Two Thumbs Up For Brenspeed - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
MACH I Member

Garage
Hey Waxed, haven't seen you around for a while....good pointer on the "work" car...I kept my 97 Taurus just for that reason...drive the pony just for fun and antagonizing the locals. :laughlitt

IF MY CAR WENT AS FAST AS THE MONEY I SPEND ON IT, I'D WIN EVERY RACE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice
S197 Member

Just put on 87 oct tune from Brenspeed, what a difference in response and power. I was getting 22-24 mpg, highway when stock with my automatic 06 GT before. Now highway trips are showing just under 27 mpg. The 87 tune even chirps rear wheels on shift from 2nd to 3rd. Haven't tried it fully yet. Can't be happier! Later I'll try the 89 and 91 octane tunes on the Xcal2.

06 Tunstang C & L CAI SCT Xcal 2, MRT Plenum Cover

Saleen VI Stage 3 Brenspeed 530 hp, Comp Cams VSR 127300, 410 gears, Trufiber 3" Cowl Hood
MACH I Member

Garage
get the 93 octane, have your shift limits modified and she'll bark in 2nd and 3rd and chirp in 4th.....hold on too, the g's are wicked. gotta get better rear shocks, getting tremondous front end lift on WOT.

IF MY CAR WENT AS FAST AS THE MONEY I SPEND ON IT, I'D WIN EVERY RACE

Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTSTANG06
get the 93 octane, have your shift limits modified and she'll bark in 2nd and 3rd and chirp in 4th.....hold on too, the g's are wicked. gotta get better rear shocks, getting tremondous front end lift on WOT.
Changed to 91 octane - that's all that is available here- Wow! is all I can say. Pretty happy with that. Cobra ft end going on right away as all parts are now in and bumper cover being painted.

Saleen VI Stage 3 Brenspeed 530 hp, Comp Cams VSR 127300, 410 gears, Trufiber 3" Cowl Hood
Apprentice

Unbefreakinleavable!

I jumped in with both feet and installed Brenspeed's 93 octane X-Cal2 tune straight up with the addition of my C&L Racer CAI kit.

It has been a week and I am still trying to re-learn how to drive this thing. It is now a whole new animal.

Luckilly, gas prices came down a bit recently but I think I'd pay the price anyway just for the fun factor!

2006 Legend Lime Mustang GT/Manual Trans/some mods(tired of updating) 13.257 @ 109.36 on stock 18 fanblades and stock BGFs wth CAI, tune, UDPs
1967 Lime Gold Galaxie 500 XL/390 4bbl/Toploader
1966 Mustang Coupe/bare metal (rebuild in process-slowly)/engine&trans TBD
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mot250
Unbefreakinleavable!

I jumped in with both feet and installed Brenspeed's 93 octane X-Cal2 tune straight up with the addition of my C&L Racer CAI kit.

It has been a week and I am still trying to re-learn how to drive this thing. It is now a whole new animal.

Luckilly, gas prices came down a bit recently but I think I'd pay the price anyway just for the fun factor!
Wow...I ordered the same intake and sct from BamaChips...hope my results are similar
PONY Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to AFStang
From what I've heard, both Bamachips and Brenspeed are comparable in performance.. havent heard anythig but positive feedback from both. I'm sure you'll be more than happy with Bama!

*2005 Mustang GT- Torch Red, IUP, Shaker 500, MyColor, JLT II CAI w/Brenspeed Tune, SLP L/M's, BBK T/B, Steeda UDPs, Shaker hood, B2 hood/pins,18x9.5 GT500 replicas, CDC Chin Spoiler, Roush 1/4 window louvers, 8" antenna, honeycomb blackout, MWA mirror covers, Sequential TL's, black LED projector H/L's, H/L splitters, Ducktail, Hurst equipped....

*1969 Camaro SS with 454

2000 Camaro Z-28, heavily modified
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Quote:
Unbefreakinleavable!

I tried going back to an 87 tune once. Didn't last long. You really get spoiled with the 93.

