Ford Mustang Forum

Ford Mustang Forum (/forums/)
-   2005-2010 Mustang Talk (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2005-2010-mustang-talk/)
-   -   Making a GT look like a V6 (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2005-2010-mustang-talk/61728-making-gt-look-like-v6.html)

mrvandermey 07-14-2006 11:44 AM

Making a GT look like a V6

451 Attachment(s)
Okay, after my rear ducktail fiasco (which since then has been resolved), I came up with an intersting idea. After my ducktail did not work out, I was going to swear off any further modifications. Even to the point of removing my chin spoiler. I since then have reattached the factory spoiler and a thought came to me.

What if I keep the exterior of my car completely stock, or maybe even better yet, go one step further and make my car appear as if it is a dressed up V6 (all show, no go)? Then I could bait more guys into a friendly race and get a smile when their facial expression shows how bad they were beat. I grant, I do have dual exhaust, 20" wheels and 14" rotors w/red calipers, that may scare a few potential drivers from playing, but I was thinking of taking off all the GT badges, put a V6 front grill, and keep the exterior essentially stock, and let people think I fixed up a V6, then hand deliver their pride to them on a silver platter when I add them to my kill stories. Now my firends and family say I would be playing unfair...what do you all think? Just a thought.

NOSty Pony 07-14-2006 11:57 AM

you should put the running horse badges on the front fenders. then people will think you have a pony package V6.

pegasusphototx 07-14-2006 12:54 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by NOSty Pony
you should put the running horse badges on the front fenders. then people will think you have a pony package V6.

Like this? :hihi:

-danny

mrvandermey 07-14-2006 01:00 PM

451 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by pegasusphototx
Like this? :hihi:

-danny

That's the ticket!!!! :gringreen I am really liking this sleeper concept. I am essentially doen witht he 'go fast" mods (except for the supercharger), but I am really liking the idea of not only keeping the exterior stock, but making her appear has a dressed up V6. this could be fun.

nghtrnnr 07-14-2006 01:01 PM

thats a fun idea....very interesting...after you beat them keep insisting its only a v6 with a k&n filter....that'll blow their minds:hihi:

pcfrisch 07-14-2006 01:09 PM

Are you going to chop off one of the tailpipes too? :blowingup:

mrvandermey 07-14-2006 01:14 PM

451 Attachment(s)
No, I am not going that far. For I have seen V6 Mustangs with dual exhaust. Besdies, the idea is to make a sleep that LOOKS like a V6, not necessarily performs like one. But I would consider putting on a V6 front bumper as well as grill. I do not need to worry about the rockers, for my car is already black.

stlwagon 07-14-2006 01:18 PM

852 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvandermey
Okay, after my rear ducktail fiasco (which since then has been resolved), I came up with an intersting idea. After my ducktail did not work out, I was going to swear off any further modifications. Even to the point of removing my chin spoiler. I since then have reattached the factory spoiler and a thought came to me.

What if I keep the exterior of my car completely stock, or maybe even better yet, go one step further and make my car appear as if it is a dressed up V6 (all show, no go)? Then I could bait more guys into a friendly race and get a smile when their facial expression shows how bad they were beat. I grant, I do have dual exhaust, 20" wheels and 14" rotors w/red calipers, that may scare a few potential drivers from playing, but I was thinking of taking off all the GT badges, put a V6 front grill, and keep the exterior essentially stock, and let people think I fixed up a V6, then hand deliver their pride to them on a silver platter when I add them to my kill stories. Now my firends and family say I would be playing unfair...what do you all think? Just a thought.

Ah... the inner workings of a twisted mind :bounce2: Cruel, yes, but I like it.

2horseowner 07-14-2006 01:21 PM

You could put the V6 rear fascia on and put a turn down tip on the other muffler to hide it.

mot250 07-14-2006 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2horseowner
You could put the V6 rear fascia on and put a turn down tip on the other muffler to hide it.

Better yet, go with the pony badges and the V6 rear fascia but use a single rear mounted turbo on your stealth GT with only one exhaust pipe. That would be nucking futs and would really freak out some unsuspecting GTO and SRT8 drivers!

mrvandermey 07-14-2006 02:39 PM

451 Attachment(s)
Okay guys, I am glad to see you are all as twisted as I am...I thought it was just me, but you guys are coming up with pure evil ideas...I like them.

kscoyote 07-14-2006 02:49 PM

Don't forget some greenpeace or NPR stickers, that really gets 'em.

Sleepers out here'll throw on baby on board stickers and car seats for non-existent kids, then bet $50 on the race . ..

mrvandermey 07-14-2006 03:01 PM

451 Attachment(s)
Oh you sick puppy...tell me more. I never thought of the bumper sticker or carseat gig. I guess I could with the classic V6 sidestripes, the dealer side molding and maybe even a dealer license plate frame.

kscoyote 07-14-2006 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvandermey
Oh you sick puppy...tell me more. I never thought of the bumper sticker or carseat gig. I guess I could with the classic V6 sidestripes and maybe even a dealer license plate frame.

I wish I still had photos -someone stole all my photos from a storage unit while I was in San Diego. It's why I only have the two photos of my 68 Mustang.

I'll see if I can turn some up online.

There was this one guy in a Gremlin, had the whole sleeper shebang, but he had a built 390 AMX engine it. Had a fake single exhaust (one turned down, one out the rear with the 4 cylinder tip) from the 4 cylinder but he had TWO mufflers on on either side of it to keep it quiet.

Can't find any on Google -but then I doubt anyone would post a pic of a moneymaker like that, it would give the whole thing away .. .

fishingjts 07-14-2006 04:02 PM

The single tail pipe gets most people... Duals can be V6 or V8... but single always means V6... which is why I will always have a single exhaust on my car... People come up behind me and think, "ah-ha a dressed up V6! Easy prey!" Most people can't pick up the tell-tale whistle from the front of the car... The MRT axle back does a pretty good job of cover up the Vortech... hehehehe...