Two Thumbs Up For Brenspeed - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-21-2006 Thread Starter

Two Thumbs Up For Brenspeed

Installed C&L CAI with Brenspeed tune. One word, Awesome!! Night and day difference and I am only running the 87 tune. I am sure there are other fine tuners out there, but I recommend Brenspeed to anyone looking to make their Stang more responsive.

Will eventually upload the 93 tune for comparison sake, but right now I am very happy with 87.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-21-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
I have the K&N CAI and the SCT XCal2 turner tuned by Brenspeed, and I agree, awesome!!!

post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-21-2006
S197 Member

Been saying that for a long time.........Brent and his crew at Brenspeed is awesome!

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-21-2006
MACH I Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIGQUICK
Installed C&L CAI with Brenspeed tune. One word, Awesome!! Night and day difference and I am only running the 87 tune. I am sure there are other fine tuners out there, but I recommend Brenspeed to anyone looking to make their Stang more responsive.

Will eventually upload the 93 tune for comparison sake, but right now I am very happy with 87.
When you finally get the 93 tune, you'll be impressed all over again. What these ponies can do with little modification is exciting...and it never seems to end, one mod after another..kinda like chasing after the Holy Grail. Had my first challenge today by a new Daytona Charger-Hemi...the driver is probably still spanking his car for embarassing him like that....live and learn!! :smoke:

IF MY CAR WENT AS FAST AS THE MONEY I SPEND ON IT, I'D WIN EVERY RACE
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006
BOSS Member
S197 Member

Couple questions:

Do you guys who got a CAI and tune plan to go SUpercharger down the road? OR are you content with the CAI?

Which do you guys like better Evolution's tunes? Or Brenspeed? I know Brenspeed is great from what I hear, and so is Evo, however, Evo is about a 2 hour drive from my house and he has a dyno, so it might be more worth my while to get my stuff from him...

SOLD -2005 Black GT Whipple HO| Oil Seperator | Steeda Tensioner | 93 dyno tune | Autometer Cobalt | GTAs | Eibach Pro-kit | Tokico D-Specs | CHE UCA | BMR PH | BMR LCA | BMR LCA Bracket | 18x9/10 Deep Dish Bullits

2013 Shelby GT500
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw0scoops123
Couple questions:

Do you guys who got a CAI and tune plan to go SUpercharger down the road? OR are you content with the CAI?

Which do you guys like better Evolution's tunes? Or Brenspeed? I know Brenspeed is great from what I hear, and so is Evo, however, Evo is about a 2 hour drive from my house and he has a dyno, so it might be more worth my while to get my stuff from him...
I'll probably stay N/A. Just can't justify the $4-6,000 to S/C. But may add a 75 shot down the road. Can't comment on the Evo tunes. The big 3 seem to been Evo, Bamachips, and Brenspeed. I've been very satisfied with my Brenspeed tune.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006
BOSS Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlwagon
I'll probably stay N/A. Just can't justify the $4-6,000 to S/C. But may add a 75 shot down the road. Can't comment on the Evo tunes. The big 3 seem to been Evo, Bamachips, and Brenspeed. I've been very satisfied with my Brenspeed tune.
Yeah. I might go to the track once in my life, but that's about it since this is my daily driver, I can't risk injury to it. So I'm having trouble jusifying a S/C. The CAI provides some extra boost in performance, while keeping the $$$ down(and no added stress on the engine).

SOLD -2005 Black GT Whipple HO| Oil Seperator | Steeda Tensioner | 93 dyno tune | Autometer Cobalt | GTAs | Eibach Pro-kit | Tokico D-Specs | CHE UCA | BMR PH | BMR LCA | BMR LCA Bracket | 18x9/10 Deep Dish Bullits

2013 Shelby GT500
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006
S197 Member

I agree as well. I installed the C&L CAI and SCT XCAL2 tune from Brenspeed in the spring. :thumbsup VERY VERY HAPPY with the whole thing. Currently running the 93 tune and love it. Except the price of 93 SUCKS!!!!!!
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006
BOSS Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfire GT
I agree as well. I installed the C&L CAI and SCT XCAL2 tune from Brenspeed in the spring. :thumbsup VERY VERY HAPPY with the whole thing. Currently running the 93 tune and love it. Except the price of 93 SUCKS!!!!!!
I guess ytou have to look at it like this:

A full tank costs you say 46 bucks @ 2.90 for 87.
What's another $3.20(an extra 20 cents per gallon)?

Say you spend 2200 bucks on gas per year(4 fillups per month), about another 144 bucks extra for the 93 every year...doesn't seem so bad now does it? :-P

or maybe it does...LOL sorry

PS my numbers were a little rounded so they might be off a couple dollars

2013 Shelby GT500
S197 Member

Quote:

Say you spend 2200 bucks on gas per year(4 fillups per month), about another 144 bucks extra for the 93 every year...doesn't seem so bad now does it? :-P

A very good point twoscoops however I fill up about three times per week . I commute about 50 miles each way to work so it hurts a lil more than that. Either way I have stuck with the 93 tune because it just feels that much better. I guess thats the price I have to pay for the fun I want to have.....
BOSS Member
S197 Member

Quote:
A very good point twoscoops however I fill up about three times per week . I commute about 50 miles each way to work so it hurts a lil more than that. Either way I have stuck with the 93 tune because it just feels that much better. I guess thats the price I have to pay for the fun I want to have.....
Yikes. Thats a hefty commute

2013 Shelby GT500
MACH I Member

Garage
Quote:
Couple questions:

If you have the opportunity to get a dyno tune, do it. Many of the canned tunes are good, some better than others, with Excellent Customer Service being the real deciding factor. As I was told when I had mine done, no 2 cars are alike, especially with the S197's, so what may be good for one is not necessarily right for the other. Having a dyno tune takes out the guess work and individualizes it. If all that makes sense. As far as adding a S/C, not for me. To costly and to many parts to go bad. I'll be staying NA, with a Zex Kit on my list as a future mod....maybe this fall. :kooky:

IF MY CAR WENT AS FAST AS THE MONEY I SPEND ON IT, I'D WIN EVERY RACE

Hi there

Have any of you tried both Bamachips and Brenspeed tunes on your cars? How would you compare the two?
GT Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:

As one of the writers in Road and Track put it, gasoline is "liquid entertainment."

2016 GT350, tech pack, JLT intake, Lund flex tune
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Waxed'05 GT
Quote:
I know this is off topic, but... buy a beater 4 cylinder that will pay for itself in the gas savings. (I made sure I kept my beater and my car still even SMELLS like new 8 months later) <2000 miles on her
my two cents...

'97 Cobra Vert - sold
'06 GT Sold 6/2010
Current: '06 F-250 Diesel, '10 CR-V, '11 Civic (Lease)

Ordered 12/12/12 Built 1/25/13 dealer received 1/30/13
2014 GHIG V6 Stick w/Perf. Pkg

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page