Making a GT look like a V6 - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvandermey
Not exactly, but close. I was indeed fed up with the problems with the exterior mods. After the fiasco with my ducktail, I wanted to keep only the exterior stock (keeping the performance mods). There is no financially feasible way I would be able to go back to completely stock, for I have way too many performance mods for that to work. Plus I have added things that would be more expensive to return to stock, such as a light bar. So I was going to keep the exterior stock (except the wheels, brakes and exhaust). As such, I had already taken off the ducktail and reinstalled the factory spoiler. I still have a spare unmolested stock front bumper cover, so I was going to remove my aggressive chin spoiler as well. Hence came the idea to make the GT into a dressed up V6...turning it into a "sleeper". Although I received many interesting ideas here on this forum, my friends and family seemed to think otherwise. A close friend of mine reminded me of my original purpose for getting the Mustang and what my plans were. After carefully reviewing what I have spent on my car and what I still want to spend, I decided to chuck the exterior mod problems up as experience, albeit a pricey experience, but experience nontheless. Since I have virtually all of the performance mods done that I want to do right now (except for the supercharger, which will come later), that means I only have my exterior mods to consider, and for those, I am taking it slowly and trying to eliminate or reduce previous issues. I think the secret is to learn patience. We will see.
you know what I think? You think too much of your car and probably have a lot of freetime. Believe me your GT will never finish if you keep asking for more. Just enjoy what you have. It's completely stupid to throw a lot of money to fool people. Sorry for jumpin your back, but have mercy on yourself. Your GT is making you go crazy :hihi:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-28-2006 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Problem solved...I have gone with my original plan to finish making the show car I have always wanted. In this case, it is a Mustang GT covnertible that looks like a Mustang GT convertible. I only considered making it look like a V6 becasue I was having issues with my body mods. All body mod issues have been resolved. In all reality, I was just brainstorming. I started this thread because my friends had mentioned in a joking way that I would be cheating if I dressed my GT as V6, so I thought I would see what my fellow Mustang Amigos thought. Ironically, it is this forum that gave me ideas that I did not even think about.

No worries HornyGT, I am not offended by your comments. Let's face it, anyone who is that thin skinned, should not be asking for comments or opinions on a public forum. To each their own. I figured some people would think the V6 idea to be amusing (like I did) and many more who would think it a bad idea.

No, I do not have too much free time...I work for a living, and work hard at that. Yes, I enjoy the living crap out of my Mustang GT. Yes, it is a show car, so yes, I put thought into everything I do with it. But then again, I put much thought into everything I do, for that is who I am. The GT itself is not what is making me crazy, what is driving me crazy is paying professionals to do quality work or provide quality products and then discovering that the product or service is less than par. Yes, I deal with this daily, hence why the legal system is so good to me (job security), but it is still frustrating when it happens to you.

Finally, my car is close to being complety the way I want it (according to my original plan), I only have a few more mods to do, and for the most part, they are minor. No doubt in a few years, I will likely discover something else I would like to do to my car...heck, I have rebuilt and resdesigned my MGB 3 or 4 times in the last 21+ years, so it is likely I will do the same to my Mustang GT.

S197 Member

well in that case... good luck amigo (high 5)!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page