Just got my 12" stripes - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-14-2006 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Just got my 12" stripes

Hey guys I just got my 12" stripes put on and man does it make the car look fantastic. Really improves the aggressive look of the car and turns twice as many heads. I still have a few little air bubbles here and there do any of you recommend a way to get them out if the sun does not fix it? Also should I wax them like the paint or avoid this? Any particular care ideas would be greatly appreciated.

DW

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mustang.jpg
Views:	339
Size:	362.9 KB
ID:	17887   Click image for larger version

Name:	mustang2.jpg
Views:	455
Size:	282.1 KB
ID:	17888  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-14-2006
Snackmaster

Mine are painted so I don't have an answer for the air bubbles. I don't know if using a pin is an option. Nice choice on the width, though. I'm a fan of the wider stripes as I have 13" with a 2" gap on mine tip to tail.

Nice job!

Snack.

post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-14-2006
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Nice color combo! It picks up the red and looks really sporty.Poco

98'GT Rio Red
Loaded opts. from the factory

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-14-2006
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavrishevo
Hey guys I just got my 12" stripes put on and man does it make the car look fantastic. Really improves the aggressive look of the car and turns twice as many heads. I still have a few little air bubbles here and there do any of you recommend a way to get them out if the sun does not fix it? Also should I wax them like the paint or avoid this? Any particular care ideas would be greatly appreciated.DW
Only way to get rid of the bubbles is to puncture them gently with a sharp pin. Be careful just to penetrate the stripe. You should then be able to force the remaining air & water out or it may even evaporate through the hole if left in the sun. You should use a real car wax and avoid synthetics, although I hear that the new Turtlewax Ice is ok for vinyl.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-14-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Looks good. I agree, I like the color combination.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-14-2006
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Hey guys I just got my 12" stripes put on and man does it make the car look fantastic. Really improves the aggressive look of the car and turns twice as many heads. I still have a few little air bubbles here and there do any of you recommend a way to get them out if the sun does not fix it? Also should I wax them like the paint or avoid this? Any particular care ideas would be greatly appreciated.

DW

Looks great, great great.
I wax mine just like waxing the car. I used mothers wax and then a week later used Turtle ICE Polish on the strips and car. came out just GREAT, smooth, deep shine.

Bubbles: I left it for a few days, and they will "most likely" come out. If not I used a thin sewing pin, and pricked a hole on an angle not to hit the paint and then squezzed out the water and it worked well and u do not see any hole.

Did u do the graphics yourself?
Where did you buy them?
Mine are not on the bumpers, I heard they are hard to do coz of the curvature.
I would like to do them on my new GT that I am waiting for but need to know how hard it would be on the bumpers.
Thanks
Good Luck, looks just great.

To few to mention, actually to lazy to
01 Jeep Cherokee Sport - Silver (His Daily)
05 Mustang V6 Coupe, 5 sp - Redfire (Her Toy)
06 Pontiac Solstice Vert 5 sp - White His Roadster
07 Mustang GT Vert, 5 sp - Redfire His Toy
09 Hyundai Santa Fe - White Metallic (Her Daily)
11 Chevy Silverado 5.3L ExtCab-Light Gray (His)
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-14-2006
S197 Member

I just had the same kit and color combo done on mine last week. I made an agreement with the installer that if there are any bubbles, he would replace the stripe. I am going back tomorrow to have them replace the roof stripes. I like perfection when I pay for something to be done right.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-14-2006
S197 Member

Quote:

DW
Good looking car. BTW, what does "GTR 400" mean?
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-14-2006 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Stripes

To answer a few of the questions and thanks for the info about using a pin, I purchased them off of eBay for about $170.00 except for the side runners which I got from Baltimore Street Mods, you can find them online. I had ordered side runners with the kit but the guy sent the wrong ones. White stripe but it says GT500 on them instead of GT350 and it was just to much of a hassle to go through the return process so I choose just get them from B.S.M. I also did not want to short myself a few HP.

I really don't know why I choose to put an "R" with the "GT", I thought it looked good and it was different. I'm not pushing 400 HP yet so the 400 is a bit of a fib, I'm only at 382 at the flywheel about 328 WHP. But I will be there pretty soon, for now shhhh don't tell anyone....LOL:hihi:
Oh yes an no I did not install them myself. Place called Full EFX that does custom paint and the works. They did a great job and the only bubbles I have are on back/front bumper and a few on the wing. Think I'm going to take that damn thing off anyway. I will try the pin in a few days if they are still there.

So if anyone is interested in buying 2 white side runners that say "GT500" I will let it go for cheap, like $15.00 plus shipping, let me know. I live in Atlanta.

Thanks again,
Daniel
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
So if anyone is interested in buying 2 white side runners that say "GT500" I will let it go for cheap, like $15.00 plus shipping, let me know. I live in Atlanta.
I'd so do that... if I was going to get white stripes. I think I have to get black, its the only color that would look good on my car w/ the tint and all. I think I should go with black rims and black stripes, whatca think?

2019 GT - Velocity Blue with Black Accent Package
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-14-2006 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkinsbball
I'd so do that... if I was going to get white stripes. I think I have to get black, its the only color that would look good on my car w/ the tint and all. I think I should go with black rims and black stripes, whatca think?
Black was my other choice, I was kind of back and forth on the two colors but the reason I choose white is because it brightens the car and really does not clash with my tint. But if you like black go for it, just in my opinion it seems to darken the overall look of the car. Some like that though. To each his own.

Check out this link. Do a copy and paste. You can choose your base color and stripe type and color. Lets you see how your car would look with different colors. Once on page scroll down till you see the pic of the Mustang that says "Click for stripe color options" and click the link.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://
www.atlanticsportscars.com/cars/05_mustang_stripes.jpg&
imgrefurl=http://www.atlanticsportscars.com/cars/05_mustang.
html&h=278&w=425&sz=34&tbnid=owVsYD7fxngJ:&tbnh=79 &tbn
w=122&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dmustang%2Bstripes%26hl%3Den%
26lr%3D&oi=imagesr&start=3

Daniel
SHELBY GT-40 ULTIMATE Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Hey guys I just got my 12" stripes put on and man does it make the car look fantastic. Really improves the aggressive look of the car and turns twice as many heads.

Looks great, I like the color combo.
I know what you mean about the heads turning, I just had mine painted this week and it's funny
to watch some people almost break thier necks to get a look.

Can life get any better????
Classic Member
S197 Member

looks really good! nice ride! people do look for sure cant much blame them

Saleen S/C 3.2 pulley. Chris Rose tune.

Hot Rod cams, GT500 pumps, CHE goodies on the rear, 4.10's, KOOKS/ O/R X pipe with PYPES Violators, Spydershaft, TCI 3500 stall, PA deep tranny pan. Meziere w/p,M&H 325/45/17 DRs.
S/[email protected]/[email protected]
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by white angel
Looks great, I like the color combo.
I know what you mean about the heads turning, I just had mine painted this week and it's funny
to watch some people almost break thier necks to get a look.
I bet some are thinking you have the new Shelby. I get lots of other Mustangs speed up to get near my car, then back off (probably disappointed).
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-15-2006 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Game
I bet some are thinking you have the new Shelby. I get lots of other Mustangs speed up to get near my car, then back off (probably disappointed).

LOL probably, oh well for them. :hihi:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page