Finally ordered some goodies - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-30-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Talking Finally ordered some goodies

Yeah i finally pulled the trigger on some goodies. Alot of you guys will disagree with my choices but o well its what i wanted and if i need to change out the exhaust (or anything else) later on or whatever i will. My 06 gt is completely stock right now (until i receive my order from AM) and needs to breath. Its about a 70%strip/track/fooling around and about a 30% daily driver kind of car, so i wanted loud and ballsie .

I ordered the following from american muscle for a great price.

Pypes o/r h-pipe
Pypes muffler delete axlebacks
Billet shift knob
matte black hash marks (left side only to see how it looks
JLT CAI
LiveWire tuner

Im gonna go nuts until i can put my hand this stuff!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-30-2013
BOSS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by j12racer View Post
Yeah i finally pulled the trigger on some goodies. Alot of you guys will disagree with my choices but o well its what i wanted and if i need to change out the exhaust (or anything else) later on or whatever i will. My 06 gt is completely stock right now (until i receive my order from AM) and needs to breath. Its about a 70%strip/track/fooling around and about a 30% daily driver kind of car, so i wanted loud and ballsie .

I ordered the following from american muscle for a great price.

Pypes o/r h-pipe
Pypes muffler delete axlebacks
Billet shift knob
matte black hash marks (left side only to see how it looks
JLT CAI
LiveWire tuner

Im gonna go nuts until i can put my hand this stuff!!!!

Very cool! That's a great build list. I love all of the mods you went with. This will definitely let your Mustang breath, make it loud and pick up some good power!

Definitely let us know how everything works out, we'd love to check out your build when its complete!

-Dan

Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-01-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Thanks to the holidays I wont be getting my stuff till the 7th. I should not have paid for the guaranteed 3 day shipping. Its not AM's fault they got all my stuff to the warehouse the next day! Ive talked on the phone a few times to there customer service, and they are awesome.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-09-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Got my stuff in. All looks great thanks dan and AM .

I installed the hash mark vinyls, shift knob, and plugged in the livewire ts. The hash marks arent for everybody but I like em alot. Ill be doing the exhuast in a day or two.

I tried to upload pics from the autoguide app but no workie

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-09-2014
PONY Member
S197 Member

Good start !
Think about rear gears for your next mod.... 3:73 - 4:10's
You will definitely feel the difference

2007 Black on Black, GT 6 Speed
B326 (5.3L) Built Stroker,FRPP CNC PORTED Heads,Kooks LT's,Hi-Flow Catted H,Aluminum Drive Shaft,4:10 Gears,Tokico, Eibach Pro,Nitto 555R,,UCA/LCA, ,HotRod Cams,FRPP 62mm TB,Whipple HO-Intercooled SC,GT-500 Dual Fuel Pumps,Steeda-Whipple 10 Rib Belt Drive System,15 psi, Mcleod RXT Twin Disc Clutch, Moroso 7qt oil pan. Tremec T56 Magnum XL 6 Speed
Plus more...
709 RWHP/712 RWTQ
Mustang Dyno
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-09-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Thanks gte. Yeah I was thinking some gears would be next. But possibly some suspension work first

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-10-2014
PONY Member

Off road mid pipe and straight thru mufflers is going to be obnoxiously loud, sound terrible, and should get you a few tickets. Let us know how you like the setup though, you're the one that matters.

JLT series 3 c.a.i., detroit rocker cams, various tunes, roush front fascia w/chin spoiler.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-10-2014
GT Member

I hope that 30% of the time it's a "daily driver" you go easy on the throttle...you may have some pissed off neighbors & officers that would like to speak to you!

'05 Mustang GT Premium
CMS Stage 1 cams, C&L Racer, Lito tune, Jeg's oil sep, CMDP, SR UDP's, JBA stainless LT's & catted H, Magnaflow resonators, MBRP axle back, BMR springs, Koni STR.T, BMR LCA's & backets, J&M upper & mount, J&M Al panhard, DIY panhard brace, Steeda Tri-Ax, smoked corners, Raxiom Vector tails, Brembos, S550 GT Premium wheels, 2010+ door panels
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-11-2014
PONY Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

How did everything turn out for you?
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-12-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

I installed the exhaust friday. Sounds beast thats for sure. As for pissed off neighbors, yeah i could easily piss off the whole neighborhood, but as long as Im not on the throttle to hard its pretty tamed. If i get on it its louder than loud. The cops havent noticed yet. Saturday i pulled up next to one at a stop light, and once again just go easy on her and all is good. He didnt even flinch at me. Its only been a few days though so i may be eating my words soon who knows.
PONY Member

I have pypes bomb axleback and off road h pipe, and I love it. Sounds amazing and I haven't gotten any complaints from the neighbors or been pulled over. So far so good!

2008 GT Premium white with black leather, 5 speed, California special front end, roush 9 bar black grille, Cervini's 3 inch cowl, JLT 3 CAI and tune, Pypes Bomb axleback and OR/H, runs on E85, Steeda Underdrive Pulleys, Charge motion delete plates, 18 inch TSW Nurburgring, Eibach Sportlines, Blackout turn signals and LED sequentail tail lights, Retro Solutions 55W 6000K HIDs, decklid panel, 15% tint, JVC double din HU, billet interior accessories, white mirror covers, LEDs.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-16-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

So I have a little cash left over and Im looking at a few different things to get, and I was hoping you guys would give me some suggestions. My hood has a small dent on the front right next to the point of the hood so i was thinking of getting a cowl hood cuz they look so sexy. Then i started looking at some cams on the AM webiste. now im thinking i could put the cash back for a few months towards some AMR Saleen or AMR black wheels. What do you guys think?
Apprentice

Save the body work for last, do the suspension then the engine then the inside then last the body. This way you have the beast ready to look great on the outside as well. Plus you know you will get some dings until your done modding.

FRRP cams,FRRP intake manifold,FRRP 4.10 gears, FRRP CNC ported heads,FRRP CAI, FRRP throttle body, FRRP shifter,paperformance alternator, Steada under drive pulley. FRRP exhaust.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-16-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Yeah. now that you mention it im thinkg lowering springs panhard and cams. . Should i go stage 1 or stage 2 cam?? Mutha thumpr?
Rookie
S197 Member

I've heard great reviews on the Brenspeed Detroit Rocker for our 4.6 motors. Apparently most of the other cams such as FRPP Hot Rods, Mutha Thumprs, etc. suffer some driveability in the lower RPM's, causing the car to "surge". My local shop told me the Detroit Rockers still give that lopey sound at idle, have excellent driveability and nice power gains comparable to the other cams on the market. There aren't many Youtube vidoes out there ot hear them in action. Just do you research and pick what meets your needs.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page