The Downside to street Racing - Page 6 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nghtrnnr
its a bit different from saying something metaphorically..ie..untrue...
I understand it's a difficult concept for some to grasp. It's not your fault.

2005 Mustang GT with 300 ci 04 Cobra iron block, Kenne Bell 2.6l twin screw, P&P S3 Heads, SS valves, Comp S3 cams, Currie 9+ 9" rear end and DS, Hurst shifter, BMR K-member, A-arms, LCAs & UCA, JBA long tubes & mid-pipe, Accel COPs, Dual GT500 fuel pumps, much more...
670 RWHP, 640Tq @ 16 psi & 6400 RPM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006GT
Amen!

Now for the sake of another good old fashion "Sprited Debate", let's discuss the following topic: "Talking on your cell phone WHILE street racing".

nghtrnnr, you have the floor....
How about cell phone talkers putting on their make-up while disciplining children while eating fast food while street racing. I hate those guys!

2005 Mustang GT with 300 ci 04 Cobra iron block, Kenne Bell 2.6l twin screw, P&P S3 Heads, SS valves, Comp S3 cams, Currie 9+ 9" rear end and DS, Hurst shifter, BMR K-member, A-arms, LCAs & UCA, JBA long tubes & mid-pipe, Accel COPs, Dual GT500 fuel pumps, much more...
670 RWHP, 640Tq @ 16 psi & 6400 RPM
PONY Member

Quote:
Ummmm. SURE! Teri Avenue. Remember it like it was yesterday. I use to hang out there with my girlfriend, Morgan Fairchild, whom I played kickball with...
She was ugly as a kid (she was the first to admit it)! Cat-eye glasses and goofy-lookin'...

'05 V6 Premium, Automatic, Redfire with Parchment interior. Added '06 Pony Package grille and foglights, custom rocker stripes, Peripheral Audio System for direct iPod play, window tint, chrome Pony-style power outlet cover and replaced Blue Oval spinners with Pony-design spinners. (Little changes are cool, too )

"Life without music would be a mistake." - An unknown, but very wise person

S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05PONYCAR
She was ugly as a kid (she was the first to admit it)! Cat-eye glasses and goofy-lookin'...
I saw the potential! :thumbsup
PONY Member

Quote:
I saw the potential! :thumbsup
Good man!

She's a PERFECT example of someone who "grew into their looks!"

'05 V6 Premium, Automatic, Redfire with Parchment interior. Added '06 Pony Package grille and foglights, custom rocker stripes, Peripheral Audio System for direct iPod play, window tint, chrome Pony-style power outlet cover and replaced Blue Oval spinners with Pony-design spinners. (Little changes are cool, too )

"Life without music would be a mistake." - An unknown, but very wise person
PONY Member

Hey NGHTRNNR-thanks for your honesty and keeping your cool. This could have gotten out of hand. I don't race through crowded streets, but i will admit to racing off of a light. As soon as My GT is clearly ahead, and it only takes a few seconds, I slow down. I rarely get up to any high rate of speed off of the line, the car is just so quick. I do speed. I'm surrounded by highways. It's not uncommon to be alone on the road in the middle of the day. If the sun is shining and the tunes are good, I'm flying low. I'm female and 40 years old. I'm married, have a son and pretty much obey most every other law I can think of. I've always loved to drive fast. At 12, my Honda XR75 went as fast as it could go everyday in the fields and deadend street where I grew up. I guess we all need to take it to the track. I guess it wouldn't kill us. Maybe it would save us! I have a feeling those of us who race or speed will continue to do so, and those who don't will shake their heads. NGHTRNNR,please be careful out there. I enjoy your posts and opinions and I admire your honesty. You and I are not in the same league, but I do see your side. I'm going to try to do better.
PONY Member

I have a question. The highway in front of my subdivision is 60 MPH. If I am stopped at the light, and it turns green, and no cars are in front of me, in your opinion, can I get to 60 MPH as fast as I can? This is a well paved road (black top) with 2 lanes going N and 2 going S. No twists or turns. Can I get to 60 as fast as I can if I am the only car? What if, say, a Charger were beside me? Thoughts? I know, don't do it. NGHTRNNR,this is what I'm talking about. I guess real street racing is something different. Or is it? I'm about to start acting my age, I swear it!
Apprentice

street racing is bad umkay......but it is fun and the rush is awesome, but the tickets are big and the results may sometime suck......i have a short story that ended o.k. about street racing......this 911 porsche was jacking with me and my gurlfriend, i was in my then slightly modified 03' cobra , well we went at it hard and i had him covered pretty good so i was letting ,up there were 3 lanes . i was in the middle and he was on the right, i saw an unsuspecting car pull out from a side street ,dead in his lane, i hit the far left lane thinking he would follow. well he didn't , he locked it down hard and rearended the other car....the impact wasn't too bad luckily and nobody got hurt but the pride of the porsche driver and of course several thousands in damage....couldv'e been worse but ol' lady luck wuz with all.....makes you think , but then again how long do we live??? gatta have fun !!!!! and no i'm not young i am 38.....at the time 35.....

