LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

here ya go I toasted 2 of them at a drag strip

http://homepage.mac.com/weiss99/iMovieTheater32.html

The second one is the May 16 video

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

S197 Member

HEMI heads are old technology. There's no way to get more than two valves per cylinder with that configuration. It's all hype. There is a Charger with SRT8 badging running at our local stadium 1/8th mile - he's turning 9.7 at 75mph. Haven't checked it out at tech to see if it's real or just badging.

Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

HEMI hype

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2horseowner
HEMI heads are old technology. There's no way to get more than two valves per cylinder with that configuration. It's all hype. There is a Charger with SRT8 badging running at our local stadium 1/8th mile - he's turning 9.7 at 75mph. Haven't checked it out at tech to see if it's real or just badging.
What you just said is what I heard on a Public Radio show called "Car Talk" last year. The cylinder is known as a HEMIspherical cylinder, meaning the top is in the shape of a half sphere, which is older technology that apparently doesn't burn gas as efficiently as modern cylinder shapes. But it has the hype of being a HEMI!!!!!, and people buy it, even though they don't know what it means.

07 GT Vista Blue, Auto, C&L CAI, 3.73 gears, Alternative Auto 93 Tune, 5% Tint, Stripes, 18x9 front/18x10 rears - SOLD

12 GT Black, 6-speed, brembos, 3.73 gears

Apprentice
Classic Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member

Mustang???

AND TELL ME AGAIN WHY YOU HAVE A MUSTANG???

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEB
BS!!!!

No way a Mustang looks better than a Charger!!!

1964.5 Coupe V8, 1965 GT Coupe V8, 1979 5.0 Fastback & Sweet V6
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2horseowner
Have you noticed how many of the Chargers on the road are V6 cars? Why would you buy that Butt Ugly Pig with a sixer? And Chrysler was so cheap they couldn't even spring for a rear fascia without the extra cut-out where the dual exhaust should be. Oh - maybe that's planned for the aftermarket upgrade.
New Co' Car is a charger..& yes it's the amemic V6 ...no option for the Hemi....reason you see more V6's is that more are getting into Lease & Fleet plans ..I love old Mopars but could never stomach buying it, even in SRT Hemi Version . As a freebie it's fine . Only reason they offer it to Fleets IMO is to get them on the Road..Don't think they are selling all that well..Only Diehard mopar maniacs consider it a real charger....Challenger ...that's a WHOLE nutha Story !

White GT500 Vert / Blue Stripes- I'm waiting.....
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig703
If I remember correctly it was Motor Trend that re-ran the Bullet race in San Fran with the current models. The only area where the Charger beat the Mustang was the interior. I guess if you are looking for a slower performance car with nice seats, go with the Charger.
Buy a Charger for your wife. It's a cute, chick car. But it only looks like that from the outside.

And the inside.

The charger has four doors because Moms need to put the kids in the back. The Mustang has two doors because single men don't have kids. They have beautiful, racy, exotic girlfriends, like ours.

Dad doesn't like us, but he loves the car so we are allowed to stay for dinner. He hates the tattoos but his daughter has never been happier and no one bothers her anymore.

And hey, this guy says he might buy her a Charger....

Mary Kay should pick it for their top selling sales reps.

2006 Black, GT, spoiler delete, five speed, leather, custom welded straight pipes with resonators, sequential turn signals, Hurst Pro Performance shifter. FRPP 4.10s with Motive bearing kit, Spydershaft one piece aluminum driveshaft, w/ Spicer 1330 U-joints, Steeda UCA and LCAs, chrome moly panhard rod. bye bye wheel hop, hello traction! SCT XCalII, BBK CAI, ZEX 100 shot.
I've written a book or two. Google David Buschhorn to laugh at my scribblings.
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by speco2005
here ya go I toasted 2 of them at a drag strip

http://homepage.mac.com/weiss99/iMovieTheater32.html

The second one is the May 16 video
hahah.. did that second Charger run a 16.3? I think half the ricers on my street could take that guy out.
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEB
I call BS!!!!!

I have read what the Charger people post when they come on this site, and I know from that the GT could NEVER be faster than a charger.

They have HEMI'S, we don't. They have 345 hp, so they are faster. You are wrong!!!!!! He was not racing. I bet his engine wasn't even turned on.

Accept the defeat, NOW!!!!!, BEFORE you even try to run one!!!

That is all.
Mine has a lot of jam in her with my roushcharger:smilie The hemi don't have a chance with mine

"Consciousness. That Annoying Time Between Naps."
Eh!
05 Roush Roush suspension
Roushcharger S/C Roush 14" Brakes
Roush 18" Wheels BMR Adj. panhard bar
Roush short shifter
Roush Pedals
Billet Knobs
Upgraded interior
Shaker 1000
Silver dash kit
Sequential taillights
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

A guy in my small town has an Enzo, I'm going to go ask him to drive around in my rearview mirror now... be back soon with a race pic!

Coulda had a Hiaboza (sp?) yesterday!! Dang!!

LOL! J/K! Good Kill!!

KJ, poorer but happier

Thanks to:
Modular Depot
Fox Lake Racing
Tunable Induction
Power House 411
Sun Coast Creations
jerkstore

The new Dodge engine isn't even a real HEMI engine. It's just a name at this point. The thought about making it a real HEMI, but decided against it.

But that SRT8... 6.1L V8, 425 HP and 420 ft-lbs. All for less than $40K. Not bad for auto transmission only sedan... Put it against a Shelby GT500, that would be fun. The SRT is heavier with less power... Lets figure it out on the track.
PONY Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to AFStang
I have a feeling a new Hyabusa would fare pretty well against a mustang... just a thought

*2005 Mustang GT- Torch Red, IUP, Shaker 500, MyColor, JLT II CAI w/Brenspeed Tune, SLP L/M's, BBK T/B, Steeda UDPs, Shaker hood, B2 hood/pins,18x9.5 GT500 replicas, CDC Chin Spoiler, Roush 1/4 window louvers, 8" antenna, honeycomb blackout, MWA mirror covers, Sequential TL's, black LED projector H/L's, H/L splitters, Ducktail, Hurst equipped....

*1969 Camaro SS with 454

2000 Camaro Z-28, heavily modified
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page