55 miles on od after 05 GT ford service visit - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-14-2006 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

55 miles on od after 05 GT ford service visit

I have a 05 GT Coupe,took car into Ford dealer for hesitation problem that happens once in a while,Passanger door handle sticks,car detailing with engine shampoo(engine gets very dirty i find).I marked down the mileage & had a full tank of fuel.I dropped the car off on Monday July 10/06 & picked up on Thursday July 13/06. They replaced the fuel pump, replaced door handle linkage etc & detailed & cleaned the car. I was shocked to find 55 miles on my car & a 1/4 tank of fuel gone. I drove home thinking about it, i think someone took advantage of me & joy rode around on prolonged test drives.How far would you test drive to check on hesitation problem knowing that a TSB exists for this problem?? As i write this i am pushing blood vessells back in my neck with my free finger.Man am i pissed.How should i present this to the manager when i call him.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-14-2006
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born To Run
I have a 05 GT Coupe,took car into Ford dealer for hesitation problem that happens once in a while,Passanger door handle sticks,car detailing with engine shampoo(engine gets very dirty i find).I marked down the mileage & had a full tank of fuel.I dropped the car off on Monday July 10/06 & picked up on Thursday July 13/06. They replaced the fuel pump, replaced door handle linkage etc & detailed & cleaned the car. I was shocked to find 55 miles on my car & a 1/4 tank of fuel gone. I drove home thinking about it, i think someone took advantage of me & joy rode around on prolonged test drives.How far would you test drive to check on hesitation problem knowing that a TSB exists for this problem?? As i write this i am pushing blood vessells back in my neck with my free finger.Man am i pissed.How should i present this to the manager when i call him.
hmmmm, sounds like what happened to me with a prior car. Took the car to a dealer, on a monday, told him I would pick it up on Tuesday evening, and actually went in at Tuesday noon, sales man was not there, car was not there, keys we nowhere to be found, and was told the sales man would be in late tuesday, the dealer ship called him, when I was there at noon, no answer. Still do not know what or where it was, and they then lied and said come back tomorrow and it will be ready, and it was locked up in the back. Well I even checked the back, no car. Guess the guy took it home to take his wife and 4 kids cruising in the convertible for a day. They left me an empty tank, not even enough for 10 miles. The next day I looked at the vert tp handles, and they were over the headliner, not under the headliner. There was no need to even touch the vert top. Go figure, it is a hard thing to prove.

Could be the took it home to check it out (an excuse the use) and take the family out riding.

It pissed me off BIG TIME.

55 miles is a lot to take for a test drive, and these jerks, sometimes just let it idle for hours, not good for an engine, slam doors, touch the paint, etc.

To few to mention, actually to lazy to
01 Jeep Cherokee Sport - Silver (His Daily)
05 Mustang V6 Coupe, 5 sp - Redfire (Her Toy)
06 Pontiac Solstice Vert 5 sp - White His Roadster
07 Mustang GT Vert, 5 sp - Redfire His Toy
09 Hyundai Santa Fe - White Metallic (Her Daily)
11 Chevy Silverado 5.3L ExtCab-Light Gray (His)
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-14-2006
nghtrnnr

thats why i am the most anal customer ever at the dealer...when i take my car i insist its somewhere where i can watch the work done....i pretty much crawl around the car with my camera taking pictures before they touch it and have them initial my own diagram of damage on vehicle...and i NEVER ever let it stay over night...i sit there the entire time watching it and every 30 mins check...been doing that with every car i ever owned...if they dont like it...theres well over 100 ford dealers in the area...i'll go to one that wants the business...

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-14-2006

ive heard this story before from another post a while back, you should try to look it up, it became pretty rediculous
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-14-2006
GT Member
S197 Member

I've got some rattling in my car, left and right doors. The left sounds like its the window, because the sound comes from the top and behind my head. The right door might be the same problem.

My emergency brake handle shakes and makes an annoying sound.
There's some weird sound coming from the left passenger a/c vent.
My radio has been giving me some crap lately too.
I need an oil change and rotation.

I need to get it all done asap, but I'm scared how much they're going to drvie it to "listen" to the rattling. If you drive over an uneven road (not really a bumppy road) you can hear it instantly. That's the only thing from having it done already, the prospect of them using it as their toy.

On my way home last night, I pass the dealership I bought my car from, and this GT comes out off a road a bit before it speeding like freaking crazy!! It had to be being worked on because there were white spots all over it, possibly tape; not from removing the paint or anything, and he took a turn in after the dealership.

Needless to say, as I've said 10 times in this post, I'm scared of how hard they'll drive it. I'll definately take my digi and snap some pictures of my odometer.

Oh yeah, some **** opened their door into my car again. A tiny tiny dent to the right of my driverside hand I have to get fixed now. Thankfully I know a body shop manager at the Toyota I used to work at that will hook me up. He fixed a dent on the frame line on my right front fender for $75, including micropainting it.

2019 GT - Velocity Blue with Black Accent Package
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-14-2006
S197 Member

I always take a sticky note and paste it right in the middle of my steering wheel ODO reading and gas reading.

Just lets them know you have an eye on it and they'd be stupid to joy ride it. Always find that note stuck right on the radio display when I get the car back. Never even a mile on the cars ODO.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-14-2006
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born To Run
Hey what Ford dealer do you go to? Just curious, I have brought mine to both Al Palladini and Yonge/Steeles before. My dad has an 02 Thunderbord and he brought it to Al Palladini once to get serviced and when he came to pick it up the owner of the place had taken it to go out for lunch, needless to say my dad went insane, don't trust those bastards.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-16-2006 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Joy Riding

It was in Oakville.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-16-2006
S197 Member

When I bring my car into the dealer, Ernie Haire here in Tampa, they look at the car and mark the mileage down on the service order.
I would imagine an owner could look at the odometer BEFORE leaving the dealer and if there is a wide discrepancy - take it up with them BEFORE moving the car. This way they have had the car, you have not moved it and it would be the time to have the Service Manager and mechanic have a sit down.
It is like complaining about an on going and obvious problem months after having the car and expectiing the Dealer to take care of a "virgin" car.
Reality can be a *****.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page