Tell us about your dealer...good or bad - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools

Our dealer is Heritage Ford in Cookeville, TN. Bought 2003 F250 extended cab in '03 new, treated us great that first go around. Loved our salesrep. Went back Dec 04 and ordered our 05 GT, it did not come in for 6mthsand at that time we put our name down for the GT500. It had just been announced. They gave us every excuse in the world for why our 05 GT had not come it. Sometimes they could not even tell us anything about the car. In Oct we traded the 03 Diesel in for a 06 F250 Lariet Diesel Crewcab, the deal was fair. Now its July 06, and its been 15 mths since we signed up for our Shelby, calling on a regular basis. There are 3 loyal customers down to get their promised 3 cars. That is all we have talked about for the last year and now that it is down to the wire the owner has decied that he wants to jack the price up 15grand over msrp on us, a local doctor and the previous owner of the dealership. That just really turns me off on FORD after purchasing 3 BRAND NEW vehicles in the past few years from that one dealership. They had rather have that bit of mone and give up more in the future from us. We haven't scratched the car yet in case they give in but if they don't we will never buy from them again.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

S197 Member

I bought a
1995 GT
and a 2000 GT
And a 2003 GT from the same dealer.....
I wanted a 2006 Stang GT and they were telling me that it will be over sticker.
Even if I have bought from them in the past did not matter..
As I have said in the past it does not matter what you have bought and they really don't care...
And I am sure the salesperson that you have bought your last car is not working at the dealership anymore....
When I went in the dealership for a problem with my 2003 stang GT car the Repair manager did not want to hear about my problems....
Went somewhere else and they fixed it with no problems and took 5 days,but thats ok it was under parts and labor...
As I have said most on this site are from ford and they will not say anything bad about them...
Forget about the dealer that you have bought from in the past.Because they really don't care about you...
I have found out the hard way and will always will use a different dealer the next time that I will buy a car...It will be next year and screw my dealer that i have used in the pasted because of the repair department...{sorry about my spelling its the wine}.........JT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnytuinals
I bought a
1995 GT
and a 2000 GT
And a 2003 GT from the same dealer.....
I wanted a 2006 Stang GT and they were telling me that it will be over sticker.
Even if I have bought from them in the past did not matter..
As I have said in the past it does not matter what you have bought and they really don't care...
And I am sure the salesperson that you have bought your last car is not working at the dealership anymore....
When I went in the dealership for a problem with my 2003 stang GT car the Repair manager did not want to hear about my problems....
Went somewhere else and they fixed it with no problems and took 5 days,but thats ok it was under parts and labor...
As I have said most on this site are from ford and they will not say anything bad about them...
Forget about the dealer that you have bought from in the past.Because they really don't care about you...
I have found out the hard way and will always will use a different dealer the next time that I will buy a car...It will be next year and screw my dealer that i have used in the pasted because of the repair department...{sorry about my spelling its the wine}.........JT

The same salesman is still there, he's been there for like 30 yrs. He's done us right in the past on our trade in's and we've been pleased with their service so far but now we are done with them if they shaft us on this car.

S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyppus
Friendly and professional. My 07 was delivered yesterday, and cool sales guy let me "test drive" it by myself for a while, said "just be careful." I brought it back a few hours later before they closed so they could detail and stripe it today and then I'll sign the paperwork this evening.

They said they install FRPP parts and support the warranty with those parts, but I guess the proof is in the pudding.
Dont believe that for a second. Never seen or heard that before. Its rare enough to find a dealer thats even willing to put on any mods.
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoNomyk
Who and where is your dealer? Would you recommend them to other members? What was your experience with them?
Good thread you started here to get the word out. I bought my 06 gt from GULLO Ford in Conroe, Texas. I have bought over 15 new cars in the past and this was the best experience ever with a dealership!! Ordered the car for 2k under msrp with an x plan. No bs from the salesman, excellent service dept. with a DYNO and a loaner car any time I have warranty work. The body shop is TOPS and they have an excellent painter. They have a service mechanic who is great with after market add ons and really knows Mustangs. The one to AVOID at all costs in the Houston area is Planet Ford.
post #36 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006 Thread Starter
S197 Member

I'd like to remind everyone to state the dealer's name and location...but also tell us about repairs and warranty issues, good or bad. Thanks to all posters
V6 Member
S197 Member