NEW PROJECT....1991 fox lx 306..e303 cam with matching springs on stock worked a lil heads..trick flow upper and lower...75mm tb and cold air w 75mm maf 24# injectors msd cap..wires..coil..sct tuner shortie headers off road h and flow tech mufflers..spec clutch 355 gears 255lph pump adj reg...adj clutch quadrant cable and firewall adj.complete suspension upgrades and driveshaft...
MACH I Member

Did do my share of street traffic light quick 3-4 gear drags. Some stupid, but others were well planned and way out where there was no chance of traffic. Even had the police attend a couple matches. It's a plus to have a strip of blacktop available to do these runs when the need arises.

2005 GT coupe
nghtrnnr

Quote:
Amen!

Now for the sake of another good old fashion "Sprited Debate", let's discuss the following topic: "Talking on your cell phone WHILE street racing".

nghtrnnr, you have the floor....

oops sorry ...i was away watching this excellent movie...i think its german...named "raw and naked"...the acting is awesome...anyway...where were we...oh....cell phone usage while streetracing...i think it sucks and guys who do that ought to be flogged but i have to stop racing for a bit anyway...hell if gas keeps going up i might have to stop driving altogether...i'm already selling my 2000 stang for a front wheel drive car that can handle snow...pontiac solstice maybe
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	85332402_269554983_0.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	17199   Click image for larger version

Name:	85614656_270510849_0.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	17200   Click image for larger version

Name:	86356989_273017492_0.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	17201   Click image for larger version

Name:	87286325_276157437_0.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	17202  
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nghtrnnr
oops sorry ...i was away watching this excellent movie...i think its german...named "raw and naked"...the acting is awesome...anyway...where were we...oh....cell phone usage while streetracing...i think it sucks and guys who do that ought to be flogged but i have to stop racing for a bit anyway...hell if gas keeps going up i might have to stop driving altogether...i'm already selling my 2000 stang for a front wheel drive car that can handle snow...pontiac solstice maybe
With the genre that "Raw and Naked" sounds like it falls in… I'm sure the acting was superb!

Solstice? That's rear wheel drive. Get what I have for bad weather and a DD.. A Gen1 Lightning. Great gas mileage (as long as the engine is off). Front wheel drive (as long as you drive it in reverse). Can comfortably seat 12-15 of your friends family (as long as they don't mind sitting in the bed). And it hauls a$$ (thank to many mods, this is true.).

I take it to the track too...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Copy of lightning 93 blk 010.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	268.9 KB
ID:	17203  
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Quote:
With the genre that "Raw and Naked" sounds like it falls in… I'm sure the acting was superb!
I wonder did it have/need subtitles?

AFM Site Administrator
2006 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT Manual.
Alpine H/U with Infinity speakers.
Powerhouse CAI and Tune.
Previous Mustangs:
1978 2.8 L, 1979 5.0, 1982 5.0 "HO", 1986 5.0 GT

Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today
nghtrnnr

it was dubbed....drat...i thought that solstice was fwd....i really like that car but i guess i cant have 2 rwd again...i like that truck
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

I have been pulled over for "Rapid acceleration." No rubber, no drifting, just a quick pull in 2nd.... he let me go with a warning though...

KJ, poorer but happier

Thanks to:
Modular Depot
Fox Lake Racing
Tunable Induction
Power House 411
Sun Coast Creations
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

PLEASE use care if you get into a street race! Please think of what CAN HAPPEN, what is in front, road, road conditions, traffic, etc. Is the other guy sober (are you?)? As some have mentioned before here; often a quick pull to show you're DA MAN will suffice! Don't go all out and see how many car lenghts you can get, in my book one car lenght, even less sometimes, is the winner! If you then wanna blow my mirrors off and be a DOUBLE LOSER go for it and I'll laugh at you!!

KJ, poorer but happier

Thanks to:
Modular Depot
Fox Lake Racing
Tunable Induction
Power House 411
Sun Coast Creations
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page