1965 Mustang Coupe
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFStang
From what I've heard, both Bamachips and Brenspeed are comparable in performance.. havent heard anythig but positive feedback from both. I'm sure you'll be more than happy with Bama!
Thats very reasuring...thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw0scoops123
I guess ytou have to look at it like this:

A full tank costs you say 46 bucks @ 2.90 for 87.
What's another $3.20(an extra 20 cents per gallon)?

Say you spend 2200 bucks on gas per year(4 fillups per month), about another 144 bucks extra for the 93 every year...doesn't seem so bad now does it? :-P

or maybe it does...LOL sorry

PS my numbers were a little rounded so they might be off a couple dollars
wow a year? i spent 1300 in one month just a few months ago, god i love driving my stang <3
S197 Member

Yeah you do, that's about 28 tankfulls.
PONY Member
S197 Member

I'm running the 93 octane tune from Brenspeed,......excellent customer service. Brent explained that with 93 octane the engine can make more torque, at lower rpms,.....less reving necessary for same exceleration. Potential savings if you can keep ur foot out of it.(not possible) Also it is nice for the knock sensor not having to constantly retard timing to make up for weak gas......to me 93 is the only way to go. Now if you are just burning gas on a highway comute......then the 87 tune would be the way to go.

'06 GT Vert Torch Red/Black top/int, IUP, Polished Bullits, , PioneerInfinityMTX Sound System, Tuneable Induction by DeMolet, SCT2 93 Octane Tune by Brenspeed, Red Calipers, Steeda Ultra Lites, Shifted by Hurst,
Apprentice

track tested

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoNomyk
Wow...I ordered the same intake and sct from BamaChips...hope my results are similar
I went from 13.678 at 103.30 stock to 13.439 at 104.99 with the C&L and Brenspeed 93 octane tune. That's just almost a full 1/4 second drop! There may be more left in her yet if I can learn how to minimize the spinning on the stock street radials at the launch...

Good luck with yours AirGoNomynk! I'm sure you'll love it...

2006 Legend Lime Mustang GT/Manual Trans/some mods(tired of updating) 13.257 @ 109.36 on stock 18 fanblades and stock BGFs wth CAI, tune, UDPs
1967 Lime Gold Galaxie 500 XL/390 4bbl/Toploader
1966 Mustang Coupe/bare metal (rebuild in process-slowly)/engine&trans TBD
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Quote:
I went from 13.678 at 103.30 stock to 13.439 at 104.99 with the C&L and Brenspeed 93 octane tune. That's just almost a full 1/4 second drop! There may be more left in her yet if I can learn how to minimize the spinning on the stock street radials at the launch...

Good luck with yours AirGoNomynk! I'm sure you'll love it...
Very nice improvement with just those two mods! I'll bet the LCA relocation brackets probably helped a bit too.

1965 Mustang Coupe

Just got my C&L (street) and 87 Octane flash (brenspeed) installed today.... and holy $hit.

My 06 GT (AUTO) just about *leapt* from the pavement when I put my foot on the gas. Im sure this has some nice improvements for manual transmission drivers, but for my automatic- its literaly like a different car..... Im almost embarrassed to admit that at first i thought something was wrong- the car really jumped! I dont think Im exagerating to say I have to drive this car differently now.... Funny thing is- with the changes to the shifting of the AUTO- I dont know that I could match its performance manually (even if I wanted to try).

Its almost the same feeling I had when test driving a V6- then a GT. Dramatic.:eyepoppin

I had heard good things- but this was shocking..... oh- and the sound? It scared my wife.....she was standing in the garage when I fired it up (hood up). She said it sounded like a wild animal..... hmmm- I like that. My neighbor actually looked up (from his lawnmower!) when I finally pulled away from the curb.... wow....

Anyways- once I burn off this tank of 87 (wont take long!) - Im anxious to try the other tunes- though I hardly beleive they could be better.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page