"Trunk open" - is this me? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006 Thread Starter
S197 Member

"Trunk open" - is this me?

It maybe me, but it seems frequently when I push the button to disarm the alarm and than get going, the buzzer rings to tell me the trunk is open. This has happened often and I do not think I am pushing the "truck open" button. This happening to anyone else?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006
Apprentice
Classic Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member

Hitting the wrong button

Hitting the wrong button, I seem to do it more than I would like to admit. but I'm getting old so I have an excuse. :walksmile

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageV8
It maybe me, but it seems frequently when I push the button to disarm the alarm and than get going, the buzzer rings to tell me the trunk is open. This has happened often and I do not think I am pushing the "truck open" button. This happening to anyone else?

1964.5 Coupe V8, 1965 GT Coupe V8, 1979 5.0 Fastback & Sweet V6
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006
S197 Member

Been there - done that. More times than I can count. My other problem is picking up the wrong set of keys and then standing by the car frustrated and bewildered because it won't unlock.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member

Happens to me. Worst part is while I'm driving. Still trying to figure our how my leg is hitting that damn button...

12.4 @ 111mph

Saleen S/C, Thump Tensioner, BGG 8 Rib, Kooks, Stingers, Gords, 4.10, Spec 3+, Pro 5.0, GT500 FPs, GT500 T/B, Ultralite Springs, DSpecs, Prothane Mounts, BMR - Adj. Panhard Bar, LCAs, LCA Relo Brackets, Adj. UCA, Rear Sway, Sway Delete/Rad Support
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006
S197 Member

i've done it once with my leg while driving
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member

Do you have anything in the trunk? Because it might be something moving around and hitting that trunk release lever, I had that happen a few times when i had my racing helmet in the box in my trunk.

2005 Mustang GT , 5-speed , Satin Silver
Whipple with lots of extras
11.6 @ 121
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2horseowner
Been there - done that. More times than I can count. My other problem is picking up the wrong set of keys and then standing by the car frustrated and bewildered because it won't unlock.
Oh, this is already frustrating for me also, and right now I only have two different ford cars. In a couple of months I will have three fords with the same size and shape of door and alarm controller. It could take hours in the morning to get going!

06 GT Mustang premium redfire
O6 F-150 4X4 lariat smokestone
1965 Mustang 2+2 fastback
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member

You're not hitting the button. There IS a problem because it's happen to a lot of people. Nothing's been done about it since everyone just assumes they hit the button by accident.
One guy said his trunk light was loose and somehow contacting the latch mechanism.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member

Yepper, it has happened to me a few times. Never while driving! I think it is because I hit the button by accident, but I am not 100% sure???

Peace....The MadMan :smoke:
Current: 2008 Tjaarda 350T
K&N CAI - Eibach Springs|Baer 14 Zinc Coated, Slotted & Drilled Rotors|6-Piston Front Calipers|GT Legends with Nitto NT-555 255/35ZR20 Front and 275/35ZR20 Rear|Custom side exhaust|Molded Front Fascia|Hood|Carbon Fiber Rocker Panels|Lower Side Scoops|Rear Fascia|4 Ion Crystal Fog Lamps|2.5 PIAA Extreme White Driving Lights
Sold: 2006 Premium Tung Grey GT - 5 speed

This has happened to me twice in the past week. It is pretty annoying to get driving and then have the trunk open. I am positive that I didn't hit the trunk button either. What's the deal?
S197 Member

My vert has the opposite problem. I have to hit the button like 15 times before it will pop. It's due for service soon and thats on the list of fixes.
V6 Member
S197 Member

Okay,

My vert does the "trunk open" thing quite regularly. I am not hitting the button either. The trunk also no longer pops open when you press the button. You can hear the mechanism click, but you have to push down lightly on the trunk lid for it to pop up. REAL ANNOYING! I used to pop up when I first bought it.
S197 Member

My trunk is real hard to open too. I have also had something in the trunk get caught on the pull thing.
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR_WoMBaT
Okay,

My vert does the "trunk open" thing quite regularly. I am not hitting the button either. The trunk also no longer pops open when you press the button. You can hear the mechanism click, but you have to push down lightly on the trunk lid for it to pop up. REAL ANNOYING! I used to pop up when I first bought it.
Yep - that's the way mine acts too. Hopefully it's just an adjustment - any coupe guys with this issue? My coupe works fine.
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric The MadMan
Yepper, it has happened to me a few times. Never while driving! I think it is because I hit the button by accident, but I am not 100% sure???
If I recall, from the owner's manual, you cannot, open the trunk, with the release button, while the vehicle is moving faster than five miles per hour.

Mine popped open just as I was exiting the carwash but I had the other keyfob in my pocket. Can't remember why though. A fold of my pants hit the button. At least that's what I hope happened. I'd hate to think any other nearby part of my anatomy is small enough to push that button

2006 Black, GT, spoiler delete, five speed, leather, custom welded straight pipes with resonators, sequential turn signals, Hurst Pro Performance shifter. FRPP 4.10s with Motive bearing kit, Spydershaft one piece aluminum driveshaft, w/ Spicer 1330 U-joints, Steeda UCA and LCAs, chrome moly panhard rod. bye bye wheel hop, hello traction! SCT XCalII, BBK CAI, ZEX 100 shot.
I've written a book or two. Google David Buschhorn to laugh at my scribblings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page