Making a GT look like a V6 - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingjts
The single tail pipe gets most people... Duals can be V6 or V8... but single always means V6... which is why I will always have a single exhaust on my car... People come up behind me and think, "ah-ha a dressed up V6! Easy prey!" Most people can't pick up the tell-tale whistle from the front of the car... The MRT axle back does a pretty good job of cover up the Vortech... hehehehe...
There was another guy, with a white Pinto station wagon with the Love Boat Portholes in the back, and the black orange fade stripes that were common on those things.

that guy somehow fit a 351C - could have been a 427, I don't remember, it was so long ago and a toploader in that car. I'd NEVER been beaten like that guy beat me!

he REALLY wanted to race me for money, but I didn't have any, as I was still working on rebuilding the truck.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvandermey
Okay guys, I am glad to see you are all as twisted as I am...I thought it was just me, but you guys are coming up with pure evil ideas...I like them.
If you are gonna go with the pony badges...I'd leave off the "281" badge for obvious reasons

S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegasusphototx
Like this? :hihi:

-danny
That looks extremely cool!!!

S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoNomyk
That looks extremely cool!!!
Thanks... it's more of a retro than sleeper look though! :yelpleased:

-danny
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_5662.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	18049   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_5666.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	18050   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_5796.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	18051  
S197 Member

Quote:
Thanks... it's more of a retro than sleeper look though! :yelpleased:

-danny
That pony emblem covers the holes left by the "GT" emblem with no problems? If so, I'm gonna hook mine up like that...I gotta black GT also. How hard was it to remove the GT badge? Sorry to hijack the thread
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoNomyk
That pony emblem covers the holes left by the "GT" emblem with no problems? If so, I'm gonna hook mine up like that...I gotta black GT also. How hard was it to remove the GT badge? Sorry to hijack the thread
Yes the holes match up perfectly. One small nit, I think that the pony is angled a little, but it seems to me, it must be on the V6 as well. Can't imagine them having two templates for drilling the holes.

I used a hot hair dryer and some string to pull it away from the body. Was easy and didn't leave any residue. You may want some Goo-Gone just in case.

Let's see it when you get it done.

-danny
S197 Member

Quote:
Yes the holes match up perfectly. One small nit, I think that the pony is angled a little, but it seems to me, it must be on the V6 as well. Can't imagine them having two templates for drilling the holes.

I used a hot hair dryer and some string to pull it away from the body. Was easy and didn't leave any residue. You may want some Goo-Gone just in case.

Let's see it when you get it done.

-danny
Thanks a lot...I'll post pics as soon as I'm done.
S197 Member

Stick a Jesu s fish on the back as well lol..

But seriously, unless you really prefer the look of the V6 over the GT I wouldn't go to all that trouble of making it look like a V6, the GT looks way better imo. To make it look worse just to trick other drivers into racing isn't the brightest idea if you don't like the way it looks.

BTW Pegasus those pics of your Stang in front of the old style gas station are freakin sweet!
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

If you follow through with sleeper GT I'll send you the fake Pony gas cap ,you pay the shipping :hihi: I'm taking it off for the CDC black out panel.Poco

98'GT Rio Red
Loaded opts. from the factory
post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-21-2006 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantage
Stick a Jesu s fish on the back as well lol..

But seriously, unless you really prefer the look of the V6 over the GT I wouldn't go to all that trouble of making it look like a V6, the GT looks way better imo. To make it look worse just to trick other drivers into racing isn't the brightest idea if you don't like the way it looks.

BTW Pegasus those pics of your Stang in front of the old style gas station are freakin sweet!
Well, friends and family have chuckled at the idea of a V6-looking GT sleeper, but have pursuaded my to continue with the original plan and mod the hell out of the car. I was told since I have the exhaust, 20" wheels and 14" brakes, that I am not likely to fool too many people anyways. I agree, I do like the look of the GT more than the V6. The sleeper idea was just an idea that came to me when I was having problems with my body mods. So it looks like I will be going with the original plan and making one fine and unique GT, yes, a V8 GT!!!!!
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvandermey
Well, friends and family have chuckled at the idea of a V6-looking GT sleeper, but have pursuaded my to continue with the original plan and mod the hell out of the car. I was told since I have the exhaust, 20" wheels and 14" brakes, that I am not likely to fool too many people anyways. I agree, I do like the look of the GT more than the V6. The sleeper idea was just an idea that came to me when I was having problems with my body mods. So it looks like I will be going with the original plan and making one fine and unique GT, yes, a V8 GT!!!!!
Aren't you the one who had earlier said that you are giving up on mods and going back to stock?

AFM Site Administrator
2006 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT Manual.
Alpine H/U with Infinity speakers.
Powerhouse CAI and Tune.
Previous Mustangs:
1978 2.8 L, 1979 5.0, 1982 5.0 "HO", 1986 5.0 GT

Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today
S197 Member

Yeah, I'd go with that plan. If you like the GT, make it look like a GT. Dressing it down solely for the purpose of fooling other people really defeats the purpose of having a cool car, which is to: ENJOY IT FOR YOURSELF. If you prefer the GT look, you'll always wish that it looked that way, and I doubt any number of sleeper kills are going to make up for that.
post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-21-2006 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcfrisch
Aren't you the one who had earlier said that you are giving up on mods and going back to stock?
Not exactly, but close. I was indeed fed up with the problems with the exterior mods. After the fiasco with my ducktail, I wanted to keep only the exterior stock (keeping the performance mods). There is no financially feasible way I would be able to go back to completely stock, for I have way too many performance mods for that to work. Plus I have added things that would be more expensive to return to stock, such as a light bar. So I was going to keep the exterior stock (except the wheels, brakes and exhaust). As such, I had already taken off the ducktail and reinstalled the factory spoiler. I still have a spare unmolested stock front bumper cover, so I was going to remove my aggressive chin spoiler as well. Hence came the idea to make the GT into a dressed up V6...turning it into a "sleeper". Although I received many interesting ideas here on this forum, my friends and family seemed to think otherwise. A close friend of mine reminded me of my original purpose for getting the Mustang and what my plans were. After carefully reviewing what I have spent on my car and what I still want to spend, I decided to chuck the exterior mod problems up as experience, albeit a pricey experience, but experience nontheless. Since I have virtually all of the performance mods done that I want to do right now (except for the supercharger, which will come later), that means I only have my exterior mods to consider, and for those, I am taking it slowly and trying to eliminate or reduce previous issues. I think the secret is to learn patience. We will see.
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedz Pony
Yeah, I'd go with that plan. If you like the GT, make it look like a GT. Dressing it down solely for the purpose of fooling other people really defeats the purpose of having a cool car, which is to: ENJOY IT FOR YOURSELF. If you prefer the GT look, you'll always wish that it looked that way, and I doubt any number of sleeper kills are going to make up for that.
The reason for the sleeper is to make money. It's a "shark" gambit.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
S197 Member

Quote:
Like this? :hihi:

-danny
I got the "pony" emblems...now I need to know where to get the "281" badge.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page