Interesting encounter. - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member

Interesting encounter.

Last year in the grocery store parking lot I was loading the groceries into the trunk of the GT and this guy beside me in with a cup of Starbucks coffee in one hand a a smoke in the other comments "that's a nice car.I wish I could afford one." My reply was "yeah dude ,just give up the Starbucks and the smokes and you could." He nodded and hopped in to his Neon and drove off.
Well yesterday in tha same parking lot I parked next to a white 06 GT with black stipes. Guess who walks up to the car?
Yup the Neon,Starbuck,smoking guy! He states to me "I thought about what you had said about the Starbucks and smokes and made a choice." The difference from payments on the neon to the Gt was made up by quitting smoking and the increase in insurance and gas was made up buy "cutting down" on the Starbuck lattes.The guy says he not only feels better but now is proud to drive a nice GT Mustang! He thanked me for the advice and we parted ways.
I thought that was pretty cool that my statement affected this guy in such a positive way.:thumbsup

FYI-smokes cost $10 a pack here in Alberta. 1 pack a day = $300 a month.

2010 Shelby GT500 Coupe
Grabber Blue w/white stripes, HID's, FRPP Suspension, Borla Stingers.
2014 GT Convertible
5.0, Auto, Prem, Gotta Have It Green, Cloth top, 20"Bullits, Magnaflow Street axlebacks
SOLD-(July 2 2009)2006 Mustang GT,FRPP/Whipple HO Supercharger, Satin Silver, 5spd manual, 3.55's and much more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006
S197 Member

Cool deal. I would much rather own a GT than smoke/drink coffee :p Seems like a good trade off for the guy lol.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006
GT Member
S197 Member

You are truely a wise man grasshoper:thumbsup I gave up my morning brakfast out every day and save big-time................

'06---GT Deluxe 'Casper" IUP, shaker 500, auto, 17" bullitts, white/light graphite

retro '69 351 hood an scoop

"Hello America, you sick twisted freaks"

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006
nghtrnnr

if i could only give up the strip joints i'd be a ...thousandaire
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006
PONY Member

Awesome story!

And you saved his lungs and blood pressure, too! :thumbsup

'05 V6 Premium, Automatic, Redfire with Parchment interior. Added '06 Pony Package grille and foglights, custom rocker stripes, Peripheral Audio System for direct iPod play, window tint, chrome Pony-style power outlet cover and replaced Blue Oval spinners with Pony-design spinners. (Little changes are cool, too )

"Life without music would be a mistake." - An unknown, but very wise person
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-14-2006
V6 Member
S197 Member

thats great, lol, yoou have recruited a new member to the stang society
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006
S197 Member

Ford should use this as an ad.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to Fryguy_pa
Quote:
Originally Posted by nghtrnnr
if i could only give up the strip joints i'd be a ...thousandaire
Look at it this way..

You are contributing to the education of our youth... one dollar at a time.

They have to pay for college somehow, right?

- Fryguy

- 05 Satin Silver GT, Lt Graphite, 5 Speed, Shaker 500, Sequntial Taillights, Redline Tuning Hood Struts, Shorty Antenna, Satin Mustang Sill Plates, Midwest Plenum Cover, UPR Billet Pedal Covers, IUP Steering Wheel, IUP Gauge Cluster w/MyColor, Signal Tints, FRPP Exhaust, JLT CAI Kit, SCT 2 Tuner . Trunk Lid Mat w/Edgelight fiber, MRT Side Louvers - (The following to be installed) Steeda Dead Pedal, Baltimore Street Mods Racing Stripes, Redline Goods Leather Kit
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to AFStang
Or he could have waited for the new Shelby and sold his firstborn or soul, whichever came first...

*2005 Mustang GT- Torch Red, IUP, Shaker 500, MyColor, JLT II CAI w/Brenspeed Tune, SLP L/M's, BBK T/B, Steeda UDPs, Shaker hood, B2 hood/pins,18x9.5 GT500 replicas, CDC Chin Spoiler, Roush 1/4 window louvers, 8" antenna, honeycomb blackout, MWA mirror covers, Sequential TL's, black LED projector H/L's, H/L splitters, Ducktail, Hurst equipped....

*1969 Camaro SS with 454

2000 Camaro Z-28, heavily modified
PONY Member
S197 Member

Hmmmm...I take a thermos full of Costco-bought Foldgers to work everyday, don't smoke, but its the $55 bottle of Scotch habit I have that I could probably change and then retire early! :tongue

But that's a damn funny story how a witty comment actually made a difference in someone's life.

Thanks for sharing.

Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

2012 Shelby GT500, Black on black
PONY Member
S197 Member

Let see . . . smoke and drink over priced coffee or drive a stang? Sounds like you helped him get his priorities right!:thumbsup

2007 Mustang GT
Windveil Blue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page