Flush mounted louvers? - Ford Mustang Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006 Thread Starter
S197 Member
 
whatisee's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 186
 
Arrow Flush mounted louvers?

Does anyone know of a company that sells these? I've seen a few pictures of them and was wondering were to find them.

They're flush mounted inside the window versus on the outside of the window.

Thanks

whatisee is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member
 
Osiris's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 369
 
Ironman 1/4 windows.... 2Horseowner showed them to me...

http://jmsproductsinc.com/


Osiris - '07 Shelby GT500 - Black
under construction
Osiris is offline  
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member
 
StangNut's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Dothan
Posts: 255
 
SilverHorseRacing (the guy who makes the honeycomb rear blackout panel) is coming out with a set soon that will look like the original style louvers and be flush mounted like you're talking about.
StangNut is offline  
 
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006 Thread Starter
S197 Member
 
whatisee's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 186
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by StangNut
SilverHorseRacing (the guy who makes the honeycomb rear blackout panel) is coming out with a set soon that will look like the original style louvers and be flush mounted like you're talking about.
That's great news. Thanks for the answer. I'll try to find the picture of what I've seen already.
whatisee is offline  
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member
 
StangNut's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Dothan
Posts: 255
 
Is this the picture you're referring to?

Here's the thread where SHR has been keeping everyone up to date on the progress of the louvers.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=39193

Oh and his louvers will look a LOT better than the ones in that picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2005GTlouvers.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	16985  
StangNut is offline  
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006 Thread Starter
S197 Member
 
whatisee's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 186
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by StangNut
Is this the picture you're referring to?

Here's the thread where SHR has been keeping everyone up to date on the progress of the louvers.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=39193

Oh and his louvers will look a LOT better than the ones in that picture.
those look like the ones I saw...that on looks a litle rough, but I'm sure it was a one off. Thanks for the link.
whatisee is offline  
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member
 
StangNut's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Dothan
Posts: 255
 
Also, that's not a picture of the ones SHR is doing, but it's the only flush mount louvers I've seen. That car was at SEMA. Not sure who's it was.
StangNut is offline  
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006 Thread Starter
S197 Member
 
whatisee's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 186
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by StangNut
Also, that's not a picture of the ones SHR is doing, but it's the only flush mount louvers I've seen. That car was at SEMA. Not sure who's it was.
I can't wait to see what they've come up with. They did a nice job on the honeycomb back piece they're selling.
whatisee is offline  
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-10-2006
 
lmunz22's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 87
 
After seeing the riced out Porsche at the bottom of the page, I wouldn't buy anything fromthere!
lmunz22 is offline  
PONY Member
S197 Member
 
originalsnake's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Long Island
Posts: 285
 
Those ironman 1/4 window louvers look terrible. The second set looks pretty bad too. In MMFF ive seen ads from boyd coddington for his rims and they have a black mustang that has the vintage mustang window louvers (the real functional ones), someone has told me that they were airbrushed in but it looks like a really sweet custom job. Let me know if anyone has seen this also.

2005 Mustang GT , 5-speed , Satin Silver
Whipple with lots of extras
11.6 @ 121
originalsnake is offline  
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006 Thread Starter
S197 Member
 
whatisee's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 186
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by originalsnake
Those ironman 1/4 window louvers look terrible. The second set looks pretty bad too. In MMFF ive seen ads from boyd coddington for his rims and they have a black mustang that has the vintage mustang window louvers (the real functional ones), someone has told me that they were airbrushed in but it looks like a really sweet custom job. Let me know if anyone has seen this also.
I think that's the ad I saw....it's a Discount Tire ad for Boyd Coddington rims. It's in the newest 'Mustangs & Fast Fords' near the front.
whatisee is offline  
PONY Member
S197 Member
 
originalsnake's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Long Island
Posts: 285
 
Yeah thats the ad. Tell me those louvers dont look amazing on that car.

2005 Mustang GT , 5-speed , Satin Silver
Whipple with lots of extras
11.6 @ 121
originalsnake is offline  
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006 Thread Starter
S197 Member
 
whatisee's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 186
 
Looks like they're doing a pre-order at http://www.silverhorseracing.com/ for the Flush mounted louvers. I jst pre-ordered mine!
whatisee is offline  
PONY Member
S197 Member
 
MSgt46270's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 590
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatisee
Looks like they're doing a pre-order at http://www.silverhorseracing.com/ for the Flush mounted louvers. I jst pre-ordered mine!
Sorry to say, it looks like crap. But that's just me and to each they're own.

Saleen S/C, 4R70W Trans, 3:73 gears, 3200 stall PI, GT500 fuel pump, JBA Shorty headers.
MSgt46270 is offline  
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006 Thread Starter
S197 Member
 
whatisee's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 186
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSgt46270
Sorry to say, it looks like crap. But that's just me and to each they're own.
Why does it look like crap?

whatisee is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Installed Rear Window Louvers on my 2005 Mustang Ash GT 2005-2010 Mustang Talk 24 01-03-2009 11:06 PM
How to install rear window louvers on a 1996 Mustang? Jeer 4.6L Tech 13 10-09-2007 12:13 AM
Show me your louvers Cincy05 2005-2010 Mustang Talk 18 06-21-2006 03:54 PM
Pics of Ignition box Mounted? mustang8719 5.0L Tech 12 05-26-2006 02:08 AM
i need the right louvers vynle 2005-2010 Mustang Talk 6 07-16-2005 10:17 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1