Undocumented Shaker radio feature - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-30-2006 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Undocumented Shaker radio feature

I have not seen any post about this but this is what I have found:

When you are listening to an MP3 CD by default you SHAKER display the file name, and if you press the "TEXT" buton it scrolls to various informations such as album (Al), song (So), artist (Ar), File name (Fi) and track and folder info. What I just fond is that you can change manually this information you can also set what you want as the dfault view

For example if you are listening to U2 and the song Elevation Your display should show:
U2 --> ELEVATION

Which is not always practical when you have a longer group name of song(since the radio only show about 15 caracters) ex:
PINK FLOYD --> ANOT..

So if you want you SHAKER to only display the file name srcoll with the "TEXT" buton until your display shows the song name (there sould be "So" for song displayed on the second line of the display and keep it pressed until the song name flashes on the display and it stops flashing (about 10 sec) after this your radio will only display the song name as the default view.

If you want only to display the artist instead it's the same thing use the "TEXT" button the go tho the artist info ("Ar" is dislayed on the second line) and keep the "TEXT" buton depressed for 10 sec, until it stops flashing and voila !

Have fun !

PS Your MP3 files need to be properly encoded to shows all the info !

2013 Sterling Grey GT/CS Convertible with Electronic package
Ordered 8/16/2012 / Built: 10/11/2012 / Delivered: 10/31/2012

Pervious ride:
Supercharged 2005 V6 Convertible Mineral Grey, 320 RWHP X-Charger Xtreme 2.6 #150 with 3.73 8.8" rear, Dual exhaust, MGW Shifter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-30-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member

I dumped my shaker the weekend I brought this rig home, but I have heard of this option before.(and others....) The shaker is a pretty cool system, for factory. I just wanted it quite a bit louder and clearer.:green

'06 GT Vert Torch Red/Black top/int, IUP, Polished Bullits, , PioneerInfinityMTX Sound System, Tuneable Induction by DeMolet, SCT2 93 Octane Tune by Brenspeed, Red Calipers, Steeda Ultra Lites, Shifted by Hurst,
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-31-2006
S197 Member

Shaker Features

Hey Dineau, . . . Thanks for the info. I'll have to try that tonight.

I would imagine that there are some other undocumented features of the Shaker system. I believe in another post someone mentioned that if you hold down the 4-6 buttons simultaneously it will go into a diagnostic mode and will also tell you which model is installed. If it's an 'A' that's the ones that originally had a lot of problems skipping and rejecteing disc. Model 'B' didn't necessarily fix the problem 100%, but it did reduce the headache they were causing

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-31-2006
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Also the RDS is set off default, hold menu button down for 5 seconds to turn this feature on.

What that does is display radio station info and song/artist info for FM. If the station your on supports it, most do here in chicago.
Neat feature I did not see listed in the owners manual.

'06 Tungsten GT 18" CT-R Gunmetals
Xcal2, JLTII, UDP, ProKit, Dspecs, Bump Steer kit, SS brake hoses, Strut Tower Brace, UCA, Adj.LCA's, AntiSquats, Panhard bar, MGW shifter, Steeda cowl hood, Hood pins, MRT hood struts*, 14" Antenna, Sequencial TL's, 07 Plenum cover, PJ Saleen heritage fascia, CDC ductail, SSE 1/4 window louvers, MAG mirror inserts, Rear trunk painted, MGW window switch plates, Billet door lock pins, Interior trunk release, Tint.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-31-2006 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

It's 3 & 6 for the diagnostic menu.

2013 Sterling Grey GT/CS Convertible with Electronic package
Ordered 8/16/2012 / Built: 10/11/2012 / Delivered: 10/31/2012

Pervious ride:
Supercharged 2005 V6 Convertible Mineral Grey, 320 RWHP X-Charger Xtreme 2.6 #150 with 3.73 8.8" rear, Dual exhaust, MGW Shifter
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006
V6 Member
S197 Member

anyone know how to make the text scroll to show long titles?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page