The Downside to street Racing - Page 4 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nghtrnnr
true true...but you know i never shy from gettin bombed bro.....and a v6 mustang has more than enough power to get you past the slowpokes going 20mph under the speed limit...you bought the next level...
I bought the V8 because I like the vroom vroom sound.

AFM Site Administrator
2006 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT Manual.
Alpine H/U with Infinity speakers.
Powerhouse CAI and Tune.
Previous Mustangs:
1978 2.8 L, 1979 5.0, 1982 5.0 "HO", 1986 5.0 GT

Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
DIDNT 5TWENTY BURN RUBBER OUT OF THE DEALERSHIP? GUESS HE WASNT WORRIED ABOUT SOME LIL KID RIDING HIS LIL BIKE PAST THE LOT THEN WAS HE?
met·a·phor ( P ) Pronunciation Key (mt-fôr, -fr)
n.
A figure of speech in which a word or phrase that ordinarily designates one thing is used to designate another, thus making an implicit comparison, as in “a sea of troubles” or “All the world's a stage” (Shakespeare).
One thing conceived as representing another; a symbol: “Hollywood has always been an irresistible, prefabricated metaphor for the crass, the materialistic, the shallow, and the craven” (Neal Gabler).

When I said I laid rubber out of the dealership I wasn't being literal. I used a metaphor to express that I drive my car hard and I have since day 1. I don't street race and you won't find a post of mine indicating I do. You will find many posts of mine about how I am at the LEGAL drag races twice a week. You know, a drag strip, where there are no innocent bystanders, everyone there knows the risks, and there is a medical crew standing by for every race to make sure emergency care is available immediately in case there is an accident.

2005 Mustang GT with 300 ci 04 Cobra iron block, Kenne Bell 2.6l twin screw, P&P S3 Heads, SS valves, Comp S3 cams, Currie 9+ 9" rear end and DS, Hurst shifter, BMR K-member, A-arms, LCAs & UCA, JBA long tubes & mid-pipe, Accel COPs, Dual GT500 fuel pumps, much more...
670 RWHP, 640Tq @ 16 psi & 6400 RPM
nghtrnnr

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5twenty
met·a·phor ( P ) Pronunciation Key (mt-fôr, -fr)
n.
A figure of speech in which a word or phrase that ordinarily designates one thing is used to designate another, thus making an implicit comparison, as in “a sea of troubles” or “All the world's a stage” (Shakespeare).
One thing conceived as representing another; a symbol: “Hollywood has always been an irresistible, prefabricated metaphor for the crass, the materialistic, the shallow, and the craven” (Neal Gabler).

When I said I laid rubber out of the dealership I wasn't being literal. I used a metaphor to express that I drive my car hard and I have since day 1. I don't street race and you won't find a post of mine indicating I do. You will find many posts of mine about how I am at the LEGAL drag races twice a week. You know, a drag strip, where there are no innocent bystanders, everyone there knows the risks, and there is a medical crew standing by for every race to make sure emergency care is available immediately in case there is an accident.
oh...when i say somethin i generally mean it...when i burned rubber out the dealer i burned rubber out the dealer.....you a chick too?

S197 Member

Bottom line is this.... If you can afford to buy a 300hp hot rod, then pony up the $15 bucks and head to the track. It's legal and a hellava lot safer than running down a poorly lit street at 2 am in the morning.

Other observations:

1) Idiotism does not care about age. Just pick up the paper. It's full of fruitcakes, morons, you name it.
2) I've been and attended Drag Race, Road Race Tracks all my life. 100's of times. Never saw 1 car fly into the stands. Never…
3) If you hurt one or more of my family members through your arrogant thinking that street racing is "OK", the law, fixing you car, etc. is the VERY least of your worries. Trust me on this one.
PONY Member

Quote:
sorry...i didnt know you were a chick...then my bad...i understand your point...i thought you were a guy being soft...now i get your stance
Thanks nghtrnnr...

I've enjoyed other topics with you... I'm glad this one worked out.

'05 V6 Premium, Automatic, Redfire with Parchment interior. Added '06 Pony Package grille and foglights, custom rocker stripes, Peripheral Audio System for direct iPod play, window tint, chrome Pony-style power outlet cover and replaced Blue Oval spinners with Pony-design spinners. (Little changes are cool, too )

"Life without music would be a mistake." - An unknown, but very wise person
S197 Member

Quote:
sorry...i didnt know you were a chick...then my bad...i understand your point...i thought you were a guy being soft...now i get your stance
Ummm. On this forum we use the term "Lady" not "Chick". Unless the "Lady" request to be called a "Chick".
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcfrisch
I bought the V8 because I like the vroom vroom sound.
" 'The Sound of Power!' By Marx..."

(Assuming I'm not the only one old enough to remember that cool addition to the handle bars of guys' Schwinn Stingray bikes! )

'05 V6 Premium, Automatic, Redfire with Parchment interior. Added '06 Pony Package grille and foglights, custom rocker stripes, Peripheral Audio System for direct iPod play, window tint, chrome Pony-style power outlet cover and replaced Blue Oval spinners with Pony-design spinners. (Little changes are cool, too )

"Life without music would be a mistake." - An unknown, but very wise person
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
you a chick too?
Would that make you feel differently about my opinion?

I recall a post by you saying you would never street race again. Off the wagon?

2005 Mustang GT with 300 ci 04 Cobra iron block, Kenne Bell 2.6l twin screw, P&P S3 Heads, SS valves, Comp S3 cams, Currie 9+ 9" rear end and DS, Hurst shifter, BMR K-member, A-arms, LCAs & UCA, JBA long tubes & mid-pipe, Accel COPs, Dual GT500 fuel pumps, much more...
nghtrnnr

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006GT
Ummm. On this forum we use the term "Lady" not "Chick". Unless the "Lady" request to be called a "Chick".
***** christ guy..are you kidding me?
post #55 of 97 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member

I still think the mini-van driver that's trying to manage 4 kids, 2 pets, a cel phone, a cup of coffee and a smoke is far more dangerous than any street racer.

2010 Shelby GT500 Coupe
Grabber Blue w/white stripes, HID's, FRPP Suspension, Borla Stingers.
2014 GT Convertible
5.0, Auto, Prem, Gotta Have It Green, Cloth top, 20"Bullits, Magnaflow Street axlebacks
SOLD-(July 2 2009)2006 Mustang GT,FRPP/Whipple HO Supercharger, Satin Silver, 5spd manual, 3.55's and much more.
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05PONYCAR

(Assuming I'm not the only one old enough to remember that cool addition to the handle bars of guys' Schwinn Stingray bikes! )
I liked playing cards in the spokes.

nghtrnnr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdvision
I still think the mini-van driver that's trying to manage 4 kids, 2 pets, a cel phone, a cup of coffee and a smoke is far more dangerous than any street racer.
thank you....dont forget the southpark episode on old folks drivin...lol
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05PONYCAR

I love Stingrays. I had one when I was a kid. I had the 5 speed (stick shift style) with a banana seat and a rear slick tire. I never street raced it... However sidewalk racing was legal back then!
nghtrnnr

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5twenty
Would that make you feel differently about my opinion?

I recall a post by you saying you would never street race again. Off the wagon?
i was off the wagon by the end of that post
S197 Member

Quote:
***** christ guy..are you kidding me?
I just wanted to see your response. Not bad.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page