Two Thumbs Up For Brenspeed - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowepg
Just got my C&L (street) and 87 Octane flash (brenspeed) installed today.... and holy $hit.

My 06 GT (AUTO) just about *leapt* from the pavement when I put my foot on the gas. Im sure this has some nice improvements for manual transmission drivers, but for my automatic- its literaly like a different car..... Im almost embarrassed to admit that at first i thought something was wrong- the car really jumped! I dont think Im exagerating to say I have to drive this car differently now.... Funny thing is- with the changes to the shifting of the AUTO- I dont know that I could match its performance manually (even if I wanted to try).

Its almost the same feeling I had when test driving a V6- then a GT. Dramatic.:eyepoppin

I had heard good things- but this was shocking..... oh- and the sound? It scared my wife.....she was standing in the garage when I fired it up (hood up). She said it sounded like a wild animal..... hmmm- I like that. My neighbor actually looked up (from his lawnmower!) when I finally pulled away from the curb.... wow....

Anyways- once I burn off this tank of 87 (wont take long!) - Im anxious to try the other tunes- though I hardly beleive they could be better.
Just wait... Once you go 93, you'll never go back

1965 Mustang Coupe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlwagon
Very nice improvement with just those two mods! I'll bet the LCA relocation brackets probably helped a bit too.
I'm sure I'd notice a bigger improvement form the LCA relocations brackets with DRs or slicks. Still get a bunch of wheel spin off the launch if I'm not careful but I've noticed the tire shake I used to get during the short tire cleaning "burn-out' has gone away...

2006 Legend Lime Mustang GT/Manual Trans/some mods(tired of updating) 13.257 @ 109.36 on stock 18 fanblades and stock BGFs wth CAI, tune, UDPs
1967 Lime Gold Galaxie 500 XL/390 4bbl/Toploader
1966 Mustang Coupe/bare metal (rebuild in process-slowly)/engine&trans TBD
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by mot250
I'm sure I'd notice a bigger improvement form the LCA relocations brackets with DRs or slicks. Still get a bunch of wheel spin off the launch if I'm not careful but I've noticed the tire shake I used to get during the short tire cleaning "burn-out' has gone away...
I think you'll see an even bigger difference once you install that new 3rd link!

1965 Mustang Coupe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page