Which Part Number Airaid intake is best - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_Ryan View Post
I think the only difference between the 2 you're looking at is one has a removable sleeve that fits inside the tube where the MAF is so you can run a factory tune, and one doesn't.
I believe this is accurate. It is also the explanation as to why the "no tune needed" one costs more - there is an extra part in there that you have to pay for...

Matt

2006 GT - Vortech polished w/ intercooler, Eibach suspension, Hurst short-throw, some other goodies - tuned by Paul's High Performance. It moves...

and it collects dust admirably while parked for repairs in the garage...

SOLD - 1995 Black Mustang GT, AODE. Loved it, but I had to let it go...

mjmalegalsolutions.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-09-2014 Thread Starter
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I ended up ordering the 450-304 intake.

I didn't realize they both used the same tube, but the other one had the insert and the this one doesn't. I guess that makes sense. I think the C&L intake does that too if I'm not mistaken.

I've got a tuner, and tunes for life from AM, so I don't need the insert. It saved me $20 to get the the -304 intake, so I'm happy. I don't know when I will receive it. I can't wait for it to get here though. It should be fun

2008 Mustang GT Deluxe, Black, Manual Transmission, Black Cloth Interior
Show: Katzkin Leather Interior, Matte Black 10" Stripes, NXT Step Performance Axlebacks, Pypes M80 Mufflers (mid mounted), CDC Sequential Tail Lights, 14" Shorty Antenna, Ford OEM Plenum Cover, Ford Semigloss Black Painted Valve Covers, Leather Wrapped OEM Steering Wheel
Go: Airaid Race CAI, BAMA Tune, J&M Lower Control Arms, JLT Oil Separator
Coming Soon: Motive 4.10 gears
GT Member

Cool

Just me get some CRC TB cleaner and MAF cleaner. Then reprogram the TB after taking the negative terminal off and let it sit for 20 minutes before you clean everything up.
To reprogram or calibrate the TB after the new Tune is reprogrammed just bring the key to power but do not start push the accelerator pedal slowly to the floor and hold just a second or 2 then slowly bring to top, or neutral position turn off key wait a couple of seconds then start.

Now some would say return to stock tune then load the updated Tune for the new CAI update and run 93 octane Tune to get your money worth.

The idea behind taking the negative cable off for 20 minutes is to get the adaptive learning reset and it will adapt to the new settings that the Tune brings to the table.

I have done it and just go out and get a little aggressive. I let it warm up a little in this cool weather at idle then go stretch that Pony's legs a little.
You will like the results and getting on the HWY. a breeze. Downshifts to make a nice pass is effortless.

T Wayne

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-24-2014 Thread Starter
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I got my intake!

I got the intake in yesterday! I had a commitment that kept me from getting home until 9:40 at night. I still got the intake installed. It didn't take long. The hardest part was the cutting the old tube connectors for that tube that runs to the passenger valve cover. I loaded up my tunes. I didn't do anything special. I just loaded the new tune on top of the old tune.

It is -30 wind chill here, so I can't say for sure if this if from the intake or from the cold, but I was breaking the tires loose in 2nd gear where I haven't been doing that before. I can feel that the car has a little more pep to it, and I can't wait for warm weather and dry roads to really get some full throttle 0-60 pulls in.

Please forgive the dirty engine bay, its cold and I haven't washed the engine bay out since the fall.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WEB_CSC6929.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	331.5 KB
ID:	308994   Click image for larger version

Name:	WEB_CSC6930.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	233.0 KB
ID:	309002   Click image for larger version

Name:	WEB_CSC6924.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	358.2 KB
ID:	309010  

2008 Mustang GT Deluxe, Black, Manual Transmission, Black Cloth Interior
Show: Katzkin Leather Interior, Matte Black 10" Stripes, NXT Step Performance Axlebacks, Pypes M80 Mufflers (mid mounted), CDC Sequential Tail Lights, 14" Shorty Antenna, Ford OEM Plenum Cover, Ford Semigloss Black Painted Valve Covers, Leather Wrapped OEM Steering Wheel
Go: Airaid Race CAI, BAMA Tune, J&M Lower Control Arms, JLT Oil Separator
Coming Soon: Motive 4.10 gears
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page