From NYC but was down in Virginia Beach, VA on vacation where I bought my mustang. Beach Ford was the dealer on VA Beach Blvd. They had about 110 mustangs on their lot alone, a mix of GT's and V6's Coupes or Convertibles in every color! Great experience, great deal and no hassel! Even though I am from NYC, I would not hesitate to buy a ford from them again. Their service center looked OK but didnt have any work done there since I bought my car new. I talked to the service reps down there and they seemed pretty nice to help me out when I needed something even if I wasnt from there. I can see in their shop, they have alot of cars and alot of technitians actually doing their job.
PONY Member
S197 Member

Keystone Ford Greencastle PA.. Thad and Frank (young) are awesome guys!! TOTALLY RECOMMEND

Planet Ford in Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark
Good thread you started here to get the word out. I bought my 06 gt from GULLO Ford in Conroe, Texas. I have bought over 15 new cars in the past and this was the best experience ever with a dealership!! Ordered the car for 2k under msrp with an x plan. No bs from the salesman, excellent service dept. with a DYNO and a loaner car any time I have warranty work. The body shop is TOPS and they have an excellent painter. They have a service mechanic who is great with after market add ons and really knows Mustangs. The one to AVOID at all costs in the Houston area is Planet Ford.
Believe it or not but they fixed my problem. I bought a brand new 06 GT from them and had them paint and install the Cervinis C-300. Well they had someone else do it but anyway, it took three weeks plus two weeks waiting on parts. So I go to pick my car up Friday at lunch before the forth of July weekend. The first thing I noticed was the spoiler wasn't even installed, Damn it!! Well as I start looking at the quality of the paint (it's black) and the quality of the installation I see overspray on the hood, swirl marks like crazy, runs, parts not even fit up right, cracks in the paint, fingerprints in the clear, etc, etc, etc. They had some other shop do this custom work for them. They wouldn't say who. I take the car home cause I'm absolutely livid at this point. The side exhaust did sound sweet though. After I go over the whole car and photograph every problem I put together a report and emailed it to Planet Ford. The next day they call me up and tell me to bring the car up there and pick out a new one. This is after I've had it like six weeks. All my money for the aftermarket and the difference is being refunded. So even after I spent over six weeks trying to get my car the way I wanted it I at least get to start over from scratch with none of my money lost and a new car with 15 miles on it. So good for them, they could have made me fight to have everything pulled back off repainted and reinstalled and another three weeks of waiting and probably a crappy job. I thought that was a pretty big thing for them to do. Even though I gotta start over.
post #40 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSpanky
Believe it or not but they fixed my problem. I bought a brand new 06 GT from them and had them paint and install the Cervinis C-300. Well they had someone else do it but anyway, it took three weeks plus two weeks waiting on parts. So I go to pick my car up Friday at lunch before the forth of July weekend. The first thing I noticed was the spoiler wasn't even installed, Damn it!! Well as I start looking at the quality of the paint (it's black) and the quality of the installation I see overspray on the hood, swirl marks like crazy, runs, parts not even fit up right, cracks in the paint, fingerprints in the clear, etc, etc, etc. They had some other shop do this custom work for them. They wouldn't say who. I take the car home cause I'm absolutely livid at this point. The side exhaust did sound sweet though. After I go over the whole car and photograph every problem I put together a report and emailed it to Planet Ford. The next day they call me up and tell me to bring the car up there and pick out a new one. This is after I've had it like six weeks. All my money for the aftermarket and the difference is being refunded. So even after I spent over six weeks trying to get my car the way I wanted it I at least get to start over from scratch with none of my money lost and a new car with 15 miles on it. So good for them, they could have made me fight to have everything pulled back off repainted and reinstalled and another three weeks of waiting and probably a crappy job. I thought that was a pretty big thing for them to do. Even though I gotta start over.
Well...this thread has taught us that when in Houston don't take your steed to Planet Ford! Thanks for the heads up
S197 Member

My X dealer syosset ford in syosset, new york

read why they are my X dealer here https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...ad.php?t=62004
Apprentice
S197 Member

I got mine at Family Ford in Netcong, NJ. Plus had my first service done for free and done in 1 hour.

American Muscle- 2006 Legend Lime Metallic V8 GT Coupe, Shaker 500 Stereo System, Tint, Borla Exhaust, Diablosport Predator Tuner, K & N Cold Air Intake, 12" Racing Stripes, Roush Quarter Window Louvers, Roush Pedals, Hurst Short Shifter, Sequential Tail Lights, Trip Tunes, And there is more to come......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page