06 overheating at track - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-30-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

06 overheating at track

i am wondering if anyone else has had a problem with there cars overheating at the track? i have been running my 06 at a track thats 3.55 miles and had the overheat light come on, so i installed a BE-COOL radiator thinking this would solve the problem and it still did it this weekend. called BE-COOL and they sent me to FRPP tech line and it seems there is a problem with the sending units not reading the right temp!!!!! looks like my car was not overheating at all!!

06 GT Premium Vert,5 spd,Tungston Grey,Steeda Q 335 S/N 2006-028,Steeda Supercharger,FRPP 3:90 ring and pinion,Brembo 14" front and Steeda 13" rear brakes,Steeda camber adjust plates,Steeda frame stiffiners,Cali Dream ram air hood,Autopower rollbar,Autogauge shift light,Agent 47 brake ducts,DRL,Sequential turn signals.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-30-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member

What's your build date?

12.4 @ 111mph

Saleen S/C, Thump Tensioner, BGG 8 Rib, Kooks, Stingers, Gords, 4.10, Spec 3+, Pro 5.0, GT500 FPs, GT500 T/B, Ultralite Springs, DSpecs, Prothane Mounts, BMR - Adj. Panhard Bar, LCAs, LCA Relo Brackets, Adj. UCA, Rear Sway, Sway Delete/Rad Support
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-30-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

august 05 i think on the 19th

06 GT Premium Vert,5 spd,Tungston Grey,Steeda Q 335 S/N 2006-028,Steeda Supercharger,FRPP 3:90 ring and pinion,Brembo 14" front and Steeda 13" rear brakes,Steeda camber adjust plates,Steeda frame stiffiners,Cali Dream ram air hood,Autopower rollbar,Autogauge shift light,Agent 47 brake ducts,DRL,Sequential turn signals.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-30-2006
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Interesting indeed, as you know my 06 of 10/06 will be going around that same course with you on Monday, keke.

This just start the last few times at the track, or since day one?

'06 Tungsten GT 18" CT-R Gunmetals
Xcal2, JLTII, UDP, ProKit, Dspecs, Bump Steer kit, SS brake hoses, Strut Tower Brace, UCA, Adj.LCA's, AntiSquats, Panhard bar, MGW shifter, Steeda cowl hood, Hood pins, MRT hood struts*, 14" Antenna, Sequencial TL's, 07 Plenum cover, PJ Saleen heritage fascia, CDC ductail, SSE 1/4 window louvers, MAG mirror inserts, Rear trunk painted, MGW window switch plates, Billet door lock pins, Interior trunk release, Tint.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-31-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

first track day it was fine. with instructor and not alot of high speed. second track day had to run with heater on most of the day, thats when i ordered the new oversize radiator. still had problems so i am installing a temp gauge so i will know what the actual temp is for this mondays track day.

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatloon
i am wondering if anyone else has had a problem with there cars overheating at the track? i have been running my 06 at a track thats 3.55 miles and had the overheat light come on, so i installed a BE-COOL radiator thinking this would solve the problem and it still did it this weekend. called BE-COOL and they sent me to FRPP tech line and it seems there is a problem with the sending units not reading the right temp!!!!! looks like my car was not overheating at all!!
I road race a lot and I highly recommend the aluminum radiator upgrade. It really helps lower the temps. I also add a pint of water wetter.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark
I road race a lot and I highly recommend the aluminum radiator upgrade. It really helps lower the temps. I also add a pint of water wetter.
radiator is installed and i will try the water wetter on monday. thanks

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-01-2006
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Waxed'05 GT
I've used water wetter before; but how does it actually help the coolant be cooler?

'97 Cobra Vert - sold
'06 GT Sold 6/2010
Current: '06 F-250 Diesel, '10 CR-V, '11 Civic (Lease)

Ordered 12/12/12 Built 1/25/13 dealer received 1/30/13
2014 GHIG V6 Stick w/Perf. Pkg

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-02-2006
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxed'05 GT
I've used water wetter before; but how does it actually help the coolant be cooler?
Better heat transfer in the fluid if I understand it right.

And my car ran hotter on the track that day. About 3/4 on the guage, never in the red tho. 1 coast down the straightaway, guage dropped, but 2,3 turns later was right back up again.

Xcal2, JLTII, UDP, ProKit, Dspecs, Bump Steer kit, SS brake hoses, Strut Tower Brace, UCA, Adj.LCA's, AntiSquats, Panhard bar, MGW shifter, Steeda cowl hood, Hood pins, MRT hood struts*, 14" Antenna, Sequencial TL's, 07 Plenum cover, PJ Saleen heritage fascia, CDC ductail, SSE 1/4 window louvers, MAG mirror inserts, Rear trunk painted, MGW window switch plates, Billet door lock pins, Interior trunk release, Tint.
PONY Member
S197 Member

I'm just getting started in road racing. How much pressure do you run in your tires?

Colton - 06 GT Redfire
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

I ran with stock psi, 32. The heat had them at 38-40 after runs.

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogstar
I'm just getting started in road racing. How much pressure do you run in your tires?
what tires are you running?

PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
what tires are you running?
Have a Solo event this weekend, I'm taking my 06 just to see how well it handles. Performace wise, it's all stock except for the CAI, and the short shifter.
Usually I drive my 88 5.0. It's all stock for now. I need to replace the rear shocks and all tires. Just can't get enough traction. I run it in the FS class. Bought it about 5 weeks ago for a daily driver and weekend racer. I've been running it between 38 and 40 PSI.

Colton - 06 GT Redfire
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogstar
Have a Solo event this weekend, I'm taking my 06 just to see how well it handles. Performace wise, it's all stock except for the CAI, and the short shifter.
Usually I drive my 88 5.0. It's all stock for now. I need to replace the rear shocks and all tires. Just can't get enough traction. I run it in the FS class. Bought it about 5 weeks ago for a daily driver and weekend racer. I've been running it between 38 and 40 PSI.
is that where you just do one lap at a time? if so that should work. i run Nitto NT01 on the track in half hour sessions and start cold at 30 and end up hot around 38

PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
is that where you just do one lap at a time? if so that should work. i run Nitto NT01 on the track in half hour sessions and start cold at 30 and end up hot around 38
Fraid so. Here, they set up cones to mark a course in empty parking lots or seldom used airfields. It makes a challenge since the course is different everytime. On the 17th, they will be holding what they call an enduro where we will get to run 3-5 laps. More my style, the more the better. All things considered, I think I'm doing fairly well. I've been running about a 1 sec behind a 97 Cobra in my 88 GT. Like I mentioned, this is new for me, and he's been running at least 2 yrs. It's hard to learn the limits of the car when you run 1 lap at a time, but I'm getting there.

Colton - 06 GT Redfire
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page