The Downside to street Racing - Page 5 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5twenty
Would that make you feel differently about my opinion?

I recall a post by you saying you would never street race again. Off the wagon?
HA! Mr. nghtrnnr I remember that too. You can do it! Your friends are here to help. :thumbsup

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nghtrnnr
i was off the wagon by the end of that post
So you really didn't mean what you said. But wait, you just said you mean what you say.

I'm confused.

2005 Mustang GT with 300 ci 04 Cobra iron block, Kenne Bell 2.6l twin screw, P&P S3 Heads, SS valves, Comp S3 cams, Currie 9+ 9" rear end and DS, Hurst shifter, BMR K-member, A-arms, LCAs & UCA, JBA long tubes & mid-pipe, Accel COPs, Dual GT500 fuel pumps, much more...
670 RWHP, 640Tq @ 16 psi & 6400 RPM
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006GT
I love Stingrays. I had one when I was a kid. I had the 5 speed (stick shift style) with a banana seat and a rear slick tire. I never street raced it... However sidewalk racing was legal back then!
When I was about 10 years old, I had a crush on a cute older (he was 12!) guy who rode a Pea Picker - remember, they all had those cool names... Cherry Picker, Orange Picker, etc... And I always wanted one of my own - didn't care that it was a boys' bike! I had a little Huffy one-speed with the high handle bars, a banana seat and a basket. DOH! :kooky:

Oh... And playing cards, too! :thumbsup

'05 V6 Premium, Automatic, Redfire with Parchment interior. Added '06 Pony Package grille and foglights, custom rocker stripes, Peripheral Audio System for direct iPod play, window tint, chrome Pony-style power outlet cover and replaced Blue Oval spinners with Pony-design spinners. (Little changes are cool, too )

"Life without music would be a mistake." - An unknown, but very wise person

SHELBY GT 500 Member

Quote:
I liked playing cards in the spokes.
Beat me to it.

Don't forget the Banana seat.
You beat me too that one, too,
We men don't ride bikes with baskets.

AFM Site Administrator
2006 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT Manual.
Alpine H/U with Infinity speakers.
Powerhouse CAI and Tune.
Previous Mustangs:
1978 2.8 L, 1979 5.0, 1982 5.0 "HO", 1986 5.0 GT

Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdvision
I still think the mini-van driver that's trying to manage 4 kids, 2 pets, a cel phone, a cup of coffee and a smoke is far more dangerous than any street racer.
I think it's equal. One wrong dosen't make it right, go to your room young man.

AFM Site Administrator
Powerhouse CAI and Tune.
Previous Mustangs:

S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05PONYCAR
When I was about 10 years old, I had a crush on a cute older (he was 12!) guy who rode a Pea Picker - remember, they all had those cool names... Cherry Picker, Orange Picker, etc... And I always wanted one of my own - didn't care that it was a boys' bike! I had a little Huffy one-speed with the high handle bars, a banana seat and a basket. DOH! :kooky:

Oh... And playing cards, too! :thumbsup

That was me!
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcfrisch
I think it's equal. One wrong dosen't make it right, go to your room young man.
Don't get me started on cell phone useage in the car....
nghtrnnr

Quote:
So you really didn't mean what you said. But wait, you just said you mean what you say.

I'm confused.
i know...and i do mean what i say...ofcourse i then have the right to change my mind....its a bit different from saying something metaphorically..ie..untrue...and yeah....cell phone talkers are the worst....i was almost hit by 2 of them....
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Quote:
Don't get me started on cell phone useage in the car....
or in stores, or in theaters or in buses or when they are behind you walking so you can follow their entire conversation.
Remember when phone calls were private? and now people are worried about wiretaps, lol.

AFM Site Administrator
Powerhouse CAI and Tune.
Previous Mustangs:

PONY Member

Quote:
That was me!
Whoa! Small world! Wasn't Teri Avenue great?!?

'05 V6 Premium, Automatic, Redfire with Parchment interior. Added '06 Pony Package grille and foglights, custom rocker stripes, Peripheral Audio System for direct iPod play, window tint, chrome Pony-style power outlet cover and replaced Blue Oval spinners with Pony-design spinners. (Little changes are cool, too )

GT Member
5.0L Member

Send a message via AIM to STONECOLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdvision
I still think the mini-van driver that's trying to manage 4 kids, 2 pets, a cel phone, a cup of coffee and a smoke is far more dangerous than any street racer.
Gotta admit these people make me real nervous and I think we can all agree that they do exist.

1995 Mustang GT 5.0
BBK CAI, Pro-M 75mm MAF, Pro-M Optimizer, BBK 70mm TB, GT-40 Intake, 24# Injectors, AFR 165's, 1.7 Roller rockers, Crane 2040 cam (E-303) BBK Equal Length headers, BBK O/R X-pipe, Flowmaster American Thunder 2 Chambers. FMS 3.73 Gears, Lentech AODE 2800 stall, BBK 255lph Fuel Pump, BBK Fuel Pressure Regulator. MSD 6AL, Steeda UDP's, FMS Aluminum drive shaft, Autologic chip Larocca tune.
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcfrisch
or in stores, or in theaters or in buses or when they are behind you walking so you can follow their entire conversation.
Remember when phone calls were private? and now people are worried about wiretaps, lol.
Amen!

Now for the sake of another good old fashion "Sprited Debate", let's discuss the following topic: "Talking on your cell phone WHILE street racing".

nghtrnnr, you have the floor....
PONY Member

I can't STAND cell phone talker/drivers! They're always braking for no apparent reason and changing lanes without looking, etc., etc., etc.

And then there's the doofus' that are always looking for something around their front seat, the floor... Just drive it or park it, wouldya! I actually yell things at dummies - with the window up, mostly, so I don't get shot at. It makes me feel better. *LOL*

S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05PONYCAR
Whoa! Small world! Wasn't Teri Avenue great?!?
Ummmm. SURE! Teri Avenue. Remember it like it was yesterday. I use to hang out there with my girlfriend, Morgan Fairchild, whom I played kickball with...
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by STONECOLD
Gotta admit these people make me real nervous and I think we can all agree that they do exist.
Not only do they exsist, but I think they out-number us.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page