The Downside to street Racing - Page 7 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj_cinci

I have been pulled over for "Rapid acceleration." No rubber, no drifting, just a quick pull in 2nd.... he let me go with a warning though...
I got a lights & siren "chirp" from a motorcycle cop one morning on my way to work. It was still dark out and I'd just turned left and was stuck behind some doofus doing 20 in a 45. I gunned it to get around 'em and BOOM, the cop was on my butt immediately. I had no idea where he'd come from! I pulled to the right lane and slowed down, but he just went around me. Yep... I felt VERY lucky. :kooky:

'05 V6 Premium, Automatic, Redfire with Parchment interior. Added '06 Pony Package grille and foglights, custom rocker stripes, Peripheral Audio System for direct iPod play, window tint, chrome Pony-style power outlet cover and replaced Blue Oval spinners with Pony-design spinners. (Little changes are cool, too )

"Life without music would be a mistake." - An unknown, but very wise person
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

S197 Member

Rapid Acceleration is called exhibition of speed. Its a pretty big ticket in some states

PONY Member

Hey SinCity!

I'm heading out to the Oasis Hand Car Wash (Flamingo at Pecos/McLeod) in a little while... Probably hit the vacuums at about 9 a.m.

If I see you there, I'll wave.

'05 V6 Premium, Automatic, Redfire with Parchment interior. Added '06 Pony Package grille and foglights, custom rocker stripes, Peripheral Audio System for direct iPod play, window tint, chrome Pony-style power outlet cover and replaced Blue Oval spinners with Pony-design spinners. (Little changes are cool, too )

"Life without music would be a mistake." - An unknown, but very wise person

IDK how it is anywhere else, but here in Florida theres mad street racing on Saturday and Sunday nights around midnight on Gandy Bridge and another bridge, people are lined up all along the road with their cars parked everywhere, and sportbikes flyin by etc etc.. its no wonder the law was passed that if you're caught street racing, go straight to jail, lose your car, and get fined a HEFTY amount..
GT Member
S197 Member

the family and i just got back from florida a few weeks ago. disney world and cocoa beach. i tell you what, orange county sheriffs dept must be friggin huge. i swear we saw 20 units + the FHP on the way down the turnpike and the highways to cape canavaral. cops everywhere on that pike, and they were all pressing hard. i also took notice that the florida turnpike is about the smoothest road i have ever driven on. but i sooned learned why, as there is a toll booth every 2 friggin miles!! it was also VERY hard to drive 55 on that pike when i am used to OK's 75 mph pikes and 70 mph interstates... florida was nice though, will go back sometime... definately no tolerance for traffic infractions!!!

2006 Tungsten GT 5 speed -Hurst | C & L CAI, | Predator running 91 torque tune (91 race for track)-BAMA. | MAC Boomtubes | FRPP 4.10s|Kaenan 3in cowl hood.

2006 F150 Supercrew Lariat 4x4 Black- 5.4, Hellbent Steel 2.5 level with 35x12.5x20 toyo m/ts on blk XD Hoss wheels, roll up tonneau, Gotts CAI, predator 91 performance tune.

Wifes Ride: 2013 Explorer XLT 2.0 Ecoboost. Stock as stock can be, but hey... on the bright side... she has a turbo!

Pretty messed up

"It shows that government at higher levels is taking this seriously."
In February, a 23-year-old Edmonton man died in a similar incident when he lost control of his car during a race on Yellowhead Trail.

First off the goverment doesnt take anything seriously! Secondly the 23 year old man was my older brother Scott Chouinard and he was in a car accident but it was not proven to be a race! Actually the police say it was someone who pushed his car off the road! Im not saying my brother never raced cars but still.... and to the person who said u just wouldnt lose control off your car you know what sometime **** happens! Drinking and driving racing whatever is dumb and the legal limit to dirve should be 19 your not aloud to drink or smoke until your 19 so why should you be able to operate a viechle. people are dumb and they need to take driving more seriously and then maybe there wouldnt be so many deaths on the road!

Last edited by kj_cinci; 09-22-2006 at 03:55 AM.
PONY Member
S197 Member

Saw this posted on another forum....can't verify validity ;

"Since you guys brought it up. We had the Rev-It-Up event here last weekend. They were charging $10 for a hot lap in a Z06 Corvette. On one lap, the cars brakes faded away. The pro driver (with a paying spectator) crashed at an obscene speed. The car went completely sideways, crashed into a cub, a fire hydrant (which landed over 100 ft away), a pole, and a tree before exploding into flames. Luckily there were only minor injuries (don't ask me how).

The event is - http://www.revitupracing.com"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Z06 Wreck.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	332.0 KB
ID:	19725  

White GT500 Vert / Blue Stripes- I'm waiting.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page