to post now, huh...a little more time to spend on the computer...sorry, couldn't help it...ex whaler's fan..now a canes fan! go canes!

06 GT PREMIUM Manual, 18's, Hurst billet, Webelectric sequentials, painted 10" stripes, Cervini KR500 hood w/functional ram air kit, K&N air filter, Cervini side exhaust, chin spoiler, hood struts, rear ducktail, quarter panel scoops, and quarter window scoops, Midweat Auto Gear strut tower covers, 1/2 mirror covers, and fuel rail covers. Pioneer touch screeen head unit w/blue tooth, dvd & sirius.Also haves: 1969 Lemans & 1968 Firebird.
post #38 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006 Thread Starter

Well guys i test drove the 04 Cobra, and i have to say power wise it was awesome.. The only issue i had with it was it reminded mee to much of my 02 that i already own..So ive decided to go with the 07..I'll start shopping arount for an 07 vert soon..Hope to be in one by july ..Thanks for all of the opinions they all helped with my decision.

You made the right choice :thumbsup
PONY Member

Don't waste time owning an older body. You could have done that years ago. The '05/'06 doesn't even drive like the old one. It's like the two models were made by different companies! The way the new one is assembled is far superior. The car is designed to be worked-on. Forget the SN95. Ford milked that platform way too long. Let me tell you how I really feel!

2006 GT 5-Spd, Performance White w/ PAINTED Blue Pearl stripes,
Roush hood scoop, Hurst Shifter, Raptor Shift Light, Steeda Cold Air, Predator 93 Tune, Ford Racing Ceramic Shorty Headers, MRT AeroTurbine Axle-backs, Prothane "Bullet" Engine Mounts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, GT500 Struts & Shocks, UMI Performance LCA Relo Brackets & LCA's, UMI Upper Control Arm, MRT Panhard Bar, Prothane Swaybar Bushings, MMcc5-1 Caster/Camber plates, FRPP 4.10's,
Black 18" FR500s w/ BFG KDW 255/45-18's.
nghtrnnr

didnt the sn95 body end in 98?
S197 Member

I thought SN95 as 94-04? right? and fox was 79-93
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page